Sign in to follow this  
Smacca

Viewer Access Satellite Television - Vast

Goeformoe,

Note the word now.

SMACCA has been going on about this last year which is not now. The 5 transmitters I mentioned went on air in the middle of last year.

The DBCDE has now decided to start the registration system for viewers in WA like they have been using in the Eastern States after an agreement with WA SatCo. The transmissions have been on air for the 5 transmitters last year. The Minginew transmitter is a typical self-help site with a tiny UHF transmitter of only 50 Werp. The only difference is who paid for it. 'The broadcaster who owns it will obviously been given a decryption key when they were not available to the public.

When I was posting, the registration system for WA had not started.

This commencement upsets the 200,000 people in the Bunbury area who are yet to get any digital commercial TV as they will not be registered. To add all programs to VAST now would not be cost effective for the broadcasters and would infuriate Bunbury viewers even more.

Conroy is obviously pressurising GWN and WIN to install more DTV terrestrial transmitters by making all programs available from 30 July 2011.

I agree that VAST stage 1 has now started and that it is not available where the viewer is not in the yellow area of the maps I refered to earlier. Other than Kalgoorlie, Central Agricultural, Karratha and Minginew WA country viewers are yet to get any commercial DTV.

AlanH

Goeformoe,

No one cares what you have to say anymore, Alan. You blew your chance to have an opinion on VAST or anything satellite related. Believe whatever you like, but keep it to yourself and away from this forum. There are people here much more qualified than you who can provide helpful, factual information about VAST to people who are seeking it.

Just a reminder to everyone except Alan;

There are currently 4 digital transmitters in regional WA, sourcing feeds from the Optus D1 satellite. The GWN/WIN/Ten channels on Optus C1 are used only for approved Western VAST direct-to-home satellite viewers, and have never been used for terrestrial transmission. However, they will be used for terrestrial transmission on every site after July this year. But as for now, no site in the state uses feeds from Optus C1 for digital terrestrial retransmission.

I agree that VAST stage 1 has now started and that it is not available where the viewer is not in the yellow area of the maps I refered to earlier. Other than Kalgoorlie, Central Agricultural, Karratha and Minginew WA country viewers are yet to get any commercial DTV.

So did those VAST WA transmissions begin? Today? Yesterday? Last Week? Last month? Last Year? VAST WA didn't pop up today, cards didn't start getting activated today. You can't ignore the fact that distinct services began last year to test the WA VAST service, and that those same transmissions have been officially available for a fortnight now.

You kept claiming these are transmitter feeds, but all of a sudden because of the statement this is now VAST?

Up until recently you've still claimed that something is only VAST when it has all 15 channels, so are you wrong, or is everyone else?

When I was posting, the registration system for WA had not started.

But it had, as evidenced by the fact that some of the people posting had activated VAST cards.

According to Alan, we're all liars. You, me, DrP, mtv, vk6xlr, MLX, tassiedevil, davmel. Everyone here is a liar, according to Alan.

According to Alan, we're all liars. You, me, DrP, mtv, vk6xlr, MLX, tassiedevil, davmel. Everyone here is a liar, according to Alan.

We all know Alan lives in his own delusional world of denial, completely rejecting fact, favouring his fictional imagination.

I think even forum newbies can see he has no credibility in most of his posts..... very sad really.

Oh its worse than that. According to alanh, you are all me! :lol: Anyway, to give someone a reminder about the lesson from the infamous SPIRIT and RED incident:

• embarrassment - the shame you feel when your inadequacy or guilt is made public

Perhaps it would be best for alanh to simply fall silent on this latest fiasco of his to avoid further embarrassment, in much the same way he fell silent in the above mentioned thread.

Oh its worse than that. According to alanh, you are all me! :lol: Anyway, to give someone a reminder about the lesson from the infamous SPIRIT and RED incident:

• embarrassment - the shame you feel when your inadequacy or guilt is made public

Perhaps it would be best for alanh to simply fall silent on this latest fiasco of his to avoid further embarrassment, in much the same way he fell silent in the above mentioned thread.

Fall silent? But that's just a temporary reprieve from the insanity. He should be banned from any forum about satellite television and radio. He's proven that he knows a bit about basic terrestrial broadcasting, but absolutely ziltch about satellite.

Oh, you'd better add to 'The Facts' list that he reckons WA has 5 transmitters. Stuff knows where he got the 5th one from, but he claims there is. We'll probably see a "told you so" style post from him post-Bunbury launch. :P

I just wish this forum could be used as a point of reference for those seeking information about VAST. It's an absolute discrace that Alan is allowed to continue being a member here.

Time for a new topic. People won't get much out of this one.

Fall silent? But that's just a temporary reprieve from the insanity. He should be banned from any forum about satellite television and radio. He's proven that he knows a bit about basic terrestrial broadcasting, but absolutely ziltch about satellite.

Oh, you'd better add to 'The Facts' list that he reckons WA has 5 transmitters. Stuff knows where he got the 5th one from, but he claims there is. We'll probably see a "told you so" style post from him post-Bunbury launch. :P

I just wish this forum could be used as a point of reference for those seeking information about VAST. It's an absolute discrace that Alan is allowed to continue being a member here.

Good one Smacca, now you have scared him off and we loose the " Joke Of The Day" :-)

Well, there you go...the only place to claim a subsidy so far is SA, no other state.

http://bcoms.dbcde.gov.au/satellite-subsidy/SelectTown.do

If you are in an eligible state, but not postcode area...go away

If you are an existing Aurora user....go away, but keep your eye on the mysat page.

As for the statement....

"All regional Australians will now receive the same television services as people in the cities," said the Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy.".......yes, but weare not saying when, and only for the people we select, the others can go To Jail, directly to Jail, do not pass go.

If you do not get the MAXIMUM benefit of the various fed. gov. schemes ................ go away and read the f.......... fine print in future! No free VAST installation for you.

If you have a bit more of cash you even lose your part-pension.

If you do not get the MAXIMUM benefit of the various fed. gov. schemes ................ go away and read the f.......... fine print in future! No free VAST installation for you.

If you have a bit more of cash you even lose your part-pension.

And don't forget, if you can get the subsidy anyway, this little rider prevails..

I acknowledge that I am required to make a co-payment of $220 (GST inclusive) to the installer and undertake to make this payment at the time of installation.

Ah really....there is no financial divide between country and city is there ?....NOT

And don't forget, if you can get the subsidy anyway, this little rider prevails..

I acknowledge that I am required to make a co-payment of $220 (GST inclusive) to the installer and undertake to make this payment at the time of installation.

Ah really....there is no financial divide between country and city is there ?....NOT

This makes it even worse. Sen Conroy should really come clean here. $220 co-payment!!! What a joke! This means the gov. with all its spin is really only offering a subsidy of around $50 per eligible household.

The voters are in the city. A small exception is Tasmania, which is a swinging state and gets $1.20 back for every $1.00 in GST and was also the first state to get the NBN.

This makes it even worse. Sen Conroy should really come clean here. $220 co-payment!!! What a joke! This means the gov. with all its spin is really only offering a subsidy of around $50 per eligible household.

The voters are in the city. A small exception is Tasmania, which is a swinging state and gets $1.20 back for every $1.00 in GST and was also the first state to get the NBN.

I have contacted Sen Conroy's office with the $220 co-payment question and did not get a YES/NO answer but was instead directed to the digitalready website, which is an insult and I informed his office that I now know the $220 is a fact.

You may get a $40 settop box supplied and installed free of charge but not a VAST decoder.