Samsung Free 3d Bluray Player And Glasses Offer

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats an awesome price for the 55". Shame im not that blown away by Sammy's 3d implementation. Way to much ghosting for my liking.

Yes I was going to buy online for that price but now I'll pop round the corner to the Good Guys.

in DJs I have seen the 55" converting Avatar to 3D and I thought it looked OK - not a lot of depth but no ghosting. Behind it was a 46" playing Monsters & Aliens on a 3D blu ray. This looked fantastic and again, no ghosting. I dropped by at JB HiFI and they were playing M&A on a standard blu ray player (don't ask me why :huh: ) and there was definite ghosting on a 46". So hazzard, did you see the Samsung with a 3D player or am i just oblivious to poor IQ? (No offense meant, just curious).

Yes I was going to buy online for that price but now I'll pop round the corner to the Good Guys.

in DJs I have seen the 55" converting Avatar to 3D and I thought it looked OK - not a lot of depth but no ghosting. Behind it was a 46" playing Monsters & Aliens on a 3D blu ray. This looked fantastic and again, no ghosting. I dropped by at JB HiFI and they were playing M&A on a standard blu ray player (don't ask me why :huh: ) and there was definite ghosting on a 46". So hazzard, did you see the Samsung with a 3D player or am i just oblivious to poor IQ? (No offense meant, just curious).

They could also have been playing the normal Blu-ray of Monsters v Aliens using the 2D->3D conversion on a 3D TV whcih wouldn't have looked as good

Guest Cheekywun

Got the 55" Samsung last week from JB HiFi for only $4800 which included 3yr warranty, 1.8m 3D HDMI cable, 2 x Belkin 4 outlet surge protectors (each with $75000 insurance coverage) + the free 2 x pairs of 3D glasses + 3D Blu Ray disc (in seperate package delivered with the tv) + also have sent away for the free 3D Blu ray player and extra 2 sets of glasses. Pretty good deal I thought.

Now just need to start sussing out what surround sound system to get for it?

Got an email to say my Samsung gift had been approved today but they only give two days to pay for your shipment from that email.

So check your email regularly

I just came on specifically to let people know this was the case as it sounded like if you don't pay the postage within that time they will probably cancel the promotion on you, which sucks. Nice one Pheggie for getting there before me.

• 2 weeks later...
The samsung promotion hotline has been engaged non stop all day yesterday and today so far.

What is going on?

Engaged constantly for 3 days so far. I emailed them a couple of days ago though still no response.

That aside if people are curious on prices for LED UA46C8000 got mine with additional 4 years warranty for 3700 @binglee who were so much more helpful than HN. They even threw in some soccer ball which was apparently part of some other promotion.

Engaged constantly for 3 days so far. I emailed them a couple of days ago though still no response.

That aside if people are curious on prices for LED UA46C8000 got mine with additional 4 years warranty for 3700 @binglee who were so much more helpful than HN. They even threw in some soccer ball which was apparently part of some other promotion.

got quoted $4987 from HN Nunawading for the 55c8000, extra 4 years warranty and wireless dongle

It has been over a week since I sent the original receipt. Does anyone know if samsung respond to say they have received it?

I sent my receipt into Samsung via Express Post two days ago and received this message today from them today.

"We have received your original purchase receipt as part of your claim in the Samsung Score a Gift Promotion. Subject to Samsung approval, if you are deemed a valid claim, you will then need to pay for the postage and handling in full.

If you are deemed valid, your Bonus and your original purchase receipt will be despatched via Australia Post to your registered delivery address after at least 10 weeks."

I interpret this as an indefinite arrival of my BR player and two extra glasses. Essentially what they're saying is: gift within 10 weeks of being verified=no way, gift delivered sometime after 10 weeks of verification = indefinite.

I've sent Samsung an email requesting the possibility of myself paying an extra fee on top of P&H in order to have the goods dispatched via courier. If I receive a response I will post it.

Cheers

I sent my receipt into Samsung via Express Post two days ago and received this message today from them today.

"We have received your original purchase receipt as part of your claim in the Samsung Score a Gift Promotion. Subject to Samsung approval, if you are deemed a valid claim, you will then need to pay for the postage and handling in full.

If you are deemed valid, your Bonus and your original purchase receipt will be despatched via Australia Post to your registered delivery address after at least 10 weeks."

I interpret this as an indefinite arrival of my BR player and two extra glasses. Essentially what they're saying is: gift within 10 weeks of being verified=no way, gift delivered sometime after 10 weeks of verification = indefinite.

I've sent Samsung an email requesting the possibility of myself paying an extra fee on top of P&H in order to have the goods dispatched via courier. If I receive a response I will post it.

Cheers

I got that same email today also.

How confusing do they have to make it by writing that. :rolleyes:

Seems way to long to wait ten weeks maybe until they deem it valid and then give you the option to pay the P & H.

The last time they had a bonus promotion I heard of people getting theirs within 2-3 weeks.

Anyway, let me know when they get back to you.

Sammy verified they got my receipt 2 weeks ago and need to verify my application. This may take a couple of weeks and then about ten weeks for player to arrive!!! Screw that - waited 5 weeks for TV and then another 14 weeks for player - a total of 19 weeks WTF!!!!

So went to sony central today and got the new sony bdp s470 3d bluray player for $230 - stick that and smoke it samsung. Also there will be a few 3d bluray releases over the next month and I will be able to watch them as intended :)

Today I posted off my receipt showing full payment. It was an original duplicate of the receipt.

I am interested to see how they handle this.

Cheers

Hey Starby

"Original duplicate" is that like "genuine vinyl" ie, fake leather? Just having fun mate!

Oh well, looks like there's a few of us (im)patiently waiting. Once you take into account the time it takes to become a valid claim, a minimum 12 weeks dispatch time is ludicrous. All retailers have them in stock now. I was thinking of doing what Berardo done, but I also have a PS3. Apparently Sony will release a software update enabling the PS3 to display movies in 3D. They have done it for the gaming side of it. Beggars belief why they haven't for the movie side of it.

HAGW

Edited by Overlytaxed

Hey Starby

"Original duplicate" is that like "genuine vinyl" ie, fake leather? Just having fun mate!

Oh well, looks like there's a few of us (im)patiently waiting. Once you take into account the time it takes to become a valid claim, a minimum 12 weeks dispatch time is ludicrous. All retailers have them in stock now. I was thinking of doing what Berardo done, but I also have a PS3. Apparently Sony will release a software update enabling the PS3 to display movies in 3D. They have done it for the gaming side of it. Beggars belief why they haven't for the movie side of it.

HAGW

Apparently the ps3 3d movie upgrade is due sep/oct. The Sony player rocks - the 3 d MBA is sharp and comes out the screen - not like 2d to 3 d which just adds depth. Also the bra via network video service is awesome - reruns of tv shows and many other channels - literally thousands of shows not just you tube. Samsung should learn something from this rather than their crappy few widgets. I highly recommend this player if u can't wait.

Thanks.

I have not got the TV yet. Ive only put down a deposit. When the TV comes ill make sure I get it

btw, the starter pak is a small box on its own. is it inside the tv box or handed seperately?

?

We purchased ours from JB Hi Fi, in mid May, we sent off the receipt the next day and on the 25th of may we received the following:

"You claim for the 'Bonus' has now been deemed valid by Samsung. You will now be required to pay for your postage & handling in full with a valid MasterCard or Visa credit card before your 'Bonus' can be dispatched along with your original purchase receipt.

Please click http://www.samsung-customer-rewards.com.au...ister.ashx?ref= which will take to a secure site where your payment will be processed. Please ensure you complete this payment within 2 days of receipt of this email so we can process your 'Bonus'.

You will then be notified via email when your 'Bonus' along with your original purchase receipt has been dispatched to your registered delivery address.

If you have any questions regarding your claim, please contact us on '1800 914 123' or 'reward@samsungpromotion.com.au'. Regards, Samsung "

I paid immediately and got an acknowledgement from Cheil Singapore Pte Ltd [promotion3d.au@samsung.com].

I thought this would mean that it was on its way, but nothing yet. I tried emailing them on 4/6/20101, but didn't get a reply. I've also tried calling but only got an engaged signal.

I'm disappointed and had I realised this would take so long I would have bought something else.

Hi all, like a few others have already mentioned I rec'd conformation of the bonus and sent away my postage payment on the 18th June 2010. I just called the promotion contact line today to confirm all was good and the guy advised me the first shipment would be arriving in Australia next week. I asked him when my promo goods would be delivered and he said he couldn't tell what shipment they were coming in but they are starting to come through now. Fingers crossed that it will not take the 10 weeks that was originally quoted.

not sure if this is a good deal or not but just posting for others to compare:

UA46C8000 plus 4 extra yrs warranty (total 5) plus starter pack $3581

Pana DMRBW880 Blu RayRec /Twin HDTuner/500GB plus 4 yr extra Warranty (total5yr) $1098

2 x Moster 4 outlet F-Pin Av400 Surge board 2x$100 = $200

2 x HDMI Monster MC700HD-1 meter 2x199= $398

Total $5277.00

Delivered:the TV (and Starter Pack), 1 surge board, and 2 HDMI Cables.

Still waiting on: Pana 880 and 1 surge Board

Sending receipt off today for 3D Blu Ray

I dont actually need the HDMI cables I have decided, so I am going to sell them, unopened....anyone need new Monster HDMI cables 10.2mb

We purchased ours from JB Hi Fi, in mid May, we sent off the receipt the next day and on the 25th of may we received the following:

"You claim for the 'Bonus' has now been deemed valid by Samsung. You will now be required to pay for your postage & handling in full with a valid MasterCard or Visa credit card before your 'Bonus' can be dispatched along with your original purchase receipt.

Please click http://www.samsung-customer-rewards.com.au...ister.ashx?ref= which will take to a secure site where your payment will be processed. Please ensure you complete this payment within 2 days of receipt of this email so we can process your 'Bonus'.

You will then be notified via email when your 'Bonus' along with your original purchase receipt has been dispatched to your registered delivery address.

If you have any questions regarding your claim, please contact us on '1800 914 123' or 'reward@samsungpromotion.com.au'. Regards, Samsung "

I paid immediately and got an acknowledgement from Cheil Singapore Pte Ltd [promotion3d.au@samsung.com].

I thought this would mean that it was on its way, but nothing yet. I tried emailing them on 4/6/20101, but didn't get a reply. I've also tried calling but only got an engaged signal.

I'm disappointed and had I realised this would take so long I would have bought something else.

Looks like I'll have to eat my words, the blu-ray and glasses turned up from Samsung this morning. We are all happy now!

Wow, great news!

I posted my original receipt last Tuesday and still haven't received a confirmation email yet...is this normal?

I've emailed them this morning...I tried calling but it's always engaged!!!??

I got my TV around the beginning of May and sent my receipt straight away. So don't expect fast action from Samsung.