Just Got My 65" Vt20 3d Pana

Nice pick up :)

Quick delivery to - same day?

How many years with the EW ($500) - plus 4 years??

It's weird because Myer do EW for $399 for plus 5 years - I wonder if there is any difference in contract/service?

You'll probably find the Denon may do better upscaling on SD than the Pana.

Has anybody actually seen a printed "Apology" in the newspaper re: the HN Cat stuff up!! I haven't as of yet.

Yes same day delivery, I live less than a km away.

Denon is doing a fantastic job. Now for the real test,... Dark Knight...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you got stooged mate, they are supposed to give it to you at the time of sale, i work in a retravision store, there is no redemption for this

I reckon your spot on. The Player plus glasses are available from the store not by redemption as per Samsung's offer. I suspect they withheld the bonus to make up for the error.

You are entitled to it so go back to the store and demand player plus pair of glasses. The blu ray discs x2 should be included. I don't buy the cr@p they are only for the 50".

i think you got stooged mate, they are supposed to give it to you at the time of sale, i work in a retravision store, there is no redemption for this

Thanks for that, I sent HN an email asking why I didn't get my freebies... they've replied to say the store will be in contact with me tomorrow. Hopefully there will be no stuffing around.

Thanks for that, I sent HN an email asking why I didn't get my freebies... they've replied to say the store will be in contact with me tomorrow. Hopefully there will be no stuffing around.

Mate, it's definitely a pick up in store, but a bit tricky to find on the website. For details go to

- panasonics website and make sure it's the full site, not mobile

- click on "what's new" heading up the top

- click on "promotions"

- the details for redemption will be listed so print a copy and show them as it states to pick up in store

Goodluck, it's a great tv, I only used it for a few days before heading off to Europe for 4 weeks, so something to look forward to upon return (typing from Bath, I really shouldn't be thinking of tv's :)

With the Panasonic Promotion which runs to the 31/10/10 - it appears you receive x1 extra pair of glasses (making 2 total - with the first pair included with the TV).

HN appears to be offering x2 extra pairs of glasses - making the total 3 pairs of glasses.

Is this correct or another one of their stuff ups?

Cheers

Got the call from HN this morning. Was an error due to confusion on their behalf. Apparently they thought we had to send in a redemption form.. The nice lady said she will give me a call when the BR & Glasses come in. Shouldn't be more than a week.

Got the call from HN this morning. Was an error due to confusion on their behalf. Apparently they thought we had to send in a redemption form.. The nice lady said she will give me a call when the BR & Glasses come in. Shouldn't be more than a week.

Come in? Shouldnt they have a stack of them to give away with the TV's when purchased?

With the Panasonic Promotion which runs to the 31/10/10 - it appears you receive x1 extra pair of glasses (making 2 total - with the first pair included with the TV).

HN appears to be offering x2 extra pairs of glasses - making the total 3 pairs of glasses.

Is this correct or another one of their stuff ups?

Cheers

I only got one extra pair, plus the TV set so two all up. I told the salesman it was a bit misleading and he agreed but did not honour it, and I didn't want to push my already good luck.

BTW, the glasses are not comfortable, I had to pause the DVD a few times to remove glasses and let the building migrane subside, but then, all sunglasses do that to me, so it may just be me! As for using them, I had no issue with my eyes adjusting to them. Interestingly a mate of mine who has an astigmatism in his left eye and he did not see the 3D effect at all.

I only got one extra pair, plus the TV set so two all up. I told the salesman it was a bit misleading and he agreed but did not honour it, and I didn't want to push my already good luck.

BTW, the glasses are not comfortable, I had to pause the DVD a few times to remove glasses and let the building migrane subside, but then, all sunglasses do that to me, so it may just be me! As for using them, I had no issue with my eyes adjusting to them. Interestingly a mate of mine who has an astigmatism in his left eye and he did not see the 3D effect at all.

I'm not having any luck with the cat price (you have done well!) but I am expecting 3 x pairs of glasses. They plan to give me two pairs and I believe there is a pair in the box. Even thinking of getting it from the G'guys they didn't get my hopes up with the cat price and then make me beg as hard for a reasonable deal.

Guest dwaynel

I can confirm 100% that Harvey Norman Cannington (WA) are honouring the catalogue prices. All the Panasonics had the same price sticker on them as in the catalogue, I asked the salesman and he said that they are honouring the price even though it's a mistake.

I was looking at the 65" and getting the details, he said 1 pair of glasses included in the TV and one pair with with free blue-ray player and blu-rays. I pointed out to him the sticker said 2 pairs with the blue-ray player, and he said no that's two in total. I asked him to go double check, he checked with his manager and said they would give me 2 pairs plus the one that came with the TV, so 3 pairs total. Was told extract glasses they would do for about $180, and 5 years warranty for $599.

Now I just need to decide between the 58" or the 65". $1K extra for the extra 7" is a lot, but that's the cost of the top model I guess :)

I can confirm 100% that Harvey Norman Cannington (WA) are honouring the catalogue prices. All the Panasonics had the same price sticker on them as in the catalogue, I asked the salesman and he said that they are honouring the price even though it's a mistake.

I was looking at the 65" and getting the details, he said 1 pair of glasses included in the TV and one pair with with free blue-ray player and blu-rays. I pointed out to him the sticker said 2 pairs with the blue-ray player, and he said no that's two in total. I asked him to go double check, he checked with his manager and said they would give me 2 pairs plus the one that came with the TV, so 3 pairs total. Was told extract glasses they would do for about $180, and 5 years warranty for $599.

Now I just need to decide between the 58" or the 65". $1K extra for the extra 7" is a lot, but that's the cost of the top model I guess :)

Go the 65" for sure, with last years model I bought the 58" and saved the money, but now have the 65" and I absolutely love it, great tv!

No question man, you won't regret getting the 65 but you'll kick yourself if you get the 58... especially if you can afford it! I'm loving mine. Up till 3am playing Call of Duty last night, it's just so much better than my previous Samsung for gaming! I can actually see what's on the screen when turning around in the game.. no more blurry catch up!

This would be a great time to dispell some of the Panasonic bad press guys. So hows are the floating blacks and blury SD that gets constantly brought up by Samsung owners?

The soft SD output is also reported by many reviewers. I have been a devout Pana owner and have seen the vt20 next to a sammy 7000 at HN Gepps Cross . Given both remotes and calibrating them so that sharpness and edge enhancement was set to "off" for both sets the softness is still there for fta sd material.

I don't think it is the panel but the scaler that Pana use.

Edited by CC Rider

;

No question man, you won't regret getting the 65 but you'll kick yourself if you get the 58... especially if you can afford it! I'm loving mine. Up till 3am playing Call of Duty last night, it's just so much better than my previous Samsung for gaming! I can actually see what's on the screen when turning around in the game.. no more blurry catch up!

So true. I did the same thing last year. Purchased the 58v10 and within 4 weeks changed my mind and bought the 65v10. I was lucky there was someone who purchased

the 58" from me.

Motto Get the biggest available in the model series that you can afford.

Funny that only 4 years ago members were opting to go 42" because WAF would shun the "massive" :wacko: 50"

Saw one yesterday, PQ is very good but still a little off. The Sammy 63 is slightly ahead.

Panasonic is still the only tvs that i have seen with THX display certification (THP##VT20 and THP##V10 models) most people don't even realise how far off the regular settings on the tv's are.

Beside that the samsung cannot be viewed under regular lighting (florescent or energy saving as they strobe like crazy) for 3D mode which is why samsung supplied a tent for retailers to display their 3D in. Don't get me wrong as I would still buy the Samsung over many other brands er, #cough LG #cough but when set against the Pana there is no comparison.

This would be a great time to dispell some of the Panasonic bad press guys. So hows are the floating blacks and blury SD that gets constantly brought up by Samsung owners?

also the rising blacks on the VT20? it appears cnet.com have confirmed the 2010 models also have this.

;

So true. I did the same thing last year. Purchased the 58v10 and within 4 weeks changed my mind and bought the 65v10. I was lucky there was someone who purchased the 58" from me.

Motto Get the biggest available in the model series that you can afford.

Funny that only 4 years ago members were opting to go 42" because WAF would shun the "massive" :wacko: 50"

+1, I've owned 3 other Plasma and LCD TV's and 4 PJ's, I'm still stoked after 9 months of use with our wall mounted Panny 65" V10.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21843489@N00/4349374175

You were one of the lucky ones as the HN store near me has fixed up the error by claiming catalogue was wrong.

Sorry for taking so long to reply....

Got my 65" from HN in Cannington WA. had it delivered on Wednesday and it is still in the box!

They said it was the last one and bellow cost, bith statements were probably BS but given was just about to pay $5200 for it from a place 500m away I just grabbed it and didn;t even bother haggling!

Edited by dannyd

Sorry for taking so long to reply....

Got my 65" from HN in Cannington WA. had it delivered on Wednesday and it is still in the box!

They said it was the last one and bellow cost, bith statements were probably BS but given was just about to pay $5200 for it from a place 500m away I just grabbed it and didn;t even bother haggling!

Yeah I think you were one of the fortunate ones. The HNs I went to were all holding fast that the catalogue prices were a stuff up and there was no way that they could come even close to those prices. So it appears to be the luck of the draw of who you get and how desperate they are to sell you a TV. <_<