Sign in to follow this  
Andy02171503563466

Samsung Ps63c7000

wtf is the point of your posts here (this thread)? Yes everyone who reads these forums knows you dont like 3D or Samsung. Please stop posting useless posts that merely server to get your post count up as for the purpose of this thread it is completely unhelpful and you are just repeating yourself.

I am disinterested in 3d, as for Samsung, well I purchased a 52” Samsung only 5 months ago because I dislike them so much. Having said that I am not impressed with Samsungs 2010 line up, the Plasma range seems to have gone backwards in quality while the LCD range has made little if any progress and concentrates on inferior edge lit LED technology. If all they can offer for 2010 is 3d and different features I see no reason to be complimentary about Samsung, especially when they have no stand out models like last year.

With 7800 posts over 7 years my post count needs no help, however I take your point about my post being unhelpful so I'll butt out.

Having said that I am not impressed with Samsungs 2010 line up, the Plasma range seems to have gone backwards in quality

I have had difficulty finding a review of the Ps63c7000, but am seriously considering purchasing one. Owen, what aspect of the basic quality (i.e. use as a 2D set) has a question mark over it?

Black levels seem to have taken a step backwards (slightly). But as most people know, there is more to a TV then simply black levels.

I have had difficulty finding a review of the Ps63c7000, but am seriously considering purchasing one. Owen, what aspect of the basic quality (i.e. use as a 2D set) has a question mark over it?

There's a fair amount of user comments and feedback on this US thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....821&page=35

Bear in mind that the AU C7000 plasma is most like the US C8000 plasma. The US C7000 isn't as good as our's.

Panasonic's 65" balm may provide similar relief, though 6 months to wait is a loooooong time.

Or am I confusing my balm for a little blue pill :ninja:

I think 6 months is wishful thinking. The 65 Pana would probably be delivered next March. and then they will be trying to fill back orders.

There are people I know who ordered their sets(65v10) in January 2010 and have yet to receive their sets despite being assured by the store manager that the Pana State manager assured them that all will be delivered in April.

One of them canceled his order out of sheer frustration.

I feel very embarrassed as I proxied the sale by recommending the HN Store at Marion who incidentally boasted to each person that they are given priority

by Panasonic as they are the largest volume sales outlet in SA.

There's a fair amount of user comments and feedback on this US thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....821&page=35

Bear in mind that the AU C7000 plasma is most like the US C8000 plasma. The US C7000 isn't as good as our's.

About time we got something better than them. Incidentally Panasonic do exactly the reverse. They provide extra features and hardware on their US sets and send the bare bones minimum to Australia.

Black levels seem to have taken a step backwards (slightly). But as most people know, there is more to a TV then simply black levels.

Spot on brother!!!!

Edited by CC Rider

I am disinterested in 3d,

I take your point about my post being unhelpful so I'll butt out.

No offence intended but I am glad you have come to this conclusion.

This thread is about the large 63 3d Sammy plasma and people who want and are going to embrace this tech which is a quantum leap in our TV watching pleasure.

I was a skeptic but now am converted and am looking forward to the exciting days ahead for the new owners especially with 3d sport.

Edited by CC Rider

Look for a review of the US 63 8000 series which is exactly what we are getting.

Edited by CC Rider

Samsung registration website is up and running!!! All aboard...the 3d train !!

That is great news. I would love to phone Sammy's CC and have a go at the drone who was trying to tell me that the promo was to finish on 30 April.

If you're not joking then I'd say that the guy you spoke to was mistaken.

A number of the eligible models aren't even released until June, so the promo will have to be running at least until then.

Take alook.......purpleninja already said until June!!!

That is great news. I would love to phone Sammy's CC and have a go at the drone who was trying to tell me that the promo was to finish on 30 April.

Now I just need my TV so I can plug in the serial number and start the claim. I just keep telling myself...early May...early May....early May. It'll be a big jump from my ~SD(1024x768) 42"Sammy, which BTW has served me well for the last 5 years. I originally ordered the 58v10 Pana and was waiting(and it arrived at the store!!), but when the prices and features were released for the new sammy plasmas, i ditched it and went the 63" Sammy, for me it was a no brainer. I almost convinced myslef that the Panny that I was getting wouldn't have that brightness increase issue after the 1000 hrs, now I don't need to worry bout that. I might just be trying to listen out for a buzz :huh: instead.

Edited by Jayman7

I think 6 months is wishful thinking. The 65 Pana would probably be delivered next March. and then they will be trying to fill back orders.

Fair enough if people wait to place an order, but if you are quick enough to order one of the first batch, then you should be able to get on in October/November...

About time we got something better than them. Incidentally Panasonic do exactly the reverse. They provide extra features and hardware on their US sets and send the bare bones minimum to Australia.

It still doesn't make up for Samsung not releasing the 55" B8500 that the US got. That was arguably the best LED backlit TV they've produced yet.

But then they stopped producing it even for the US.

For people who didn't want 3D but still wanted LED backlit LCD this would have been an excellent alternative.

Look for a review of the US 63 8000 series which is exactly what we are getting.

Thx CC Rider, purpleninja, & Gester. For myself, even if black levels did turn out not to be not quite as good as 2009 Sammy panels, that would not weigh very heavily in my purchase decision. (I'd probably be more worried about the quality of the colour.)

I'm interested in the nitty gritty of frame rates. I assume the Samsung plasma displays will be able to handle an HDMI 3D input not only at 24p [23.976p] for Blu-ray movies; but at 30p [useful for some consumer level 3D cameras]. The manuals I've downloaded indicate that playback of 1920x1080 files (connecting the TV to an external hard drive) has an upper limit of 30fps. But what of 1280x720p? Can that be handled in 3D at 50fps or 60fps? If not from hard disk, or from DTV, can it be handled as HDMI input? Also, it appears there is no capacity specified for DTV reception of 2D + depth, though that possibly might be able to be enabled later, as a firmware upgrade?? None of this seems very clear at the moment, unless someone can provide a link to this sort of detail!

(A number of commentators have stated that 24fps is suboptimal for 3D viewing. I agree. Any sequel to Avatar may be filmed at a higher frame rate than 24fps.)

Edited by MLXXX

Thx CC Rider, purpleninja, & Gester. For myself, even if black levels did turn out not to be not quite as good as 2009 Sammy panels, that would not weigh very heavily in my purchase decision. (I'd probably be more worried about the quality of the colour.)

I'm interested in the nitty gritty of frame rates. I assume the Samsung plasma displays will be able to handle an HDMI 3D input not only at 24p [23.976p] for Blu-ray movies; but at 30p [useful for some consumer level 3D cameras]. The manuals I've downloaded indicate that playback of 1920x1080 files (connecting the TV to an external hard drive) has an upper limit of 30fps. But what of 1280x720p? Can that be handled in 3D at 50fps or 60fps? If not from hard disk, or from DTV, can it be handled as HDMI input? Also, it appears there is no capacity specified for DTV reception of 2D + depth, though that possibly might be able to be enabled later, as a firmware upgrade?? None of this seems very clear at the moment, unless someone can provide a link to this sort of detail!

(A number of commentators have stated that 24fps is suboptimal for 3D viewing. I agree. Any sequel to Avatar may be filmed at a higher frame rate than 24fps.)

The State of Origin is on in a few weeks time and will be the first terrestial (not Pay TV) FTA broadcast in 3D! Hopefully shops will have stock of the plasma by then and we can all see how it turns out. Apparently the inbuilt PVR will be able to record the broadcast with the 3D intact so it should be a good sample to see how it performs. Is this what you meant by DTV + depth?

The State of Origin is on in a few weeks time and will be the first terrestial (not Pay TV) FTA broadcast in 3D! Hopefully shops will have stock of the plasma by then and we can all see how it turns out. Apparently the inbuilt PVR will be able to record the broadcast with the 3D intact so it should be a good sample to see how it performs. Is this what you meant by DTV + depth?

I assume that they will play it in 3D on one of their alternate HD channels, as they would still want to broadcast it normally on 9 and 9HD.

I wonder what a 3D signal would look like played on a normal HD TV. Would it even register as a displayable signal?

I assume that they will play it in 3D on one of their alternate HD channels, as they would still want to broadcast it normally on 9 and 9HD.

I believe it'll be on CH93 and will probably need a rescan to pick up the show.

Now I just need my TV so I can plug in the serial number and start the claim. I just keep telling myself...early May...early May....early May. It'll be a big jump from my ~SD(1024x768) 42"Sammy, which BTW has served me well for the last 5 years. I originally ordered the 58v10 Pana and was waiting(and it arrived at the store!!), but when the prices and features were released for the new sammy plasmas, i ditched it and went the 63" Sammy, for me it was a no brainer. I almost convinced myslef that the Panny that I was getting wouldn't have that brightness increase issue after the 1000 hrs, now I don't need to worry bout that. I might just be trying to listen out for a buzz :huh: instead.

I recently sold my 65v10. Thought I'll get in early. Purchaser was very desperste for the model and basically paid what I bought it for which incidentally was a bargain price anyway.

I am waiting on the Sammy 63 3dtv now and banked the difference.

Being a great fan of sports I am looking forward o the 3d sporting broadcasts in the future.

In the meantime I am watching a borrowed 40" Sammy LCD TV. "Off axis : viewing is horrid. Couldn't care less about the black(navy blue) filter superiority of LCD and how well it performs in my room when I open the blinds. I am so put of by the poor pq with of axis viewing.

Edited by CC Rider

Is this 63 inch plasma the super thin model that you hang from the wall

with that samsung cable mount system?

Is this 63 inch plasma the super thin model that you hang from the wall

with that samsung cable mount system?

The 63" C7000 plasma will not be ultra-slim like the LED backlit LCD models, but should be quite slim. Dimension specs haven't been released yet.

According to the specs http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audi...&fullspec=F it can be used with the ultra-slim wall mount

Edited by purpleninja

The 63" C7000 plasma will not be ultra-slim like the LED backlit LCD models, but should be quite slim. Dimension specs haven't been released yet.

According to the specs http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audi...&fullspec=F it can be used with the ultra-slim wall mount

Is there a way to find out what ultra-slim wall mount it uses ?

WMN1000A, WMN1000B or WMN1000C

or none of the above ?

Is there a way to find out what ultra-slim wall mount it uses ?

WMN1000A, WMN1000B or WMN1000C

or none of the above ?

You can have a look on the website to see if it says anything. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait until it's in the store or Samsung publish the instruction manual for download on their website.

You could always just give Samsung a call - they can probably tell you now.