Sign in to follow this  
Andy02171503563466

Samsung Ps63c7000

Hm VideoPro's prices aren't that bad. At least they haven't just slapped the RRP onto the new TVs like Bing Lee etc.

Hey mate can I ask where from and for how much?

cheers

Ordered from Digital centre, really friendly to deal with. Hope they r just as good with their service

Price was $3750

You could get yourself a cheap soundbar to sit under the TV. Not ideal but better than the inbuilt sound on these modern slim TVs
Do the Sammy's have sound outputs that will drive a speaker bar or do you still need to run it through an AVR?
As an ex owner of Pana 800 and ex two V10's(58 and 65) the speakers in them were poor. My ex 700 series pana were a lot better but no where as good as my rptv which is in the games room.
I have the PX600, which has the same speakers as your ex700 series - 2x subwoofer + 2x tweeter. Sure, not as big as speakers you could fit in an RPTV or CRT, but far better than just the tiny tinny pieces of rubbish that pass for speakers in thin panels.
Ordered from Digital centre, really friendly to deal with. Hope they r just as good with their service

Price was $3750

Hope you have a good experience. There are many that haven't - check Whirlpool

I have the PX600, which has the same speakers as your ex700 series - 2x subwoofer + 2x tweeter. Sure, not as big as speakers you could fit in an RPTV or CRT, but far better than just the tiny tinny pieces of rubbish that pass for speakers in thin panels.

Yes Mick those were the days. I hope cars still had chrome bumpers but alas those coloured plastic variety are unavoidable. :huh:

Cars had chrome bumpers...real chrome? :o

It's still an amazing price for a 63" screen! Very tempting.

So whats the go with mobs like Digital Centre...I mean can you pay a deposit then the balance when they get it in...or do you have to pay in full up front and then get on your knees and pray.

So whats the go with mobs like Digital Centre...I mean can you pay a deposit then the balance when they get it in...or do you have to pay in full up front and then get on your knees and pray.

Just google it and make a cup of coffee or two or three or four and so on.

Your in for a long read

Edited by CC Rider

I've got 20% deposit and pay the rest when it comes in with Digital Centre.

I've got 20% deposit and pay the rest when it comes in with Digital Centre.

Jayman, what model did you order ? and what delivery time frame did they give you ?

Jayman, what model did you order ? and what delivery time frame did they give you ?

PS63C7000, and they've told me "the first two weeks of May" but that's sounding a bit hopeful now. Fingers crossed.

Just experienced the Samsung 55" led 3d tv and was blown away. It was in Jbhifi bondi junction i got the salesmen to turn off the downlights around the tv and it makes a massive difference! Before he turned off the lights it looked blurry and the picture quality was crap. Also the tv was at a low height so i had to squat down directly infront of the tv with the lights off to really appreciate the 3d effect. But when i did it was unreal, i wasn't interested in the 3d tvs before but will definitely purchase one now.

Because the led tvs use lcd panels viewing angle is a big factor also the lights ruin the experience, so plasma should be the bees knees! Looking forward to samsungs plasma lineup!

Just experienced the Samsung 55" led 3d tv and was blown away. It was in Jbhifi bondi junction i got the salesmen to turn off the downlights around the tv and it makes a massive difference! Before he turned off the lights it looked blurry and the picture quality was crap. Also the tv was at a low height so i had to squat down directly infront of the tv with the lights off to really appreciate the 3d effect. But when i did it was unreal, i wasn't interested in the 3d tvs before but will definitely purchase one now.

Because the led tvs use lcd panels viewing angle is a big factor also the lights ruin the experience, so plasma should be the bees knees! Looking forward to samsungs plasma lineup!

Did the same yesterday... waiting eagerly for my 63" plasma!!!

Do the Sammy's have sound outputs that will drive a speaker bar or do you still need to run it through an AVR?

According to http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audi...&fullspec=F the PS63C7000 has digital audio out (optical) so you can use a soundbar that takes optical input and that should be fine.

Some soundbars need an AVR, so you will need to find one that does not require an AVR.

I just downloaded the manual for the PS63C7000 and the weight of the set is in the document.

I compared it to the 2009 PS63B680 and found quite a difference:

PS63B680 (2009) - 63" plasma

Set weight with stand 60.6kg

Set weight without stand 52.9kg

1531 x 932 x 74mm

PS63C7000 (2010) - 63" plasma

Set weight with stand 44.6kg

Set weight without stand 38kg

1498 x 911 x 36mm

That's a pretty significant drop in weight, and the thickness has halved!

I just downloaded the manual for the PS63C7000 and the weight of the set is in the document.

I compared it to the 2009 PS63B680 and found quite a difference:

PS63B680 (2009) - 63" plasma

Set weight with stand 60.6kg

Set weight without stand 52.9kg

1531 x 932 x 74mm

PS63C7000 (2010) - 63" plasma

Set weight with stand 44.6kg

Set weight without stand 38kg

1498 x 911 x 36mm

That's a pretty significant drop in weight, and the thickness has halved!

WOW! Quite a difference there... Any comparisons of energy consumption between the 2?

WOW! Quite a difference there... Any comparisons of energy consumption between the 2?

I'm interested in energy comsumption as well but the manual doesn't contain that info and the websites still state TBD for energy consumption apart from standby.

2009 PS63B680 Stand-by Power Consumption < 1W

2010 PS63C7000 Stand-by Power Consumption < 0.3 watt

PS63C7000, and they've told me "the first two weeks of May" but that's sounding a bit hopeful now. Fingers crossed.

Samsung just say 2010 model can save 43% energy consumption than 2009 model!!!!

I'm interested in energy comsumption as well but the manual doesn't contain that info and the websites still state TBD for energy consumption apart from standby.

2009 PS63B680 Stand-by Power Consumption < 1W

2010 PS63C7000 Stand-by Power Consumption < 0.3 watt

The 2009 63" model stats are:

Operation power consumption 560W

Typical Power Consumption 390W

So 43% less would be:

Operation power consumption 392W

Typical Power Consumption 273W

The 2009 63" model stats are:

Operation power consumption 560W

Typical Power Consumption 390W

So 43% less would be:

Operation power consumption 392W

Typical Power Consumption 273W

http://family.pconline.com.cn/lcd/news/1004/2094471_2.html

Please take a look the pic (because I can see chinese)...you can see 43% power save in the pic........

Edited by Mick Lam

Thanks for the link - some nice images of the 2010 screens :)

This is Samsung TV show in china on April-2010.....

This is Samsung TV show in china on April-2010.....

I couldn't see the text but based on the model numbers could figure it out.

Have you heard if the 63" is coming to HK?

I couldn't see the text but based on the model numbers could figure it out.

Have you heard if the 63" is coming to HK?

HK Samsung no news now..........China Samsung has the 58 & 63 news now..but have not the release day....

HK Samsung no news now..........China Samsung has the 58 & 63 news now..but have not the release day....

So I must choose buy it in AU or china......