Sign in to follow this  
Andy02171503563466

Samsung Ps63c7000

The 63" C7000 plasma will not be ultra-slim like the LED backlit LCD models, but should be quite slim. Dimension specs haven't been released yet.

According to the specs http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audi...&fullspec=F it can be used with the ultra-slim wall mount

Approx 25mm thick according to my US mates which makes it about as deep as z series pana

Edited by CC Rider

Below is a in store point of view by a member of avsforum.

If it was negative there would be some interest but alas it was very positive. Remember their 8000 is our 7000.

Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM #1059 | Link

Ironmagz

After thinking that I was just weeks away from pulling the trigger on the PN63C8000, tonight I had the opportunity at Ultimate Electronics to view the PN58C8000.

I have to say WOW, I was impressed. The wife too was equally impressed and probably more so since she doesn't read the forums here. But I was shocked at how good the picture was. It had Avatar playing from a local 3d sammy blue-ray player. I checked the settings it was on and it was on Dynamic, even though, it was a very nice picture. The blacks? It wasn't setting beside any other tv but seemed plenty dark to my eye. Didn't notice any reflections, although it wasn't under any harsh lights. I didn't actually listen for buzzing but did look behind it and feel the back for heat and never heard any buzzing, the back was pretty cool btw.

On the back side of this demo was the un55 with the 3d MVA blue-ray playing. I asked the salesman if we could see the plasma in 3d mode. I was afraid he was going to leave me hanging after saying "this Avatar isn't in 3d and you'd have to have a 3d disc". I figured he was going to give me the runaround and not let me see it in 3d, but I was kind of insisting since the 3d player was there and knew there had to be a MVA somewhere in the store. He went and stole it from the LED display.

I had seen the un55 at BB in 3d mode plus watched a little of the 3D golf match on that day. The plasma did just as well as the led if not better, although the led I saw was 2 or 3 weeks prior so it wasn't completely fresh in my mind. But yeah the 3d was better than I expected on the plasma, real good in fact.

I also asked to see a 7000 model. He had a 50" hanging beside another 50" that was an 8000. He shut the two off and the 'real black filter' on the 8000 showed off it's stuff. The screen was quite a bit darker than the 7000.

Next I asked about a Panasonic VT25, he had a 50"? sitting out so we went to look at it. It didn't have Avatar playing like the Samsung but was another blue-ray so not really apples to apples. But I didn't see anything on it that impressed me over the Samsung. Sure it looked just as good, I'd have to say, but nothing better. And for a lower price and 2d-3d conversion I can't see how one could go wrong with the sammy.

But to sum it all up. The PN58C8000 had a very nice picture and helped me to realize I would be very happy with it's 63" version. So the mind is made up. The PN63C8000 will be my next tv. And it's not gonna be long!!

Edited by CC Rider

Below is a in store point of view by a member of avsforum.

If it was negative there would be some interest but alas it was very positive. Remember their 8000 is our 7000.

I remember reading that on AVS and thinking very nice.

I'm just waiting on a pro review now (and to see it in the flesh hopefully) as I've seen enough anecdotal comments and reviews to make me seriously consider the 2010 Samsung plasmas, especially the 63"

I remember reading that on AVS and thinking very nice.

I'm just waiting on a pro review now (and to see it in the flesh hopefully) as I've seen enough anecdotal comments and reviews to make me seriously consider the 2010 Samsung plasmas, especially the 63"

Fair enough but I personally take pro reviews with a grain of salt.

Fair enough but I personally take pro reviews with a grain of salt.

I take all reviews with a pinch of salt :) but it would be good to have both end user and pro reviews.

I am an end user and am not as critical as pros, but I still like to hear what they say.

I'm also waiting for reviews of the 63" to come through as so far I've only seen end user reviews of the smaller screen variants.

Just spoke to Myers sales and told they are expecting 63 towards mid to late May. Hard to believe given the experience with the 65v10 Pana.

Their best price is $4k for tv and $499 warranty.

Edited by CC Rider

Just spoke to Myers sales and told they are expecting 63 towards mid to late May. Hard to believe given the experience with the 65v10 Pana.

I'm sure Streamaster will be more competitive than that and you can still pick it up from a Myer store due to their relationship with them.

Could you tell me how competitive Myer's prices were last year with the 65" Panasonic? Did you get your's from them?

Also hopefully Myer will come down in price once other stores start to sell these as well.

I don't know what city he is in but this post from Gester sounded promising about the pricing of the major chains:

Well I went to JB, Myer and HN today and man - staff are really uninformed and know very little about their products or what's coming.

Myer and JB both said the "The biggest Samsung TV is 55". I pointed out that there is a plasma version at 63" can they please quote me on that. After checking their system they obviosuly found out they were wrong. The cheapest price I could get on the spot was $3450 from JB but until they get a "true" price as in have stock they couldn't go lower just yet. He did say though that once stock arrives it should be doable for $3300 at least.

Myer indicated the cost price was around $3200 and they couldn't go lower then that. They wouldn't tell me the exact figure except when I pointed out it was $3399 from Gameon and could they match it they said they wont do online retailers but they will match a quote from JB or someplace. He did say that even if JB came back with $3300 they could better it slightly as it is just above cost.

Edited by purpleninja

I'm sure Streamaster will be more competitive than that and you can still pick it up from a Myer store due to their relationship with them.

Could you tell me how competitive Myer's prices were last year with the 65" Panasonic? Did you get your's from them?

Also hopefully Myer will come down in price once other stores start to sell these as well.

I don't know what city he is in but this post from Gester sounded promising about the pricing of the major chains:

OK

I have family connections with a HN store which I don't like to call on for personal reasons. However I did and they gave me a fantastic deal on the 65v10.

Having sold the 65v10 I don't think I will going back there in a hurry. :rolleyes:

Myers prices were (65v10) $5250 for the TV but the killer was the EW $699.

If you live in the eastern states you naturally will get a better deal than us in SA.

I have managed to score a very good deal through a close friend but he has instructed me to keep it mum.

I have phoned around Adelaide stores and they told me they could not come near the price I got so it confirms the price is a steal.

Hence my best price from Myer Adelaide above,

PS I did call Craig from Streamaster and his advice was to take it and don't look back.

Edited by CC Rider

I've been advised that my delivery should be "the first two weeks of May" for the 63", we've rung around other stores online and they're stating the same. So this sounds like what Samsung have told the sellers. I hope they hold true to the delivery date...the wait is KILLING me. :rolleyes:

Sounds like congrats are in order! :)

Yes told Mid May as well. But somehow hard to believe

Edit I actually phoned Samsung today and it was them who told me mid to late may not Myers (doh)

What surprised me was that their CC people connected me to someone in supply and that person confirmed those numbers. Try phoning Pana and ask the same question about their sets..

You will be told they don't know.

Edited by CC Rider

Edit I actually phoned Samsung today and it was them who told me mid to late may not Myers (doh)

What surprised me was that their CC people connected me to someone in supply and that person confirmed those numbers. Try phoning Pana and ask the same question about their sets..

I'm looking forward to seeing pics and opinions! Hint hint..... :)

Hopefully this will mean that they will be in-store to be viewed around this time as well.

Re: Panasonic - they don't know or they don't care - either way no help to the customer on the phone

Edited by purpleninja

You can have a look on the website to see if it says anything. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait until it's in the store or Samsung publish the instruction manual for download on their website.

You could always just give Samsung a call - they can probably tell you now.

Just Rang Samsung, and they advised that I read the box that the plasma comes in. It would suggest a the correct wall bracket to use. So if anyone has seen the box that the plasma comes in could you let me know.

He also said Ultra Slim wall mount brackets rate as follows

WMN1000A for small Samsung tvs

WMN1000C for mid size Samsung tvs

WMN1000B for large Samsung tvs

Bear in mind that the AU C7000 will have the better filter to the reviewed model

So what difference will that make?

For anybody interested in the 58" model, the Videopro website is displaying ""In Stock, Ships in 1-3 days"

http://www.videopro.com.au/cf-188--3d-tv.aspx

The 50"and 63" models are listed as "Available, Ships in 5-10 days. I called Videopro in Fortitude Valley to see when the 50" would be available and was told mid May. I was also told that they have the 58"model on display

So what difference will that make?

The difference will be with the depth of black when the screen is viewed with ambient light.

The filter will improve the perceived black level under ambient light conditions which is the environment that most people watch their TV under.

Edited by CC Rider

Approx 25mm thick according to my US mates which makes it about as deep as z series pana

Not an issue if you us HT speakers when watching your super slim TV, but for me, most of my TV watching involves using the onboard TV speakers and slim TVs = crappy speakers...and previous Samsung TVs have not really been glowing of their on board sound.

Not an issue if you us HT speakers when watching your super slim TV, but for me, most of my TV watching involves using the onboard TV speakers and slim TVs = crappy speakers...and previous Samsung TVs have not really been glowing of their on board sound.

You could get yourself a cheap soundbar to sit under the TV. Not ideal but better than the inbuilt sound on these modern slim TVs

Mick

As an ex owner of Pana 800 and ex two V10's(58 and 65) the speakers in them were poor. My ex 700 series pana were a lot better but no where as good as my rptv which is in the games room.

Time to take the leap, just ordered a PS63C7000. 2 Week wait :(

Congratulations are in oder. Not feeling confident about delivery date though.

Hey mate can I ask where from and for how much?

cheers

Congratulations are in oder. Not feeling confident about delivery date though.

Thanx, yea I feel the same. A bit scepticle about 2 weeks, we will c. I can only hope !