Sign in to follow this  
ThatGirl

Samsung Free 3d Bluray Player And Glasses Offer

Got my payment email from them today (Sat 3.03pm)

Claim lodged 7th june

validated on the 17th june

Postage paid 10th july

Claim lodged 7th june

Postage paid 10th july

Got my verified message last night at 8.30pm payment sent.

Claim lodged 7th june

Postage paid 10th july

The email I received from Samsung stated that I was required to pay within 2 days. This may result in a complication for you oz. You may want to check that out.

Cheers

The email I received from Samsung stated that I was required to pay within 2 days. This may result in a complication for you oz. You may want to check that out.

Cheers

Being a Friday at 6:30pm when I paid, I was worried about that too - but I've been sent a Aust. Post number to track now, so it wasn't a problem in the end.

Well I purchased my UA46C8000 on the 17 June

filled out the on line form 21 June

didn't receive any email so I phoned Samsung and was told my claim number

Mailed in my receipt on about the 23 June

Have received no emails - about anything, ever, nothing at all don't even know if they hav received the receipt.

Can only phone on Monday to find out what is going on

Being a Friday at 6:30pm when I paid, I was worried about that too - but I've been sent a Aust. Post number to track now, so it wasn't a problem in the end.

Howd you get your tracking number so quickly! :( I paid up and nothing yet.. 4 days later.

Howd you get your tracking number so quickly! :( I paid up and nothing yet.. 4 days later.

You'll have to look more closely at my previous posts, it wasn't "last" Friday - just "a" Firday! Took around 3 weeks before I got a tracking number, but it's only been 5 weeks total wait since I started so it's really not all bad from my point of view.

(Edit: I should say, from where I bought my TV, they said other customers told them it would be about 6 weeks total for collection of the gift.)

Edited by Guest

Paid my delivery fee after quote deemed valid and was just told by girl on Samsung hotline I will receive my player etc within 70 days of 2 July. Great Service Samsung NOT.

How are people getting on at redeeming their 'free' Bluray player and additional two pairs of glasses from Samsung?

Still waiting here and given the email response said it would be 'over ten weeks', thought that was a bit rubbish. Is that usually how long these offers take? Can't really complain I guess, 55" 3D TV, four sets of glasses and a 3D Bluray player all for $3700, just thought it would be a bit quicker than over ten weeks.

Patience patience :P

Well, the stuff is free though, so I'm not going to complain too much. And the "minimum" 70 days/10 weeks wait time was stated pretty clearly in the T&C. With that said, a lot of people are getting their stuff a lot earlier than 70 days/10 weeks.

What one should complain about though is the processing procedures, which seems rather random (not first come first served), and some pretty common questions weren't answered in their FAQ (like the whole process with back-ordered TVs).

It seems to me Samsung underestimated the demand for the 3D TVs, especially the plasmas, and haven't been able to adjust quickly enough. Adding a second support phone number weeks after the start of the promo suggest to me that this whole thing wasn't planned very well at the start.

Mine was delivered at 12pm today. Just under/close to 6 weeks total. Very happy so far..

I just received my bonus 3D Blu-ray player today and it is in really bad condition!! There are scratches and deep score marks all over the top of it. Any body else have a similar problem. It's too late for me to call the customer support number today so I'll be on to them first thing in the morning!

I just received my bonus 3D Blu-ray player today and it is in really bad condition!! There are scratches and deep score marks all over the top of it. Any body else have a similar problem.

Did you take the plastic wrap off it?

Well, the stuff is free though, so I'm not going to complain too much. And the "minimum" 70 days/10 weeks wait time was stated pretty clearly in the T&C. With that said, a lot of people are getting their stuff a lot earlier than 70 days/10 weeks.

What one should complain about though is the processing procedures, which seems rather random (not first come first served), and some pretty common questions weren't answered in their FAQ (like the whole process with back-ordered TVs).

It seems to me Samsung underestimated the demand for the 3D TVs, especially the plasmas, and haven't been able to adjust quickly enough. Adding a second support phone number weeks after the start of the promo suggest to me that this whole thing wasn't planned very well at the start.

I don't think 1) underestimating claims 2) failing to at least validate claims within a reasonable timeframe regardless of then having to wait as per their feeble T&C's (especially when actually sending to others in short timeframes) 3) not responding to a number of their so called undertakings of keeping in touch/email responses, are any excuses for abysmal performance to some. Redemptions lose their limited value and fail on customer service 101.

I just received my bonus 3D Blu-ray player today and it is in really bad condition!! There are scratches and deep score marks all over the top of it. Any body else have a similar problem. It's too late for me to call the customer support number today so I'll be on to them first thing in the morning!

mate just take the plastic off the top.

mate just take the plastic off the top.

You obviously didn't read my post. There are deep scores all over the top of the player, looks like someone has attacked it with a screwdriver! By the way, there was no plastic film on the top. Has everyone else had a plastic film on the top of the player?

You obviously didn't read my post. There are deep scores all over the top of the player, looks like someone has attacked it with a screwdriver! By the way, there was no plastic film on the top. Has everyone else had a plastic film on the top of the player?
The film is often very thin, but very ugly looking (looks like scores/scratches with the creases in it it can have) that covers the whole metal surface of a new item, to protect in shipping. Sometimes it can be a bugger to see the edge of it to peel it off, normally done from the back or bottom if the metal cover is a "u" shape over the top of the unit.

You obviously have not removed the plastic film!

Yep. I had the same reaction as you too at first, and the film was so hard to see I was actually scared to peel it off. When I did, it does look really good.

I've upgraded the firmware too now, but has anyone noticed that going into DVD bonus menus doesn't show up the cursor at first? After I select one of the items and it ends, the cursor then works ok. I didn't notice this on the MvA bluray disc.

You obviously have not removed the plastic film!

Ooops, sorry automan. My apologies, really should have had a much closer look before replying to your post. On closer inspection there was plastic film on top of the player, once removed it all looks good.

Ooops, sorry automan. My apologies, really should have had a much closer look before replying to your post. On closer inspection there was plastic film on top of the player, once removed it all looks good.

No worries mate.

This has been my experience with redeeming the 3D Blu-Ray Player & Glasses

Purchased PS58C7000 18/06/2010

Registered For Redemption 18/06/2010

Received Registration Confirmation 18/06/2010

Sent Original Receipt Express Post 21/06/2010

Received Recognition Of Receiving Original Receipt 23/06/2010

Claim Was Validated 25/06/2010

Payment for Postage Paid 25/06/2010

Receipt for Payment 25/06/2010

Dispatch Notification & Tracking Number 15/07/2010

Awaiting Delivery........ Possibly Tomorrow? Most Likely Monday

Edited by Swoon

Purchased a UA46C8000 model. Have had issues with the serial number on my television apparently being incorrect.

Have just spoken to Samsung. A heads up for people with 8 series LED's. Apparently if your serial number started with NEM followed by what should be an I it would not let you register it on their site. I called them up earlier in June to verify this and they advised the I should be a 1. This then allowed me to apply for the redemption. Now having just spoke to them today they advised this was a glitch on all 8 series televisions and they have registered it on their systems as an I as is on the physical set.

Finally getting this sent off to Samsung for correct verification now.

Ronnie

I'll add mine into the mix:

Purchased PS63C7000 - 29th May

Registered For Redemption - 31st May

Received Registration Confirmation - 1st June

Sent Original Receipt Express Post - 3rd June

Received Recognition Of Receiving Original Receipt - 7th June

Claim Was Validated - 18th June

Payment for Postage Paid - 18th June

Receipt for Payment - 18th June

Dispatch Notification & Tracking Number - 2nd July

Delivery of Bonus Pack - 6th July

Delivery of original receipt back - Waiting

Not bad - 5 weeks from registeration to delivery. Could have been worse :)

I'll add mine into the mix:

Purchased PS63C7000 - 29th May

Registered For Redemption - 31st May

Received Registration Confirmation - 1st June

Sent Original Receipt Express Post - 3rd June

Received Recognition Of Receiving Original Receipt - 7th June

Claim Was Validated - 18th June

Payment for Postage Paid - 18th June

Receipt for Payment - 18th June

Dispatch Notification & Tracking Number - 2nd July

Delivery of Bonus Pack - 6th July

Delivery of original receipt back - Waiting

Not bad - 5 weeks from registeration to delivery. Could have been worse :)

DID EVERYONE ELSE, WHO HAVE RECEIVED THEIR REDEMPTION PACK, ALSO HAVE THEIR ORIGINAL RECEIPT FORWARDED SEPARATELY?

I THOUGHT SAMSUNG WOULD HAVE RETURNED IT WITH THE SHIPPED BONUS PACK.