Denon 100th Anniversary Collection

The special anniversary product line includes:

PMA-A100 Integrated Amplifier (SRP: $2,499)

DCD-A100 CD/SACD Player (SRP: $2,499)

DP-A100 Direct-Drive Turntable (SRP: $2,499)

DL-A100 Cartridge (SRP: $499)

AVR-A100 9.2 Channel A/V Receiver (SRP: $2,499)

DBP-A100 Universal Blu-ray Player (SRP: $2,499)

AH-A100 Over-Ear Headphones (SRP: $499).

http://www.cepro.com/article/new_denon_spe...dealers_1_year/

Certainly some very nice-looking pieces of gear there. Don't know if we'll have a retailer here in WA which will qualify and sell these units.

As is typical for AUS Dan no such luck <_<

is celebrating the occasion with 40 select dealers in the U.S.

As is typical for AUS Dan no such luck <_<

not sure about that cwt, as my post below, I do beleive to be available here,

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Real_Sound/Industry/L7C4U6B6

Looks like according to that article, there 2ch Anniversary products will indeed be available in Australia. My guess given the small part we play in the world market we will only get very limited quantities of anything. Can imagine in items such as the turntable probably be sold even prior to release ! And be some in both the us and Japanese markets trying to buy up what is available :)

not sure about that cwt, as my post below, I do beleive to be available here,

Hope so Al ; depends who you believe ; cepro or S#house ; cepro could be US centric though and dont know the definition of select -_- ..

Denon Electronics is 100 years old and it is celebrating the occasion with 40 select dealers in the U.S.

Stringent conditions it seems at least for the US;

Who Gets to Carry the Line?

To qualify to carry the Special Edition products, the 40 selected dealers had to agree to merchandise and demo all seven of the products in a dedicated area within their showroom or online through either March 2011 or October 2011 (depending on the models), create a separate landing page for the Denon products on their websites using the special 100th anniversary logo and other marketing materials.

Edited by cwt

Does the AVR 100 have the same feature set as the new 4311 ?

THe AVR-A100 appears to be a "fancier/shinier" version of the 4311. Looks the same internally, same dimensions and weight as the 4311. Same? specs...

The internal picture on the A100 info sheet and the photo of the 4311 in the Audioholics review look identical to me - except the A100 has better speaker binding posts.

I was very keen on the AVR-4810 and planning a purchase in the next month or so. The AVR-A100 seems to provide everything the 4810 has plus HDMI 1.4a (3D), Audyssey Multi EQ XT 32 and "preamp" mode but minus one sub output ie 11.2.

I want one :)

The avr-100 is indeed 4311 based, so is exactly the same except for the special feet, a special block condenser (whatever that is), upgraded speaker binding posts, gloss finish, 100yr badge and the other goodies they are throwing in with all the special editions (book, box etc). It also costs more.

The TT seems the pick of the bunch, with the rest just getting very minor changes.

The avr-100 is indeed 4311 based, so is exactly the same except for the special feet, a special block condenser (whatever that is), upgraded speaker binding posts, gloss finish, 100yr badge and the other goodies they are throwing in with all the special editions (book, box etc). It also costs more.

The TT seems the pick of the bunch, with the rest just getting very minor changes.

Understand the avr100 has beefed up pus as well, like some previous special denons the condenser business I think related to mounting of the pus, anti vibration sand casting or something...thie caps used on all the special edition stuff look different as well. But yeah agree the tt will be the one probably most sought after B)