Just Got My 65" Vt20 3d Pana

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And WOW, the picture is beautiful. I purchased 58" v10 as the 65" was sold out, so I've been wanting it ever since.

The picture is a noticable step up from the v10, and surprisingly lighter so it can go straight on the wall.

The picture is brilliant for bluray and gaming, and the 3d is great, I just need my eyes to adjust as I have a 3d 50" there and I struggle to watch a whole movie.

This screen is the best I've ever seen (having owned numerous top model lcds, plasmas and projectors, although never the well respected Kuro) and highly recommend it. I paid $5200 - I'm sure you can get it cheaper but I think it's worth the rrp so I'm happy, so check it out if you get the chance

Anyone know where these are being displayed in Western Sydney.....say around the Campbelltown area ??

cheers

Anyone know where these are being displayed in Western Sydney.....say around the Campbelltown area ??

cheers

Just noticed on panasonics website if you buy one of these you are eligible for a free bluray player and second pair of glasses. Picked mine up from bing lee in store, it's not by redemption

I have a new 65vt20.

I noticed in store the sammys were looking better but i put that down to a store set up. might have been SD stuff, from memory.

the SD was super blurry. I had to turn resolution optimizer or whatever its called to max. looked a lot better.

At 1080i or p the set looks incredible. better than anything I've seen previously. I had an old 50" panna which looked great in not quite full HD which was why I was holding off and to my surprise I was completely blown away by the difference.

I noticed the blurry image too. So is this only with SD?

This is interesting - I've been watching several forums in regards to the VT20 Pana's particulary the 58 and 65 inch variety.

It was rumoured that Panasonic might do something in regards to their prices as of October 1st 2010 ie drop (then, as always, it would become an availability issue).

Well today - Friday 1st October, I saw two interesting things.

Full page Ad in the Herald Sun (Victoria) by Harvey Norman.

Prices on the VT20 range:

50" - $2493

54" - $3799

58" - $4499

65" - $5999

Plus Bonus 3D Blu-ray Player (DNOBDT300) and 2 x sets of 3D Glasses (TYEW3D10) - (which I assume would make 3 pairs of glasses being that the TV comes shipped with a pair).

Then I saw a Harvey Norman catalogue (in the middle of today's Herald Sun)

50" - $2499

54" - $2999

58" - $3499

65" - $4499

Plus Bonus 3D Blu-ray Player (DNOBDT300), 2 x sets of 3D Glasses (TYEW3D10) and two 3D Blu-ray Movies (Coraline and Ice Age 3).

See Harvery Norman web site for terms and conditions - offers valid until 17/10/10, or unless sold out.

That is a massive difference (apart from the 50inch)!!!

I would assume the catalogue is correct - surely they couldn't stuff up all the prices??!!

Edited by B-Force

i have a 65vt20. The specs mention it does 24p playback at 96hz, however when watching a bluray with the panasonic player it came with it dispays it as 1080p 24hz on the screen..

is this adjustable anywhere ?

also, whats preferable with 3d blu ray (48hz or 60hz) ?

Edited by Freaky

This is interesting - I've been watching several forums in regards to the VT20 Pana's particulary the 58 and 65 inch variety.

It was rumoured that Panasonic might do something in regards to their prices as of October 1st 2010 ie drop (then, as always, it would become an availability issue).

Well today - Friday 1st October, I saw two interesting things.

Full page Ad in the Herald Sun (Victoria) by Harvey Norman.

50" - $2493

54" - $3799

58" - $4499

65" - $5999

Plus Bonus 3D Blu-ray Player (DNOBDT300) and 2 x sets of 3D Glasses (TYEW3D10) - (which I assume would make 3 pairs of glasses being that the TV comes shipped with a pair).

Then I saw a Harvey Norman catalogue (in the middle of today's Herald Sun)

50" - $2499

54" - $2999

58" - $3499

65" - $4499

Plus Bonus 3D Blu-ray Player (DNOBDT300), 2 x sets of 3D Glasses (TYEW3D10) and two 3D Blu-ray Movies (Coraline and Ice Age 3).

See Harvery Norman web site for terms and conditions - offers valid until 17/10/10, or unless sold out.

That is a massive difference (apart from the 50inch)!!!

I would assume the catalogue is correct - surely they couldn't stuff up all the prices??!!

Price differences probably due to last broadcasts of 3D material (grand finals) for some time ....... if ever again?

As for the grainny SD stuff would have to be due to the large screen size, can't expect miracles.

I waked into Harvey Norman Nunawading today and there is a big poster next to the 58 inch TV stating the catalogue was wrong. The Herald Sun prices are correct.

Whoops

Heard a rumor on the weekend that this might be the case. Huge stuff up - being that they got all the Panasonic prices wrong! Someone is going to get their butt kicked for that!

Heard a rumor on the weekend that this might be the case. Huge stuff up - being that they got all the Panasonic prices wrong! Someone is going to get their butt kicked for that!

Just got mine for $4499 from HN. (hasn't been delivered just yet!)

The guy said they were below cost but don't they always say that?

You were one of the lucky ones as the HN store near me has fixed up the error by claiming catalogue was wrong.

Rang my local HN today to see if they would honour one and they said no. I can't see how they could stuff up the cattle dog considering the 50 inch is about the price it should be. Some sort of publicity stunt maybe?

Would also of thought it would be cheaper to honour the price rather than issue public apology.

Rang my local HN today to see if they would honour one and they said no. I can't see how they could stuff up the cattle dog considering the 50 inch is about the price it should be. Some sort of publicity stunt maybe?

Would also of thought it would be cheaper to honour the price rather than issue public apology.

The "error" prices were around the ball park to be competitve with Samsung's range. Pana's prices are truly insane.

The other screw up is the x2 3d br movies are for the 50" model only. Not 58 and 65" vt20.

Edited by CC Rider

I just got the 58" for the advertised $3,499 with the two free DVD's and the bonus gear!

The Salesman confirmed the price was under cost and was an error but they are honouring it!

Gave in and bought a 58VT20 on Sunday from JB for $3550. No movies, but the player and extra glasses plus a 1.4 cable (cost $149, worth $20). Must say it is a very good picture and in my view surpasses my LX508 by a small margin.

picked up the 65" from HN Lake Haven today. $4499 plus 500 for the extended wty. Didn't get the bluray and glasses etc.. he said they were via redemption.. Couldn't find anything on the Pana site and HN has a link that doesn't work.

Still fiddling with the settings and working out what does the best scaling, my Denon or the Pana.. Will report back.

picked up the 65" from HN Lake Haven today. $4499 plus 500 for the extended wty. Didn't get the bluray and glasses etc.. he said they were via redemption.. Couldn't find anything on the Pana site and HN has a link that doesn't work.

Still fiddling with the settings and working out what does the best scaling, my Denon or the Pana.. Will report back.

Nice pick up :)

Quick delivery to - same day?

How many years with the EW ($500) - plus 4 years??

It's weird because Myer do EW for $399 for plus 5 years - I wonder if there is any difference in contract/service?

You'll probably find the Denon may do better upscaling on SD than the Pana.

Has anybody actually seen a printed "Apology" in the newspaper re: the HN Cat stuff up!! I haven't as of yet.

Went in to Harvey Norman Preston and asked what the price of the 65vt20 was and he said $4999. I showed him the catalogue that was conveniently sitting in front of him that it can be had for $4490. He checked his computer and said it's impossible. He went to see his manager to confirm on price and said that he will honour it even though they are making nothing on it. They only had one left and but I was there for other items otherwise would have bought it in heartbeat...

If any one in the area is after one go get it before they change their mind!!!! That's if it's not already gone....

i think you got stooged mate, they are supposed to give it to you at the time of sale, i work in a retravision store, there is no redemption for this