Sign in to follow this  
whitey66

Recommendations For 32" 1080p With Usb Divx Playback?

Can somebody please recommend a 32" high quality HDTV that can play Divx movies through the USB port?

It must also have great built in speakers,and change channels quickly.

All help and advice greatly appreciated.

Can somebody please recommend a 32" high quality HDTV that can play Divx movies through the USB port?

It must also have great built in speakers,and change channels quickly.

All help and advice greatly appreciated.

I would suggest any samsung or lg with usb2 atm just incase you decide to upgrade to mkv files in future. I have tested most models with usb files in most formats and at this stage samsung's latest models are slightly ahead of LG because they can play files with dts audio .Lg will play most formats as long as its not dts audio, but high bitrate dolby,d/ac3 np.

Cheers

I would suggest any samsung or lg with usb2 atm just incase you decide to upgrade to mkv files in future. I have tested most models with usb files in most formats and at this stage samsung's latest models are slightly ahead of LG because they can play files with dts audio .Lg will play most formats as long as its not dts audio, but high bitrate dolby,d/ac3 np.

Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply,what are your thoughts on the Samsung UA32C6900 ?

Thanks for the quick reply,what are your thoughts on the Samsung UA32C6900 ?

Very nice choice ,but make sure you have a listen to the speakers,not as tinny as other leds but i dont think any speakers on any 32 tv are what i would say "great"

try to go for one of the back lit models, as most if not all slim line side lit led models most makers have basically dont have enough space for anything resembling decent speakers.

the speakers on our sharp lcd isnt too bad and we do use it for just the kids stuff in the bedroom eg play school, thomas and night garden and the like. but otherwise youd be better off with any simple "sound bar" or even the most rudimentary external amp and speakers.

I picked up the Samsung UA32C6900 today,very impressed so far.

I didn't opt for the extended warranty because in 12 months time these will probably only cost about $600 or less anyway.

It's for inside a blanket box at the end of the bed,so if the standard speakers are not good enough I can just fit a set of Logitech X-530 5.1s or similar.

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers

Can the Samsung play mkv files direct from the USB drive, that is in 1080P and 720P format?

Edited by Iceman

Can the Samsung play mkv files direct from the USB drive, that is in 1080P and 720P format?

Yes

I like the the Sony HX800, can it play MKV files?

Not that im aware of, but will test,,,,, im failry certain all sony,s run on the fat32 format which on some older products mkv was playable, but you are limited

to files under 4gig only,,,,,,,like i said so far the latest samsungs will automatically read your usb device and play any file size with most high bitrate audio.