Just Got My 65" Vt20 3d Pana

I wonder if you would have a link for the slides etc on the AVS forum please.

You say you didn't need to change many settings with the DVE BD. So which picture setting of the Pana did you find to be the most accurate? Some people seem to like "Cinema" and others "THX".

My 65" is due to arrive this afternoon.

Enjoy the new toy. I have used the BI slides on my Sammy 63 7000 and you can download from here http://www.webapalooza.com/plasma/

They may be the same ones on AVS infact I am confident they are.

Edited by CC Rider

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if you would have a link for the slides etc on the AVS forum please.

You say you didn't need to change many settings with the DVE BD. So which picture setting of the Pana did you find to be the most accurate? Some people seem to like "Cinema" and others "THX".

My 65" is due to arrive this afternoon.

Cinema is pretty good out of the box. THX has a yellowish tinge to it.

Congrats, this is one BIG TV. Just remember to enjoy it ! So many people get caught up with very fine details like black levels, settings, break in slides. Sit back, and enjoy.

Edited by Freaky

Cinema is pretty good out of the box. THX has a yellowish tinge to it.

Congrats, this is one BIG TV. Just remember to enjoy it ! So many people get caught up with very fine details like black levels, settings, break in slides. Sit back, and enjoy.

It is a big TV, but in my case it will be a relatively big TV as it is replacing my 70" Sony SXRD. I admit I get caught up in all those fine details, but that can also be part of the enjoyment.

Im in Adelaide and have been interested in a 65 inch for a while.Is it a marketing stratergy for panasonic to limit production on big screens to stop the big discounts and keep the customers who pay full RRP happy.Ive tried JB HN and Good guys and they are not fully stocked with the new PANASONIC [Model No: TH-P65VT20A.

Im in Adelaide and have been interested in a 65 inch for a while.Is it a marketing stratergy for panasonic to limit production on big screens to stop the big discounts and keep the customers who pay full RRP happy.Ive tried JB HN and Good guys and they are not fully stocked with the new PANASONIC [Model No: TH-P65VT20A.

You sure HN Woodville haven't any? Ask for Rod. Told last Saturday they had eight at the back

Edited by CC Rider

HDMI.org would disagree with you: http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/...1_4_faq.aspx#19

"The HDMI 1.4 specification adds a data channel to the HDMI connection, enabling high-speed, bi-directional communication"

There is such a thing as HDMI 1.4 but not 1.4 cable. Good quality cable sold as hdmi 1.3 compatable will in most cases transfer HDMI 1.4 sig.

Sick of retaillers sucking people in and telling them they need hdmi 1.4 cable when their current 1.3 "capable" cable is suffice.

Edited by CC Rider

There is such a thing as HDMI 1.4 but not 1.4 cable. Good quality cable sold as hdmi 1.3 compatable will in most cases transfer HDMI 1.4 sig.

Sick of retaillers sucking people in and telling them they need hdmi 1.4 cable when their current 1.3 "capable" cable is suffice.

Is there an extra wire or pin to a 1.4 cable or is it just that the particular hdmi cable has been tested for 1.4 through put?

Edited by Geforce

Yes I got that from HN as well, "You must have a 3D cable or it will not work here is one for $199"....... Bollocks!

Jaycar do a range of HDMI 1.4 cables, starting from $34.95 for 0.5m, I buy all of my cables from there.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.as...&SUBMIT.y=0

Yes I got that from HN as well, "You must have a 3D cable or it will not work here is one for $199"....... Bollocks!

Jaycar do a range of HDMI 1.4 cables, starting from $34.95 for 0.5m, I buy all of my cables from there.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.as...&SUBMIT.y=0

The $7-8 hdmi cables selby sells through their ebay store work as well. I use them and tested them with 3d. This includes delivery price. No need to spend more than ten bucks unless you need a long cable

I was in hardly normal today in a closed off section with a wall of tv's showing the same content with the lights out.A close look at the black levels shows that the Pana is a hair better than the Sammy but i wouldn't call either of them good.They are in reality both just average.If you factor in that the Pana blacks will rise the it is obvious that the Pana tv's are overpriced.I think the Sammy is priced about right.Having said that if i was buying one i would still take the 65 Pana over the 63 sammy but be aware guys you are getting ripped off for and extra $1000 for those two inches. :D

Edited by ekkieTHUMP

I was in hardly normal today in a closed off section with a wall of tv's showing the same content with the lights out.A close look at the black levels shows that the Pana is a hair better than the Sammy but i wouldn't call either of them good.They are in reality both just average.If you factor in that the Pana blacks will rise the it is obvious that the Pana tv's are overpriced.I think the Sammy is priced about right.Having said that if i was buying one i would still take the 65 Pana over the 63 sammy but be aware guys you are getting ripped off for and extra $1000 for those two inches. :D

I am Trying to decide Between the 63" Sammy and the 65" Panasonic. As you say $1000 is a lot for 2 inches, but the Samsung has been to produce a buzzing noise which puts me off.

Its just so hard to Decide.

You sure HN Woodville haven't any? Ask for Rod. Told last Saturday they had eight at the back

Thanks CC RIDER

Just called HN in Woodville and yes they do have 8 out the back.regards price when I quoted the 65" VT20 from HN Wangaratta, the catalogue price of $4499 he said NO WAY they can match it.I will go down over the weekend for a demo anyway.

Thanks CC RIDER

Just called HN in Woodville and yes they do have 8 out the back.regards price when I quoted the 65" VT20 from HN Wangaratta, the catalogue price of $4499 he said NO WAY they can match it.I will go down over the weekend for a demo anyway.

Yep only your eyes can tell the difference. Like CC Rider have the 65" V10 love it, mine is wall mounted.

Thanks CC RIDER

Was in HN noarlunga yesterday and they had the catalogue correction notice stuck to the 65 saying correct price was $5999 then another sticker pricing it at $4999.

Might be some room for movement there? :unsure:

You are talking cr@p.

I have seen the 65vt20 at HN and have played selected dark scenes I am familiar with and like the 63 7000 the 65vt20 performed brilliantly. Infact the blacks looked better on the 65 vt20.

Based on your comments on this forum You wouldn't buy any 3d TV as you have been trolling all the 3D TV threads and berating the technology at every opportuniy.

Sadly you are at it again..... at your trolling best. Therapy may be the order of the day. :P

Edited by CC Rider