Problems With Digitalview Pvr / Lx81 / Th-65vx100w

Not sure if this is the correct spot for this topic but as i am not sure if its the PVR, Receiver or display. Home Theatre section seemed to fit the bill

Basically everything works fine except when changing channel from one HD station to another (so all the time)

The DigitalView 810 changes channel normally with the display on the uni showing the new channel correctly (can also change channel while the screen is blank so its not that freezing up)

The Receiver remains on same input. While the screen is blank there is no sound.

The Panasonic display is a commercial one so no tuner in it but basically when you change channel you get the message on the screen saying that there is no imput. You get the same message when you change sorce on the receiver. (ie from blu to tv)

Now all this leads to me thinking that the DigitalView is not breaking its transmission to the receiver when changing channels and loosing the hdmi lock between the devices...Now how do i get around this? its driving me crazy and put of changing channels. The whole process takes about 8secs so its quite a long time to get back to normal viewing.

Another question - When using the Digitalview and you press the pause button (time shifting) is there anyway to get rid of that message saying "HDD Initialising" for 15seconds in the middle of the screen. You miss whats happening.

Cheers

Another question - When using the Digitalview and you press the pause button (time shifting) is there anyway to get rid of that message saying "HDD Initialising" for 15seconds in the middle of the screen. You miss whats happening.

Cheers

To stop the "HD initialising" message go to Disc Setup, then Power Saving and change "HDD time out after" to never. This will keep the HDD spinning continuously.

On your other query ,have you tried connecting the PVR directly to your tv, if the channel changes ok, then the problem would seem to be with your receiver.

To stop the "HD initialising" message go to Disc Setup, then Power Saving and change "HDD time out after" to never. This will keep the HDD spinning continuously.

ahh ok i get you, not sure if i really want to have it spinning the whole time but at least i now know ther is a option for it. For this option when you press standby does it automatically power down or stay on like the tivo? As if its just spinning while in opperation thats fine, just want to be able to turn it off at night.

On your other query ,have you tried connecting the PVR directly to your tv, if the channel changes ok, then the problem would seem to be with your receiver.

No havent given that one a go yet (not sure why i didnt think of that to be truthful) will give that a go when i get home tonight

The same thing happens with my Digitalview PVR. It is routed through my Pioneer amp. I notice the handshake signal on the amp flashes for a few seconds before the picture appears. It also only happens when changing hd channels ie changing the lcn. Ive never worried about it as its not really a problem for me. Ive never tried connecting it direct to the tv. Cheers.

Edited by bones28643

Ok well tried connecting it directly to the tv and it appears that its the displays problem...

The Plasma still looses Hmdi lock when changing to HD channels. (no drama with SD channels)

I also put in a call to Digitalview and they said that during the changing of channels there is no signal change from the PVR end.

Hmmm looks like i will have to put in a call to Panasonic to see if they know anything, maybe check for firmwear as well

I also put in a call to Digitalview and they said that during the changing of channels there is no signal change from the PVR end.

Hmmm looks like i will have to put in a call to Panasonic to see if they know anything, maybe check for firmwear as well

The pana's edid has to be read by the digitalview continuously Johnny ; try a different hdmi cable or if that dont work [because of the many e-edids stored on the pana] a gefen detective will at least improve lock on times :)

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/switchers/7...ctive-plus.html