Samsung Free 3d Bluray Player And Glasses Offer

Hi everyone

Just letting you know that I received My 3d Blu Ray player yesterday 6th July 2010

from post my receipts on the 29th of May to yesterday it has taken 5 weeks and four days

Cheers Craig

How is it Craig? How's the DVD upscaling?

i received the receipt received email on the 15th June - still nothing

rang late last week and the guy said he would get mine prioitised because they lost my receipt initially

rang yesterday and got the same guy - this time he tells me that there is an issue with my serial number

apparently there are two parts to the validation process

first part is that they need to verify the recipt is legit

second part is that they need to send the serial number to the samsung headquarters and have them verify it is legit

might end up just buying one of these players - anybody knows how much they retail for?

I've been quoted $500.00

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone.

Apparently there have been issues in some cases where Samsung could not verify the serial numbers. I am supposedly one of these cases.

Now that i have confimred my serial number they will send it back to Samsung to confirm. This will add another week to my claim process.

I blew up when i heard this.

Nothing they can do apparently. The person on the phone has promised to calll me as soon as she has heard back from Samsung regarding my claim.

OK just got off phone with rep, finally got through, still waiting for validation, surprisingly she was very helpful and friendly and she even gave me her personal email in order to chase it up next week if I have yet to receive any notification. She also stated average validation time is 1-3 weeks as serial needs validating by Samsung HQ

How is it Craig? How's the DVD upscaling?

Hi Overtaxed

Every thing looks great on the TV

I did have one issue that I have posted on the 1.4 hdmi title

the blu ray player didn't play 3D on my TV running through my Denon 2310 AV receiver only 2D when I put the HDMI cable straight to the TV it worked great 3D.

I have a Denon 2311 on order and the 2310 I have now is on Loan the 2311 is set up for 3D

1.3 hdmi machines should carry the signal so be carefull when buying AV receivers for your 3D

but the finished product great

By the way I took the blu ray player straight out of the box set up the internet and it had a 50mb software upgrade

brand new and still had to be upgraded.

Cheers Craig

Just got the "Validated & Pay Postage" email.

10th June - Lodged claim

18th June - Purchase receipt received by Samsung

8th July - Validated / Please Pay Postage

Andys.

got mine this morning too.. paid...

im in brissie. lets see how long this takes!

Likewise.

Paid in full on 02/06, delivery (58" plasma) on 11/06, sent receipt on 12/06, "receipt received" email on 18/06, "gift promotion approved" email came last night at 12:14AM :huh: . Three weeks to the day.

Paid the $35 shipping fee and registered the payment with Samsung (who acknowleged with a "congratulations").

Now waiting for the "dispatched" email.

Have the two available Blu-ray 3D discs (MvA and CWACOM) and thinking about buying Grand Canyon Adventure from Amazon.de (see what a lack of titles does to me!).

I'd rather watch a movie than a landscape show, but that's just me :rolleyes: .

Guest Voltes5

I got mine approved today at 12:15AM. I lodged it on the 21/6, it was received on the 25/6 and got the approval early this morning.

I am pissed off with this bonus promotion.

A mate of mine got his tv one week after me and he has already paid for his and it is on its way!

I contact them today and they say that mine is still being assessed if its a valid claim. WHAT THE HELL?

We both bought at the same shop and I send my stuff in a week earlier !!!

What a JOKE

If u think that is a joke, check this out;

I purchased 2 x 3DTV's on the same receipt. Registered the 2 seriel numbers and got 2 claim numbers. One was deemed valid and postage paid over 10 days ago. Still nothing for the second TV. Called Samsung and they still verifying second claim!! Its on the same f**king receipt!! Is it just me or would it make sense to process both claims together?? Now they can milk me for 2 separate postage payments and i'll have to wait for 2 seperate deliveries. Great work Samsung!

Hi all,

paid postage on the 18th of June like alot of others in here. Got an email last Wednesday 30/06/10 telling me promotion was dispatched and the player and extra glasses arrived the next day Thursday the 01/07/10. It is really crazy and ass about. There is no reason to how the promotion packages are being dispatched.

I also paid on June 18th but as yet, no email saying it's been dispatched.. Here's hoping it'll come soon!

I got my "dispatched" email from Samsung this afternoon, hope it comes tomorrow!

I'm thinking this "impression of batch processing claims" may have something to do with delivery of stock.

If u think that is a joke, check this out;

I purchased 2 x 3DTV's on the same receipt. Registered the 2 seriel numbers and got 2 claim numbers. One was deemed valid and postage paid over 10 days ago. Still nothing for the second TV. Called Samsung and they still verifying second claim!! Its on the same f**king receipt!! Is it just me or would it make sense to process both claims together?? Now they can milk me for 2 separate postage payments and i'll have to wait for 2 seperate deliveries. Great work Samsung!

I shouldn't laugh, I'm in the same boat sort of, but that is hilarious. :D

They are hopeless(Samsung), they are literally, without hope. The above example typifies the state of proceedings at Samsung(promo dept anyway), ie, lack of cohesion, clarity and fundamental management principals. It's disconcerting. This is what they do after all. This is my first foray into Samsung products, and could possibly be my last. Samsung's collection of data, validation process and dispatching of goods, presents itself as amateurish at best.

They are hopeless(Samsung), they are literally, without hope.

Well at least the bonus does arrive eventually unlike Sony's 3D promotion which they reneged on.

Just a pity that the extra glasses will arrive for many people after the SOO, World Cup and 3D broadcast trial are over.

We couldn't really sit down and watch a 3D show with family and friends without more glasses.

Well, what do you know. I received email confirmation approx. half an hour ago that my claim has been deemed valid. This Samsung mob aren't to bad after all. :D

All is good now. Mad scramble to submit payment prior to 24.00, if that matters at all, I ensured that it did anyway.

BIG CHEERS TO ALL

Just got the "Validated & Pay Postage" email. Still Nothing!!

10th June - Lodged claim. 9th June I lodged

18th June - Purchase receipt received by Samsung. 17th the receipt was received by Samsung

8th July - Validated / Please Pay Postage. Still waiting for Validation and to pay postage.

Andys.

See my story in red!

See my story in red!

Yeah, I was furious prior to the "deemed valid" part. I was on the phone with them today, yesterday really being 12.45am now. One can only speculate as to Samsung's procedures. Whether it was myself demanding answers from the validation team or whether it happened simply because it was in the "batch" to be processed before knock off, I'll never know. One thing I would advise all to do is to make your concerns and frustrations known to Samsung. There needs to be some consistency here. People being deemed valid after 3 or 4 days whilst others wait for 3 or 4 weeks is not acceptable, all things being equal.

I'm quite prepared to wait the 7 weeks now for the 3D player to be received as I'm aware of this due to the terms and conditions

I'm sure you'll receive your much anticipated validation soon automan, hang in there mate.

Yeah, I was furious prior to the "deemed valid" part. I was on the phone with them today, yesterday really being 12.45am now. One can only speculate as to Samsung's procedures. Whether it was myself demanding answers from the validation team or whether it happened simply because it was in the "batch" to be processed before knock off, I'll never know. One thing I would advise all to do is to make your concerns and frustrations known to Samsung. There needs to be some consistency here. People being deemed valid after 3 or 4 days whilst others wait for 3 or 4 weeks is not acceptable, all things being equal.

I'm quite prepared to wait the 7 weeks now for the 3D player to be received as I'm aware of this due to the terms and conditions

I'm sure you'll receive your much anticipated validation soon automan, hang in there mate.

I am well over 5 weeks from acknowldegment of them receiving receipt without getting to the next step. Samsung obviously do not recognise the time order they process these.

I too did not mind the 7 weeks bit but assumed there was some equity or at least some form of progress response especially with some getting these so quickly. Ignore the so called commitments of "Throughout the claim, validation & despatch process you will receive regular updates so be sure to check this email address regularly.

" and "Due to the large volume of emails, please allow 3-5 working days for us to reply to your query."

Ha!

May aswell add my story to the mix,

June 9th - Registered and posted reciept.

June 15th - Reciept recieved by Samsung.

July 6th - Whats doing? email sent to Samsung.

July 9th - Email reply from Samsung , advising that still in validation process and please be patient due to large volume of claims it may take some time.

Today 0630hrs - Claim deemed valid and payment made for postage.

To those that have been waiting a while for the validation process, i would recommend either giving them a call or sending an email. A work colleague has been waiting since June 1st to have his reciept validated,when i told him i paid for postage this morning he flipped out!

Its pretty obvious that it is not a first come first served basis.