Panasonic Viera Th-p54v20a

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest myarken

Anyone find out the Service Menu details for th-P54v20a ? just wanting to find out the panel hours. Have emailed panasonic but, no reply as yet.

Anyone find out the Service Menu details for th-P54v20a ? just wanting to find out the panel hours. Have emailed panasonic but, no reply as yet.

Same as 2009 models: hold volume minus on side panel, press info three times on remote, wait for service menu to come up, press 2, you should see "SRV-TOOL" on the screen, press OK, use arrow keys to highlight bottom right hand box, press and hold mute until it comes up.

Guest myarken
Same as 2009 models: hold volume minus on side panel, press info three times on remote, wait for service menu to come up, press 2, you should see "SRV-TOOL" on the screen, press OK, use arrow keys to highlight bottom right hand box, press and hold mute until it comes up.

I sent an email to Panasonic, asking about it and naturally as I expected. We don't give out this to customers only service people, as it voids warranty. Thanks. I'll try it out.

Guest myarken
No worries :) But, just to be annoying, there is another part of the service menu (memory editor - top right box) where you can change the clock data.

Thanks, just my luck, they've probably reset it back to zero. lol

Hi !

Yesterday I went to JB (VIC) with the printed $1700 receipt. Got the TV without the extended warranty for $1800.

However was told that if I take the 3 years extended warranty I would get it for $1700.

I thisk the price is OK - kind of expected that thay make money of extended warranty as well.

CJ

Guest myarken

Now GG's and Betta have a bonus Home Theatre with these TV's...in their latest catalogue but, I got it for $1700. So, I can still afford a better HT. :)

I thought VGA had limited resolution capabilities which is why computer screens started to go to DVI (HDMI without sound)?

Nar, my $30 POS video card can do 2048x1536 over VGA (RGBHV). I think Panasonic is just being stingy.

Gents

i am having trouble with trying to get the TV to read my portable hard drives it asks me to format the drive and rename it which i did. I put some movies on the hard drive but the TV doesnt detect that there is naything on the hard drive. can someone help as i cant figure it out

You cant "put" movies on the hard drive, its only for recording from the television directly. As in for live TV pause or record now watch later (although the tele has to be switched on and on the channel you want to record so its really not that good for that).

It will not read any other format video files, in fact, it wont even read panasonic format video files recorded on a different panasonic tele, even the identical model. Apparently it codes the recording somehow with the tele's serial number or something like that to avoid any copyright issues as they can not be shared/sold/traded etc.

Edited by Seacomms

Guest myarken
So far can't get anywhere near the prices mentioned here. Had a salesman at HN in brissy try to tell me their "cost price" was $2100 and he could do it for that. Fortunately time is on my side... I'll wait. Pretty impressive panel in my opinion.

Tried anywhere else other than HN ? That Cost price is BS... Print of the overclockers receipt and try again.

Sorry if this has been asked before, a friend of mine who owns this set was wondering if there's a recall button as in switching back to the previous channel you were watching back and forth from say 90 to channel 22 without having to go up and down on the remote. I told them to read the manual too lazy though :)

thanks!

I managed to get the above price in Adelaide from JB without any effort at all - tried Myers, HN and Radio Rentals but none would match it despite their advertising.

TV came with 2 ferrite cores to put on the ethernet flylead that you need to connect up the (not particularly useful) internet connection and for links to media servers. Unfortunately my cat6 flylead won't fit in them. Does anyone know what they are meant to do - are they intended to counter interference? Everything seems to work OK without them installed.

Would some other owners mind telling me please, if you stick the EPG guide up and look at it from your normal viewing distance, does it look like a perfectly static image to you or does it flicker like hell ?

Trying to work out if it's just my set, have tried to ignore it / get used to it but it's not happening, TV / bluray source doesn't matter, any bright-ish scene has a noticeable and distracting flicker to my eyes.