Samsung Free 3d Bluray Player And Glasses Offer

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the deadline to apply for the redemption is 30th June

Today is it. But it wouldn't surprise me if they extended the offer on the BR player to keep in competition with Pana

Just got off the phone to Samsung, as has been posted in this thread, it takes 2-3 weeks to be deemed valid. If you haven't received an email notifying you whether your claim is valid or not after 3 weeks have elapsed, call Samsung and have them escalate it to their "Validation Team". I did ask her what the validation process entailed, she gave me a wishy, washy explanation, something along the lines of they have to manually check the receipt no. with HQ then marry that up to their database of serial numbers, that it wasn't as simple as I was implying, blah, blah, blah.

I also asked for the turn around time for the player to be actually received, was told 2-3 weeks approx. She did mention because I live in metropolitan Melbourne, I should receive it in 3 working days after p&h has been paid. Should being the operative word here.

Last question I put to her was whether I was able to pay to have it couriered directly to myself, in effect bypassing Australia post. Her response was that Samsung have a contract with Aus Post which prohibits any other company or organisation delivering said products.

Bottom line, If you haven't been deemed valid after 3 weeks, get on the blower & ask them to escalate it to their "Validation Team"

BTW, that's 3 calendar weeks.

Cheers

Edited by Overlytaxed

Gee they must of sold alot of tv's samsung. I just tried to email the rewards dept for an update on my bonus because it is near impossible to get through by telephone and this is the automated response I got:

Thank you for your email.

Due to the large volume of emails, please allow 3-5 working days for us to reply to your query.

For urgent queries, please contact the customer service centre on 1800 914 123.

Thank you.

That said, it has been two weeks since they have said they recieved my invoice but they are still verifying and have not asked for payment yey to deliever.

Gee they must of sold alot of tv's samsung. I just tried to email the rewards dept for an update on my bonus because it is near impossible to get through by telephone and this is the automated response I got:

Thank you for your email.

Due to the large volume of emails, please allow 3-5 working days for us to reply to your query.

For urgent queries, please contact the customer service centre on 1800 914 123.

Thank you.

That said, it has been two weeks since they have said they recieved my invoice but they are still verifying and have not asked for payment yey to deliever.

Hi

Only this morning about a hour ago I received an email saying that my blue ray player had been dispatched

The time frame I posted my receipts to Samsung on Saturday 29th of May I received an email on the 4th of June telling me that they had received my receipt on it it was pending.

On the 18th of June I received it had been approved and to pay the freight charge which I did on the same day

Today the 2nd of July I finally received an email to say its on the way

I sent an email back asking for a tracking number and got the same automated email as above?

So I suppose I just have to wait.

I hope its worth the wait

Cheers Craig :D

I decided to have another look at the Sammy 3D LCD TV yesterday at the CitiCross HN store near my workplace (Monsters vs aliens) and within 30secs I was feeling uncomfortable and after 3mins my right eye started to twitch and after taking off the glasses I discovered I had a headache - this is exactly what happened to me the first time tried watching the Sammy 3D TV!

I've gotta ask How the fk does anyone sit through a 2 hour 3D movie with these things???? I sure hope the Panny VT Series plasma's are better (HN sales droid assisting me admitted he had the same issues as me and said most of the guys at the store did too)!

I think I'll stick to the passive polarised Cinema RealD systems as I had no issues watching avatar in 3D at all - shame they aren't affordable for in home projection!

Edited by dJOS

I was 100% set on getting an LCD too, but went for a plasma because the reviews I've read said it was better for 3D. And now I'm really not unhappy with my Sammy, but having spent the last 25 years in front of computer monitors - I don't often get headaches. (Or maybe there's a permie one there and I don't know it!)

I was 100% set on getting an LCD too, but went for a plasma because the reviews I've read said it was better for 3D. And now I'm really not unhappy with my Sammy, but having spent the last 25 years in front of computer monitors - I don't often get headaches. (Or maybe there's a permie one there and I don't know it!)

I've got a Pioneer 50" Plasma and 32" Sony Bravia and no eye-strain type issues with either plus I sit in front of LCD's all day long too, but the 3D stuff on the Sammy LCD was really uncomfortable (eye strain type feeling) - the HN Sales droids did say the Panny VT series 3D plasma's were arriving this weekend so I might pop back in and see if there is much of a difference (I do prefer plasma for TV and Movies, better colour and grayscale gradients + real blacks).

Edited by dJOS

If I was to critique the Sammy, I'd ask them to provide glasses that had LCD shutters which really did block all light... Most 3D content looks great, but sometimes dark scenes with small bright components in 3D do show through, making it hard to properly see what's meant to be seen. (You can sometimes see 3 images, the middle one (which is what you're meant to see) is bright, the other two are like darkish "ghost" images.)

Then again, some content I've seen doesn't do this ay all - because the limitations have been taking into consideration by who has made the film. But I still would pay more for glasses that were better.

I am pissed off with this bonus promotion.

A mate of mine got his tv one week after me and he has already paid for his and it is on its way!

I contact them today and they say that mine is still being assessed if its a valid claim. WHAT THE HELL?

We both bought at the same shop and I send my stuff in a week earlier !!!

What a JOKE

I am pissed off with this bonus promotion.

A mate of mine got his tv one week after me and he has already paid for his and it is on its way!

I contact them today and they say that mine is still being assessed if its a valid claim. WHAT THE HELL?

We both bought at the same shop and I send my stuff in a week earlier !!!

What a JOKE

I'm on the cusp of the supposed up to 3 weeks validation process. Rest assured, once the 3 weeks have elapsed, I'll be raising hell. I fear for the person on the other end of the phone. :angry:

I'm on the cusp of the supposed up to 3 weeks validation process. Rest assured, once the 3 weeks have elapsed, I'll be raising hell. I fear for the person on the other end of the phone. :angry:

If you are even lucky enough to get through on the phone, the staff dont even give a brass razoo.

They just keep throwing out the same line: It's in the validation process, call back in a week if you have not heard from us.

so are a lot of us waiting on the payment detailes email, last email i had was on the 17th june

We have received your original purchase receipt as part of your claim in the Samsung Score a Gift Promotion. Subject to Samsung approval, if you are deemed a valid claim, you will then need to pay for the postage and handling in full.

If you are deemed valid, your Bonus and your original purchase receipt will be despatched via Australia Post to your registered delivery address after at least 10 weeks.

glad other people have the 17th june email was getting paranoid that i had missed or deleted the payment email. overlytaxed I'm in adelaide

Edited by Ozivillan

i received the receipt received email on the 15th June - still nothing

rang late last week and the guy said he would get mine prioitised because they lost my receipt initially

rang yesterday and got the same guy - this time he tells me that there is an issue with my serial number

apparently there are two parts to the validation process

first part is that they need to verify the recipt is legit

second part is that they need to send the serial number to the samsung headquarters and have them verify it is legit

might end up just buying one of these players - anybody knows how much they retail for?