Commonwealth Games Schedule Overview For Delhi 2010

G'day,

In case you hadn't noticed, Delhi is hosting the Commonwealth Games, at the moment the times are pretty much as advertised

From each day, Network Ten (as well as WIN in Griffith and WIN W.A.) will be broadcasting the following

Afternoon Session - from 1pm AEDST - 12:30pm ACDST - 12pm AEST - 11:30am ACST - 10am AWST (until 5pm local time) (Starts at 2pm on Southern Cross Tas)

Primetime Session - from 6pm AEDST - 5:30pm ACDST - 5pm AEST - 4:30pm ACST - 3pm AWST - Note: Some areas join before and after news and normal programming

Night Session - from 9pm AEDST - 8:30pm ACDST - 8pm AEST - 7:30pm ACST - 6pm AWST (6:30pm on WIN W.A. - 8pm on Southern Cross N.T. - 7:30pm on Southern Cross Tas)

Overnight Session - from 11pm AEDST - 10:30pm ACDST - 10pm AEST - 9:30pm ACST - 8pm AWST (10:30pm on WIN W.A. - 11:30pm on Southern Cross N.T.)

Note: One HD is LIVE across the country, continuous coverage while normal programming is on Ten, Southern Cross Ten, WIN W.A, Southern Cross N.T. and Southern Cross Tas.

Note: TDT are on a 3 hour delay, starting at 4pm AEDST

Note: DDT are LIVE from 1:30pm ACST

Afternoon Session - from 1pm AEDST - 12:30pm ACDST - 12pm AEST - 11:30am ACST - 10am AWST (until 5pm local time) (Starts at 2pm on Southern Cross Tas)

Why does Southern Cross have to have the games on a delay why can't they switch to the ONE HD feed at 5:00pm when the mainland takes the news. :angry:

G'day,

I'm not quite sure if its delayed, or just Southern Cross joining LIVE, what are they adversiting it as?

Some of the online TV guides are showing 1:00pm The Fairies 1:30pm Infomercials 2:00pm Commonwealth Games

But the EPG is showing 12:00pm The Fairies 12:30pm Infomercials 1:00pm Commonwealth Games

G'day,

I assume One HD in Tasmania, is not simulcasting TDT, or they'd be on a delay too!

So Southern Cross could indeed take their normal programming, knowing they cater for the Home and Away audience too, while One HD continues

But now I look at the guides, One HD in Tasmania is on that same delay as TDT!

Southern Cross goes until 6pm, and comes back at 6:30pm!

Southern Cross HD seems like normal programming, but no Home and Away

G'day,

I assume One HD in Tasmania, is not simulcasting TDT, or they'd be on a delay too!

So Southern Cross could indeed take their normal programming, knowing they cater for the Home and Away audience too, while One HD continues

But now I look at the guides, One HD in Tasmania is on that same delay as TDT!

Southern Cross goes until 6pm, and comes back at 6:30pm!

Southern Cross HD seems like normal programming, but no Home and Away

Yeah Southern Cross HD (60) has been changed to SD for 12 days for normal programing while Southern Cross (6 and analog) are broadcasting the games. It's really annoying that Southern Cross has taken a monopoly over this and blocked ONE HD but it can't be helped.

Yep, Home and Away, Packed to the Rafters are all suspended until after the games so people with analogue don't miss episodes. Its a bad setup but it could be so much worse if they didn't change 60 to SD and broadcast normal programs.

Also next Sunday will be interesting with Bathurst being broadcast, that has to be on the main channel so hopefully the games will be on 60 or ONE HD and TDT will take the reins.

Foxtel don't seem to have things quite correct.... on my "red button" schedule it says "Lawn Bowls" Delhi 5, on now and actually it is Table Tennis.

wtf

The now and next also is incorrect. I am in WA if that explains anything as the "East" seems to regularly gets things wrong as regards WA schedules but Foxtel is usually much better than FTA in that respect

Edited by Harry

Foxtel don't seem to have things quite correct.... on my "red button" schedule it says "Lawn Bowls" Delhi 5, on now and actually it is Table Tennis.

wtf

The now and next also is incorrect. I am in WA if that explains anything as the "East" seems to regularly gets things wrong as regards WA schedules but Foxtel is usually much better than FTA in that respect

G'day Harry,

I've heard there's been some scheduling issues with these games, even Sky TV in New Zealand have had their worries to keep up with what exactly is happening

G'day,

Nice to see a clean feed from Ten being sent nationally, at the moment One HD in the metro areas has their watermark in the 4:3 area and is grey (Day 1 was 16:9) While Ten has theirs in the 4:3 area too and is grey

Southern Cross Ten have their watermark in the 4:3 area, and is black, One HD has theirs in the 16:9 area and is also black

Looks like Tasmania are watermark free, they must be pleased

G'day Alista,

The same as the footy? sounds unusual.....was it clear until today?

No it wasn't, and its back to the normal Ten one now. Eg. Comm Games on SCTV digital ch6 and analogue

Who said we were watermark free? If Ten send something without a watermark then Southern Cross usually put one on there themselves, either an older Ten logo or the current one used on the footy. They have never made an effort to make one themselves sadly.

G'day Alista,

It was a guess, as every other area seems to be doing their own thing, not even Southern Cross Ten are taking what Ten's putting on, so I assume its a clean feed

I also found this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnCNFHfaxPc

I presumed this was a Tasmanian video, if not...where did it come from?