Sign in to follow this  
Andy02171503563466

Samsung Ps63c7000

Well in that case definitely get the Sammy. I have always owned Pana's (6 of their plasma's to be exact) I went to HN Woodville to look at 3d again and noted a

58v10 pana next to 2009 series 6 Sammy 63". I calibrated both sets. The lights were dimmed down for the 3d promo's.

I couldn't believe my eyes the 63 Sammy looked substantially sharper than the 58 Pana.

I have already ordered a 63 Sammy 7000 approx 3 weeks ago,

hmmm, are you sure? why is the panna so much more? Its only 2 inches bigger why is it that much?

did you order the 2010 sammy model? dont mind me asking how much did you pay?

Edited by slickstar

If possible

Please let me know....Anywhere Samsung PS 58 & 63C-7000....Release in the AU market or not to day?????

Edited by Mick Lam

hmmm, are you sure? why is the panna so much more? Its only 2 inches bigger why is it that much?

RRP for the Samsung 63" went from $6499 in 2009 (PS63B680) to $4499 in 2010 (PS63C7000)

The 63" 2010 Samsung model can be ordered online for $3399.

The RRP for the 2009 65" Panasonic (TH-P65V10A) was $6699. The RRP for the 2008 model (TH-65PZ850A) was $11,999.

It is unlikely that Panasonic will drop the price of their 2010 65" plasma by that much as the 2009 model sold like hot cakes and they had supply issues. Also Panasonic don't take the Samsung plasmas that seriously as competition. They feel they are the quality plasma provider now that Pioneer have exited the market, so they are prepared to charge a price premium for this.

Hence the estimate by CC Rider for the price difference (on the street) between the 2009 63" Samsung and the 2010 65" Panasonic.

Edited by purpleninja

RRP for the Samsung 63" went from $6499 in 2009 (PS63B680) to $4499 in 2010 (PS63C7000)

The RRP for the 2009 65" Panasonic (TH-P65V10A) was $6699. The RRP for the 2008 model (TH-65PZ850A) was $11,999.

It is unlikely that Panasonic will drop the price of their 2010 65" plasma by that much as the 2009 model sold like hot cakes and they had supply issues. Also Panasonic don't take the Samsung plasmas that seriously as competition. They feel they are the quality plasma provider now that Pioneer have exited the market, so they are prepared to charge a price premium for this.

Hence the estimate by CC Rider for the price difference (on the street) between the 2009 63" Samsung and the 2010 65" Panasonic.

Nice informative post. thanks. you say that Panasonic dont consider Samsung as competition. But to you believe that Panasonic plasmas are that much better?

Nice informative post. thanks. you say that Panasonic dont consider Samsung as competition. But to you believe that Panasonic plasmas are that much better?

Well, more at the top of their range of plasmas they don't appear to see themselves as being threatened by Samsung.

This is a mistake in my opinion as Samsung's plasmas are very good.

Samsung are already leaders in the LCD market and they are pricing very competitively in 2010 to try to take the lead in the plasma market also.

I'm not an expert but I'd say that Panasonics are not better.

Each brand has pros and cons but neither is head and shoulders above the other - apart from in price.

Panasonic have a stronger historic brand, but Samsung have shown that this doesn't count for much in the TV market.

I'd advise looking at both and deciding which image/features you prefer. If money is a factor (as it is for most of us) you should definitely consider the Samsungs.

Personally the price difference it too big for me to ignore so I'll be getting a Samsung - the image quality and features are also excellent in the 2010 models.

Yes I did order the 63" Sammy. I know a bargain when I see one :huh:

Not quite 2" bigger difference is 1.8" as Pana is 64.8"

Having owned many Pana's

TH50 pv60a

TH50 700a

TH50 800a

TH58 pv10a

Th65 pv10a

I think I am qualified to tell it as it is.

I was very brand loyal but my biggest bug beare was when I would go over to friends and family who owned Sammy plasma's and I could see the difference in PQ straight away. THe Sammy colours had more pop and the the picture was noticeably sharper and I emphasise noticeably..

Managed to sell the Pana 65v10 and buy the Sammy 63 7000 3dTV and pocket some cash as well.

Why are Pana's so much more? I don't care anymore

This is only my opinion and I trust you will make your decision based on what looks best for you. If it is Panasonic you still are buying a very good TV.

Edited by CC Rider

If possible

Please let me know....Anywhere Samsung PS 58 & 63C-7000....Release in the AU market or not to day?????

Hi Mick

According to the Samsung rep in store on Friday he told me that they expect a shipment mid May. They then need to be allocated so I would say May20 onwards.

Samsung is also not sold anywhere in Japan, so Panasonic does not even have to compete with them in their domestic market.

Hi Mick

According to the Samsung rep in store on Friday he told me that they expect a shipment mid May. They then need to be allocated so I would say May20 onwards.

Thanks CC Rider,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :)

Hi Mick

I'll give DC a buzz and ask them for an updated re: the delivery date. I'm hoping to hear a similar delivery explanation from them. I don't mind waiting, as long as everyone's stories are straight.

The 2009 63" model stats are:

Operation power consumption 560W

Typical Power Consumption 390W

So 43% less would be:

Operation power consumption 392W

Typical Power Consumption 273W

Samsung KR website have the power date show out today.....only 50 & 63~~~

3D Plasma 50

Maximum Operation power consumption 295W

Standby power <0.3W

3D Plasma 63

Maximum Operation power consumption 500W

Standby power <0.3W

Edited by Mick Lam

3D Plasma 50

Standby power <0.3W

3D Plasma 63

Standby power <0.3W

Assuming a linear progression is involved with power consumption per diagonal inch, that would mean a:

Max power consumption of approx. 420W for the 58 inch model.

Using the 2009 models as a guide, the "typical" power consumption (post calibration "home" mode) of the 2010 models would be approx:

50 - 206W

58 - 294W

63 - 350W

If the "43% less" figures have any basis in reality, then this could possibly equate to the following for the 2010 models:

50 - 168W or 172W

58 - 239W or 244W

63 - 285W or 290W

Less realistically....if the 43% figure is used in a different way - and assuming that the Eco Sensor is allowed to automatically dim your TV (something that few DTV forum members would allow in their quest for visual perfection ;)) - the numbers could be as follows:

50 - 156W

58 - 222W

63 - 265W

I could come up with a few other ways of manipulating the numbers - but I'm sure Samsung's marketing dept. will do this for everyone ;)

Edited by oscwilde

Where from, if you don't mind me asking?

can someone tell me what Mega DCR is for contrast ratio?

This is reorted to be 5mill to 1. Just like Pana's. I would not worry or take notice it is Cr@p advertising.

3D Plasma 50

Standby power <0.3W

3D Plasma 63

Standby power <0.3W

Hmm ... not as good as I was hoping for

Assuming a linear progression is involved with power consumption per diagonal inch, that would mean a:

Max power consumption of approx. 420W for the 58 inch model.

Using the 2009 models as a guide, the "typical" power consumption (post calibration "home" mode) of the 2010 models would be approx:

50 - 206W

58 - 294W

63 - 350W

If the "43% less" figures have any basis in reality, then this could possibly equate to the following for the 2010 models:

50 - 168W or 172W

58 - 239W or 244W

63 - 285W or 290W

Less realistically....if the 43% figure is used in a different way - and assuming that the Eco Sensor is allowed to automatically dim your TV (something that few DTV forum members would allow in their quest for visual perfection ;)) - the numbers could be as follows:

50 - 156W

58 - 222W

63 - 265W

I could come up with a few other ways of manipulating the numbers - but I'm sure Samsung's marketing dept. will do this for everyone ;)

LOL - I'm sure there's some "fuzzy maths" going on for some of Samsung's official calcs to get 43%

I wouldn't put it past the marketing department to get the figure from the standby power consumption and totally ignore the actual consumption when the set is operational!!

If the power consumption was double the 2010 models would it really matter? It’s not like these TV’s cost much to run.

There are much more important concerns like performance.

If the power consumption was double the 2010 models would it really matter? It’s not like these TV’s cost much to run.

There are much more important concerns like performance.

I think if we can all reduce or energy consumption by design it all helps our environment.

So I was out today checking out the new 3d tv's. tbqh, i was not happy with samsung's LED 3d tv. Even after putting on the 3d glasses I could see double. lol wtf? thats 3d fail.

Since samsung are not releasing a 2010 non 3d 63 inch im going to get this one. Not really interested in "3d" but if you cant do 3d properly why do it at all?

Anyways, I found a joint that had a 65" panasonic on display. it a 2007 model and it looked ****. But the tv was sooooo god damn huge. I just think its too big for my room. I was looking at LG 60" tv's and they look too small. Im just hoping that the samsung 63" doenst look toooooo big. The last time I saw a 63" samsung was 3 months ago and I was happy with the size but now im in doubt after looking at the panna 65". should I scale down to a 58"? this is so confusing.

Edited by slickstar

Guest David Tran

Is there a chance that Samsung releases a 60"+ LED TV? I love to get a 63" Plasma but with 2 young kids, i am very afraid of "burn-in". Will burn-in always exist with plasma?

Regards,

David

Is there a chance that Samsung releases a 60"+ LED TV? I love to get a 63" Plasma but with 2 young kids, i am very afraid of "burn-in". Will burn-in always exist with plasma?

Regards,

David

Samsung will be releasing a 65" C8000 LED/LCD TV this year.

The RRP will be $7499 so ~$6k on the street, maybe less.

is this the only 63" plasma samsung will be releasing. Last thing I want to do is buy a new tv and 6 months later they release another 63 inch new and improved.