Samsung Ps50c550 Discussion Thread

If you want to play dodgy video downloaded from the net use a PC for playback, problem solved permanently.

You could try locking the media player to a single resolution rather than “auto”.

I agree, that's what I told him.

Still though the problem is not only the media player, it is giving that same error message from the samsung blu ray home theatre.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, that's what I told him.

Still though the problem is not only the media player, it is giving that same error message from the samsung blu ray home theatre.

So DVD's and Bluray disks don't play reliably?

If genuine DVD and Bluray disks do not play perfectively there is a definite fault with the player or the TV.

Cant be because I tried it on different tv's and home theatre units with the same outcome...

Read my opening post for more detailed info

Edited by automan

Can be because I tried it on different tv's and home theatre units with the same outcome...

Read my opening post for more detailed info

Dont mean to Hijack this topic but i have a quick question, about the SAMSUNG UA46C5000, I am looking at buying one from "The good guys" but there particular model number is UA46C5000QF,

What does the QF mean at the end of the model number, does it mean that its inferior or a different model in anyway?

Cheers

Dont mean to Hijack this topic but i have a quick question, about the SAMSUNG UA46C5000, I am looking at buying one from "The good guys" but there particular model number is UA46C5000QF,

What does the QF mean at the end of the model number, does it mean that its inferior or a different model in anyway?

Cheers

Wow, 3 post all actually hijacking and duplicating very rude ... get yourself 5 post in the test area and create your own thread. Or search the this forum or the internet, or check samsung's websight...

Wow, 3 post all actually hijacking and duplicating very rude ... get yourself 5 post in the test area and create your own thread. Or search the this forum or the internet, or check samsung's websight...

Sorry mate, ive looked on the internet, i have gone to the samsung site, i have also tried to make my own topic on this forums but it wouldnt let me, i just need to know, i apologize - its not as if im desecrating anybody's grandmothers remains but trying to ask a quick little question!

Sorry mate, ive looked on the internet, i have gone to the samsung site, i have also tried to make my own topic on this forums but it wouldnt let me, i just need to know, i apologize - its not as if im desecrating anybody's grandmothers remains but trying to ask a quick little question!

Mate, you couldn't have searched very hard. I typed in the model number including the QF and there are 1,00s of links for that model including Samsung's own website....that is it's full model number!

Mate, you couldn't have searched very hard. I typed in the model number including the QF and there are 1,00s of links for that model including Samsung's own website....that is it's full model number!

Thanks Diesel, i just had to be sure, You are truly embody the Australian Spirit, Fair shake of the sauce bottle cobba

Bought one of these 3 weeks ago and just recently it has started to show quite a few 'sparkling' pixels across half to one third of the screen. They only seem to be visible on a light background and are various colours.

I have booked a warranty service call but was wondering if anyone here may have any idea on specifically what could be the cause so that I am a little more informed when the technician gets here.

G'day

Just purchased one of these for $1185 from Good guys, was below cost , they showed me their computer screen with $1210 as the cost price written on it...

anyway!

its my first plasma, if i have contrast setting less than 70 for a good while to begin with is that all i need to be concerned about with break in periods?

I watched 20mins of the 2012 blu ray as soon as i got it, and i noticed some lines retained on the screen where the letterbox bars were... they disappeared after 10mins or so... so perhaps i'll try avoid letterboxed viewing for a while?

is this all sensible?

i tried reading through the thread but its 8 pages long and I am struggling to stay awake so i'm hoping for some quick answers :)

so just some settings for break in, and some settings to watch a blu ray like avatar in, to see how good it looks :)

thanks guys

Edited by matt30186

G'day

Just purchased one of these for $1185 from Good guys, was below cost , they showed me their computer screen with $1210 as the cost price written on it...

anyway!

its my first plasma, if i have contrast setting less than 70 for a good while to begin with is that all i need to be concerned about with break in periods?

I watched 20mins of the 2012 blu ray as soon as i got it, and i noticed some lines retained on the screen where the letterbox bars were... they disappeared after 10mins or so... so perhaps i'll try avoid letterboxed viewing for a while?

is this all sensible?

i tried reading through the thread but its 8 pages long and I am struggling to stay awake so i'm hoping for some quick answers :)

so just some settings for break in, and some settings to watch a blu ray like avatar in, to see how good it looks :)

thanks guys

Have a read over this thread, here, and break in the TV if you can be bothered... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=583089

I'm running it on my 550 that I received yesterday from a work rewards scheme. Having the loop play in your room while trying to sleep is like having a 500w lamp in the corner of the room...

Edited by Dan110024

overall build quality begins to look and feel like a cheap piece of s**t exponentially with every day that passes...hey - it is cheap, and every plasma has the buzz - right.

Not good enough Samsung...no cigar

It's a Samsung... What are you expecting? ;)

G'day

anyway!

is this all sensible?

thanks guys

All I did was turn the contrast down to 45 and use the zoom function to avoid letterboxing/keep solid channel logos etc off the screen, for the first 200 or so hours.

G'day

Hi mate, that seems a fantastic price for a 50" full HD plasma. As their online price is still $14??.00. Can you email me a receipt?

no worries mate,

so I love this tele, movies look amazing.

watched a movie that had black bars top and bottom, book of eli on blu ray, and 20mins after the movie ended the bars were still there though VERY faint, and after a hour or so they were all but gone