Beyonwiz Dp-lite

It's the same for all Beyonwiz models, not just the Lite. It's not like the designed-in modifiability in many Topfield models (TAPS).

That's a new word prl that I have never seen or used before. I like it ;)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
AVHUB review of the Lite
As for still images, the photo display on the Beyonwiz was of high quality and the slideshow facility quite flexible.

Huh? Must be the only person ever impressed with the Wiz's photo handling. Does the DP-Lite do a better job than earlier Wizzes or did AVHub have access to a beta version of firmware that does a better job with photos?

But there is a problem that means we still can’t fully recommend it to readers of this magazine. While it produces excellent picture quality with HD stations (both 720p and 1080i), it does a poor job with SDTV stations. And the fact is, a great deal of what most people watch on digital TV is still on SDTV, not HDTV.

It does a poor job because it does not deinterlace well.

Well I have a DP-P1 and DP-S1 not a DP-Lite but I can't imagine that SDTV performance is any different, i.e. looks fine to me and I'd recommend it.

Huh? Must be the only person ever impressed with the Wiz's photo handling. Does the DP-Lite do a better job than earlier Wizzes or did AVHub have access to a beta version of firmware that does a better job with photos?

There's been no mention in the beta release notes in the current round of betas of any improvements in the photo handling on any Beyonwiz model.

While I wouldn't try to defend the Beyonwiz handling of photos generally, it does actually work reasonably well for lower-resolution images. Who knows what they tried it on. Maybe a bunch of mobile phone images. It would perform pretty well on them.