Sign in to follow this  
kawei8

Panasonic Viera Th-p54v20a

Has anyone managed to buy the DY-WL10 Wireless adapter locally?

RRP (inc GST) $149.99 in New Zealand.

i got mine with the panasonic bluray disk player. i didnt even know. i was stoked.

its a scratch. i have rung up both panasonic and harvey norman and told me to take it bak to HN. its just a pain now to take it off wall-put it bak in box and take it bak. but has to be done.

i got mine replaced today. they didnt even check it. just took my word for it and apologise to me for the inconvenience. all sweet and is now on the wall looking rather pretty. awesome.

I got my Blu Ray today. I already have my room pre-wired with speakers so dont need to use the speakers with the unit. But I dont see where I can run the sound from the bluray machine out to my amp. Can I do this?? I see I can use the HDMI ARC to my TV. If I do this, and I have my TV connected to my amp with digital optical, with this work???

Has anyone managed to buy the DY-WL10 Wireless adapter locally?

RRP (inc GST) $149.99 in New Zealand.

=====================

I want one too Kiwi... they should be just under $100...

JBHIFI has them for $99 =)

Hi

I'm surprised at some of the negative comments about Panasonic, although I'm not disputing the comments are genuine and of concern. I just want to say that I purchased the 54V20 last Sunday week from Myer, Doncaster and had it delivered on Thursday. My son helped put the stand together (easy really but a 2 person job), then we lifted the tele onto the cabinet, plugged it in, made some minor (personal) adjustments and it was up and running.

I had a Pioneer 43 plasma prior to it being water damaged early this year. I bought a Pana 37 inch lcd as a temporary replacement pending the new plasmas becoming available. I know it's 4 years or so since I bought the Pioneer but I reckon that technology has made this current Panasonic better than my old Pioneer and the Pioneer was the best plasma going around when I bought it. . I think the picture is excellent, particularly with blu ray. I know things can go pear shaped without warning but to say I am "over the moon" is an understatement. With a great sound system, this will do me for years. Cheers

im really happy with my 2nd p54v20 as well.

Okay, I had the authorised repairer come over today. He warned me before he came that all plasmas emit an operating noise and if he finds there is no fault, I would be charged $200+ for the service call. I told him I would be happy to argue with Panasonic that this is not a normal operating noise.

He came over, turned the TV on, and said straight away that this was certainly an unreasonable noise. I'm far from being technologically minded so bear with me. He said something about plasmas having scan boards in them. One on each side. He said the one on the right hand side, the side where all the connections are, seems to be making the noise. He is ordering in a new board and will come back and replace it. He said that if this doesn't fix it he is happy to say that it cannot be fixed. Spoke to Harvey Norman today and they are happy that, if that is the case, they will replace the TV. Not sure how long the new part will take but will get back to you when it has been replaced.

The guy at Harvey Norman even suggested that if it is going to take some time to get the part, he is happy to replace the TV. Chris at Harvey Norman Nunawading, very impressed with him.

Hi Macy,

Just got my 54v20a replaced by Bing Lee - no questions asked. The new TV has no buzz and works as it should have first time round. Am pretty stoked. If they can't repair it, make sure they replace it.

Another query to anyone out there that may have had any success re: DLNA working? I have no probs using Viera Cast, but do i need to download a seperate program to stream video from my PC or should windows 7 be able to do it?

Cheers

those of you who have scored replacements, did you have to physically return the tv and pick up a new one yourselves?

I don't have the capability to move this thing myself in my coupe, i paid $90 to have it delivered outside metro area :|

=====================

Just got one from my local JB for $88 (part of a deal as I bought another 8-way Belkin power boards as I ran out plugs for the one I am using upstairs).

Works well. Updated TV system software. Tried out the DLNA and pretty pleased with the results from my Media Centre.

Just got one from my local JB for $88 (part of a deal as I bought another 8-way Belkin power boards as I ran out plugs for the one I am using upstairs).

Works well. Updated TV system software. Tried out the DLNA and pretty pleased with the results from my Media Centre.

========================

Great stuff!!!

=====================

This is from a Samsung thread Usb Wireless Dongle Compatibility With Samsung Tv

"I can happily report that I am using the Netcomm NP745n USB Wireless dongle with my PS58C7000 and it runs perfectly. Managed to pick it up from Clayton MSY for $29. Other MSY stores may have it also. Less than 1/2 the price of the generic Samsung dongle..."

Don't know if it will work with Panasonics.

+1

Extremely happy with this TV as a replacement/addition to my Pio Kuro. I actually feel the overall PQ once calibrated is better than the Kuro. Havent noticed any floating blacks yet but definately the blacks on the Kuro when compared on The Dark Knight Blu-Ray (using the same blu-ray player) are a bit better on the Kuro.

Definately one of the best +50" sets out there at the moment IMO

+1

Extremely happy with this TV as a replacement/addition to my Pio Kuro. I actually feel the overall PQ once calibrated is better than the Kuro. Havent noticed any floating blacks yet but definately the blacks on the Kuro when compared on The Dark Knight Blu-Ray (using the same blu-ray player) are a bit better on the Kuro.

Definately one of the best +50" sets out there at the moment IMO

hey guys , does anyone know here if that panasonic has extended there bonus hd avatar gift pack till august 1st. i was reading at whirlpool. i have attached photos.

http://img401.imageshack.us/f/promo1u.jpg/

http://img688.imageshack.us/f/promo2a.jpg/

ps, i have sent panasonic an email.

According to the Panasonic Offer Website - http://www.hdbonus.com.au/AvatarHD/ - the offer is closed.

Very fast turn around on processing the claim. I sent mine off on 13th July and received my redemption package on 22nd July.

Hi

I'm surprised at some of the negative comments about Panasonic, although I'm not disputing the comments are genuine and of concern. I just want to say that I purchased the 54V20 last Sunday week from Myer, Doncaster and had it delivered on Thursday. My son helped put the stand together (easy really but a 2 person job), then we lifted the tele onto the cabinet, plugged it in, made some minor (personal) adjustments and it was up and running.

I had a Pioneer 43 plasma prior to it being water damaged early this year. I bought a Pana 37 inch lcd as a temporary replacement pending the new plasmas becoming available. I know it's 4 years or so since I bought the Pioneer but I reckon that technology has made this current Panasonic better than my old Pioneer and the Pioneer was the best plasma going around when I bought it. . I think the picture is excellent, particularly with blu ray. I know things can go pear shaped without warning but to say I am "over the moon" is an understatement. With a great sound system, this will do me for years. Cheers

I registered for the blu ray home theatre last Friday and picked it up from the Post Office today. Do I have any complaints about panasonic service? None at all. Cheers

Hi Guys,

Up in QLD helping out my brother-in-law tune one of these bad boys in. Had a look on avsforum, but the settings seem to be specific to the US models. has anyone here managed to translate them into something meaningful or have you come across what works for you. Could you please share the settings here

Thanks,

Matt

Damn!

Updated the firmware on my "Free" BT230 HT system and now it hangs at the start with no output and the error message "W OPE" on the display.

Error code not in the manual and nothing via google.

I've contacted Panasonic but probably no response until Monday at the earliest!!

Update - All Fixed.

Just a very long firmware update - 45 minutes!!!

Edited by kiwimeat

Hi I noticed on the panasonic website it says this plasma has a feature called USB Playback & Record x 2 Inputs,I can't see anything else written about it,am I right thinking that this will allow me to record tv shows to a usb memory stick or harddrive,if that is true does anyone know the specs like what format does it record in and does it record HD shows in high quality 720p etc.

Recording off the TV's internal tuner is OK for the occasional recording, but mostly it's a PITA. You have to watch what you are recording, which renders the TV useless for any other use. Seriously, get a twin tuner PVR and never look back.

But if you must use this feature pg40/41 of the manual

USB HDD Recording

You can record the digital TV programmes to the connected USB HDD and enjoy playing back in various ways.

␣ Analogue TV programme cannot be recorded to the USB HDD.

␣ The data broadcasting (MHEG, etc.), radio broadcasting and the periods without any signal will not be recorded.

␣ Not all the programmes can be recorded depending on the broadcaster and service provider.

␣ This TV supports USB HDD with capacity from 160 GB up to 2 TB.

␣ If the remaining capacity of the USB HDD is run out, the recording cannot be done.

␣ Regarding the performance, not all USB HDDs are guaranteed. Check the recommended USB HDDs that have been tested for the performance with this TV at the following website. (English only) http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/tv/

␣ Register the USB HDD with this TV in order to use it for recording. Please note that USB HDD will be formatted and all data (including the data from your PC, etc.) in it will be erased when you register it.

␣ In order to use the USB HDD with your PC after you use it with this TV for recording, format the drive on your PC. To format, refer to the manual of the PC. Please note that all data in the USB HDD will be erased when it is formatted.

␣ The data recorded to the USB HDD with this TV can only be played back on this TV. You cannot playback its contents with another TV (including the TV of the same model number) or any PCs.

␣ If your TV is repaired due to a malfunction, the registered USB HDD may not be available with your repaired TV. Register this USB HDD again to use it with your repaired TV. (All data in it will be erased.)

USB HDD connection

Connect the USB HDD to the USB 1 or 2 port. socket outlet socket outlet

␣ Be sure to connect the USB HDD to the socket outlet.

␣ Do not turn off or disconnect the USB HDD during operation. It may cause malfunction of the drive or damage the recorded data.

␣ To remove the USB HDD safely from the TV p. 41, 45

Setting for USB HDD

Register and setup the USB HDD with this TV in order to use it for recording. Connect the USB HDD before starting this settings.

␣ Before the settings, be sure to turn on the USB HDD.

␣ You cannot change the settings for the USB HDD while recording is in progress.

␣ Please note that USB HDD will be formatted and all data in it will be erased when you register it.

Edited by diesel

Recording off the TV's internal tuner is OK for the occasional recording, but mostly it's a PITA. You have to watch what you are recording, which renders the TV useless for any other use. Seriously, get a twin tuner PVR and never look back.

But if you must use this feature pg40/41 of the manual

ok thanks for that,mainly I just want to be able to record the odd tv show when I go out and am not home to watch that show so probably be perfect for me,one thing that I am surprised about from reading the info you posted is the fact that any recordings are locked to my actual tv,so the video files must be protected and I won't be able to even play them from my pc,is that right? seems like a strange thing for panasonic to do,in the end I spose I can't complain since it's free.

One other thing I was wondering,can you use memory sticks for the recordings,I have one of those corsair survivor 16gb sticks which never gets used,would be perfect for this type of thing.

It looks like maybe only external HDDS. This isn't a bad thing when you consider SD recordings take up ~3GB/Hr and HD is ~6-7GB/Hr, so USB thumb drives fill very very quickly. USB thums drives vary in quality and write speeds also, and this is often a limiting factor.

Damn!

Updated the firmware on my "Free" BT230 HT system and now it hangs at the start with no output and the error message "W OPE" on the display.

Error code not in the manual and nothing via google.

I've contacted Panasonic but probably no response until Monday at the earliest!!

Update - All Fixed.

Just a very long firmware update - 45 minutes!!!

Just upgraded the firmware on the Brother In Laws, unfortunately before the update and after it refuses to play region 4 DVD, BR is fine. Will need to contact Panasonic on Monday. Was hoping the firmware may have fixed the region issue

Just upgraded the firmware on the Brother In Laws, unfortunately before the update and after it refuses to play region 4 DVD, BR is fine. Will need to contact Panasonic on Monday. Was hoping the firmware may have fixed the region issue

Firmware has nothing to do with it.I had the same thing with a BD player and Pana told me i had to send it to a service centre.I wasn't going to have my time wasted like that so i just took it back to DSE for a full refund. B) Any normal company would have a simple 4 digit remote code to region free the player that they could give you over the phone.Panasonic will likely call this not a waste of your time though but simply a "Feature" :D

Looking at getting this or the Sammy 58" best price I have got it is $2450 with 5 year warrenty is this a good price

Is $2450 for the Pana 54" or the Sammy 58"?