Samsung Free 3d Bluray Player And Glasses Offer

not sure if this is a good deal or not but just posting for others to compare:

UA46C8000 plus 4 extra yrs warranty (total 5) plus starter pack $3581

Pana DMRBW880 Blu RayRec /Twin HDTuner/500GB plus 4 yr extra Warranty (total5yr) $1098

2 x Moster 4 outlet F-Pin Av400 Surge board 2x$100 = $200

2 x HDMI Monster MC700HD-1 meter 2x199= $398

Total $5277.00

Delivered:the TV (and Starter Pack), 1 surge board, and 2 HDMI Cables.

Still waiting on: Pana 880 and 1 surge Board

Sending receipt off today for 3D Blu Ray

I dont actually need the HDMI cables I have decided, so I am going to sell them, unopened....anyone need new Monster HDMI cables 10.2mb

Hi Geoff just curious where you got the UA46C8000 from? I purchased mine about 2 weeks ago for $3700 though +4 years warranty was an extra $179. Guess they were always going to drop in value so soon!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased it all from Harvey Norman - something Iwould not normally do but I have not seen the 8000 series anywhere else. I looked in Good Guys, JB and Myer and was in HN to purchase the C7000 and saw the C8000 sitting, just pulled from the box not even connected to the stand, on the floor. It retails at 3799 I think, and only that price was released on the Samsung web site on 18 June. I must say HN are notorius for 'fiddling' there receipts as they can reduce some items, cannot others, commission here/there. My original quote for the TV was $3580 with no extra warranty, and reduced price cables and surge board, but when you look at the receipt, the tv is 3581 with warranty and full price cables and surge board. Both ways it adds up to the same final figure. The sales guy was willing to take another $100 off the TV OR throw in the Surge boards, I chose the surge boards.

I thought I was one of the first to have one (as I could not see them anywhere) , I guess you having yours for 2 weeks now means that is not the case.

not sure if this is a good deal or not but just posting for others to compare:

UA46C8000 plus 4 extra yrs warranty (total 5) plus starter pack $3581

Pana DMRBW880 Blu RayRec /Twin HDTuner/500GB plus 4 yr extra Warranty (total5yr) $1098

2 x Moster 4 outlet F-Pin Av400 Surge board 2x$100 = $200

2 x HDMI Monster MC700HD-1 meter 2x199= $398

Total $5277.00

Delivered:the TV (and Starter Pack), 1 surge board, and 2 HDMI Cables.

Still waiting on: Pana 880 and 1 surge Board

Sending receipt off today for 3D Blu Ray

I dont actually need the HDMI cables I have decided, so I am going to sell them, unopened....anyone need new Monster HDMI cables 10.2mb

2 x HDMI Monster MC700HD-1 meter 2x199= $398 ?????????????????????????? really!!!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

don't spend so much on HDMI cables !!! i just got 2 new 1.4 HDMI 2 meters top quality for $58 including delevery Monster HDMI cables are rip off. i would say the same for the 4 outlect surge board Maybe you should be doing some searching on Monster HDMI cables and see what everyone says.

That is what I was on about in the previous post, the receipt says the total prices of the items (being the prices I listed) but, I got the two power boards effectivly for $100, as the other option was to bring the TV price down by $100. And the Cables at 1/2 price. Therefore $100 each. Which was still a 'caught up in the moment' buy as I already had on order HDMI 15.8MB cables for my in wall cabling and appliance to appliance cabling. I thought that I could give them to a family member but as it turns out, he already has cables, so I am stuck with them.

Those power boards and HDMI cables are money for jam for a retailer. If they don't throw them in for a few dollars, then they aren't worth getting. You can buy UPS cheaper than those so-called "surge" boards! Unfort most people fall for the spin that retailers give to say just how magic those things are and how they can fix everything in your home theatre system.

Just got an email from Samsung that my Samsung gift of 3d Bluray Player has been despatched today and should arrive in the next few days.

I see pheggie is about to receive the 3D BR player but lodged the claim in early May. Has anyone else received a dispatch notice yet??

for those interested my claim has gone like this so far

Sat 12/6 - filled out rego form

Wed 16/6 - added serial # and got a Claim #email

Thurs 17/6 - sent my receipt (registered mail)

Tue 22/6 - confirmation of recieving receipt awiting validation

That where I'm upto so far and the wait continues :angry:

I got my TV around the beginning of May and sent my receipt straight away. So don't expect fast action from Samsung.

Australia Post delivered my 3d Bluray Player and 2 pairs of rechargable glasses yesterday.

Watched Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 3d from Amazon UK which is Region Free

Looked Awesome.

Australia Post delivered my 3d Bluray Player and 2 pairs of rechargable glasses yesterday.

Watched Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 3d from Amazon UK which is Region Free

Looked Awesome.

So what was the date when they emailed you back and asked for you to pay the postage and handling?

Just got this email today because I sent them an email yesterday asking when they will want the payment for postage and this was their reply:

"On average it takes approximately 2 weeks to receive approval. However, due to the large volume of applications we have received over the last few weeks, this is taking slightly longer. Your claim is still in progress.

Regards,

Samsung Rewards"

Well on monday next week it will have been approx 2 weeks since they notified me of recieving my receipt.

Hurry up will you!!

quick one... the Glasses you recieve as part of this promo are the rechargeable ones?

also with a 1.4 spec HDMI cable you can daisy chain the BD player to the TV and share the internet connection the BD player gets with the TV?

quick one... the Glasses you recieve as part of this promo are the rechargeable ones?

also with a 1.4 spec HDMI cable you can daisy chain the BD player to the TV and share the internet connection the BD player gets with the TV?

The promo glasses are rechargeable ones.

The Samsung TV's HDMI 1.4 implementation doesn't support the Ethernet channel.

The promo glasses are rechargeable ones.

The Samsung TV's HDMI 1.4 implementation doesn't support the Ethernet channel.

so their player isnt properly to spec??

so ill need to hook up the TV AND the BD player to Ethernet?

if the BD player doesn't have proper 1.4 spec why does it have the internet TV stuff on board? does it just fling the content via HDMI?

is there any benefit in using one over the other?

i.e. DLNA is already on board the TV, so just use Ethernet to the TV then use the DLNA/UPnP in built to sling my content?

Edited by JonoH

Both the TV and player has Ethernet ports. From what I've read, you just can't get Ethernet going over the HDMI connection, that's all. This is for the TV BTW, I don't have information on whether Ethernet over HDMI is supported on the player or not. From what I can gather, Ethernet over HDMI is an optional feature of 1.4, it's not mandatory. It's up to the manufacturer to offer support for it (or not).

Got the glasses and Bluray player yesterday.

Can't believe it only comes with a composite AV cable!

According to the manual you need an HDMI cable to watch 3D.

So have to go out and get an HDMI cable.

I was impressed that the player comes with Wi-fi built-in.

The Internet TV is quite interesting. It has a few applications which you can download to the player.

The you tube viewer was impressive. The picture quality was surprisingly good even with the composite cable.

What sort of time-line was it from purchase to receiving the bonus?

Purchased 21 May in time for SOO1.

Snail-mailed paperwork 24 May plus scanned copy via email.

Received bonus June 25 in time for SOO3 and business end of World Cup.

Better than expected given Samsung had set the expectation of 10+ weeks and our previous redemption of a Samsung monitor took 3 months.

The rechargeable glasses look different - touch of red with all round frame and both come with a USB cable to charge via PC, bluray player or TV.

Even worked straight out of the box without charging. Silly amount of packaging around the glasses.

Purchased 21 May in time for SOO1.

Snail-mailed paperwork 24 May plus scanned copy via email.

Received bonus June 25 in time for SOO3 and business end of World Cup.

Better than expected given Samsung had set the expectation of 10+ weeks and our previous redemption of a Samsung monitor took 3 months.

The rechargeable glasses look different - touch of red with all round frame and both come with a USB cable to charge via PC, bluray player or TV.

Even worked straight out of the box without charging. Silly amount of packaging around the glasses.

So you got it on 25th June, but what date was it when you went online to pay them for postage?

I am just trying to work out how long after they confirmed they recieved the paperwork to when they process the payment.

Thanks

So you got it on 25th June, but what date was it when you went online to pay them for postage?

I am just trying to work out how long after they confirmed they recieved the paperwork to when they process the payment.

Thanks

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I'd like to know the approx. time between Samsung acknowledging having received your mailed in receipt and then being deemed valid. I received an email from Samsung on the 17/06/10 stating that they were in possession of my receipt. In all honesty, how long could it possible take to verify a valid purchase. I'm positive that the retailer would allocate the serial no. of the tv to the customer. Consequently there would be a database which Samsung could access in order to verify promos, warranties, etc, etc. Job done.

Jesus f*&$#%g christ! Heads will roll.

Thanks Maiku.

Thats the frustrating thing. I called them today and they told me that they are still verifing if my claim is valid and that it takes 2-3 weeks. What the hell man, they have already had it 1 week, how hard is it to verify, its a damn receipt original at that from a major retailer, move your butts man!

So looks like I have to wait another 2 weeks before they then get you to pay and then I am told it will take up 2 week after that to send out.

Thats the frustrating thing. I called them today and they told me that they are still verifing if my claim is valid and that it takes 2-3 weeks. What the hell man, they have already had it 1 week, how hard is it to verify, its a damn receipt original at that from a major retailer, move your butts man!

So looks like I have to wait another 2 weeks before they then get you to pay and then I am told it will take up 2 week after that to send out.

Did they specify "Business Days" or the usual 3 weeks = 21 days?

Thanks Auto

Keep us posted guys on any progress, I had express posted my receipt, received an email 2 days later that is has been received, but is now stuck on the validation process, it has now been exactly 1 week since that email.