Sign in to follow this  
Andy02171503563466

Samsung Ps63c7000

Has any one else had problem with panels totally failing on there PS63C7000 tv's?

Mine has failed the panel twice in 3 months where you end up with no display at all, another 1 month wait coming up for Samsungs agent to replace it again, trying to get speak to some one at Samsung about dispute resolution is nigh on impossible. One panel failure I could accept as luck of the draw, but two?

Has me nervous now for when the warranty runs out.

Wishing now I had just bought a cheap ass Kogan or the like, never again will I buy a Samsung product.

Sorry for rant for first post, but extremely disappointed with Samsung.

Well Samsung "service" finally came out and advised the two month old panel has failed again and advised that he will have to get advice from Samsung on wether to repair or replace.

Two days later still heard nothing back from Samsung, so rang them up for long wait, finally got through to a woman who barely spoke English and was told, Samsung call you in 7 to 10 days, goodbye.

I asked her if I could speak to her supervisor who hung up on me when I said my case number, not sure if intentional or not.

Had all could take from Samsung so rang Good Guys where I bought TV from and told them the history of this dud TV and the poor service from Samsung, they advised me they will contact Samsung and see what they can do for me.

They called back in half hour after to speaking to state manager who has authorised my TV to be replaced with a PS64D8000 but there is no stock in WA,so another two week to get a replacement TV.

So will end up with a newer bigger Tv, but still would not go near another Samsung product ever again as there service is absolutely woeful.

Edited by dakah3

So you wound up with a 64D8000 for free and you are pissed off with Samsung????

Some people are never satisfied. :rolleyes:

Not exactly free Owen. He did have to pay for a 63C7000 to get it ;)

Not to mention being dicked around and being left without a TV for 'months'.

Sheesh... Owen, you must be so easily satisfied. Oh, wait, no - you have no interest in any of these latest model TV's, do you. (Rhetorical question, but somehow I expect a response.)

[/

Not free, just a replacement as last years model no longer available.

For a new TV purchased in February has been dead for two months now waiting to get fixed, numerous calls to Samsung and have to be home when serviceman comes out.

Happy to be getting a replacement tv, but have zero confidence in it or Samsung service.

I can understand your disappointment and aggravation but "service" is a thing of the past when it comes to TV's of any brand, we get what we pay for.

Pioneer had good service when they sold TV's and would replace a defective TV without question, but you paid around double the priced of competing products so good service did not come for free.

Most of the problems with getting a TV fixed are due to the repairer (typically a contractor) or delays in procuring parts.

My Sony TV was defective from new. A repair tech was sent out to evaluate the set and ordered a new part, about 5 weeks latter they came back and installed the replacement part but there where issues with it so another part was ordered. About 6 weeks latter they returned and installed the new part and the TV was fixed.

At least during this lengthy process the TV was usable so other than having to be home on three occasions inconvenience was minimal.

Four years latter the TV needed repair again, this time the repairer insisted on taking the TV to the workshop. The repair misdiagnosed the simple and well known fault and ordered a part that did not fix the problem. The correct part was then ordered and 5 weeks later the TV was returned but had obvious problems that the repairer either did not notice or more likely expected me to accept. That was not going to fly so I had them take the TV back for another attempt. A few days latter the service manager contacted me to say they could see the faults I was complaining about and asked if I would come to the workshop so the owner of the business could discuss the problems. I agreed and drove 60km to be taken into the workshop to shown my TV with all but one of the defects still plainly evident. The owner tried to fob me off buy saying these issues where "normal" but I was having none of that. After a very heated exchange (on his part, I kept my cool) he agreed to order a new part and try again, after which he showed me to the door and slammed and do mean slammed it behind me. After another 9 weeks latter the TV was finally returned properly repaired.

So this time I had been without the TV for three and a half months, needed to be home on four occasions for pick up and delivery and made a 120km round trip to Sydney in my own time and at my expense. Do I blame Sony for this, no I blame the repairer. There where delays in obtaining parts so Sony is in part responsible but that accounted for 2 or 3 weeks out of 14.

This same repairer is an authorised service agent for Panasonic, Samsung, LG and others so I expect the same level of "service" would be provided no matter what brand was being repaired. I cannot claim for the 3.5 months lack of use of the TV or get a warranty extension. No way do I consider this process acceptable but I am a realist and understand that its now the way of the world, especially with today's cheap prices and low margins on TV's.

Would my experience dissuade me from purchasing another Sony, no. If Sony or pretty much any other manufacturer offered a product that appealed to me potential reliability or service difficulties would not dissuade me. The chances of a failure or major inconvenience with repair are still small so I'll take my chances and not worry about it.

Edited by Owen

Life stories aside... Along with vague hypothetical situations about a product being offered by a company that appeals to me or you... And situations that occur 4 and a half years down the track where environmental issues can take over...

If all the brands had an "appealing" product, with identical specs, at an identical price - I'm sure I wouldn't be buying the Samsung.

While it's true that if only Samsung offered that product I may still consider it, it wouldn't be an easy choice. In my case, the purple haze issue with bright images has now been reported by enough people for me to realise there are bigger problems in their design department than the odd bad unit. Will that stop me from buying another Samsung? Absolutely it will. There are plenty of different options for companies to take my money for "said" appealing products. To not do so will lead to complacency and worse [cough] support in the future. And I now fully expect to be calling in my 4 years extended warranty, probably when normal viewing has a purple tint to it!

And I wouldn't accuse another forum member of being impossible to satisfy, having gone through "the process". That would be rude.

Hi All I have a samsung series 7 and was wondering if you could disable the "preview" function on the guide.

Does the warranty start again, that is you get another 12 months with the new set or just a continuation of the existing warranty?

Nope just 2 months left on the warranty now :(

The service guys returned today. I'm surprised they replaced just the panel rather than swapping out the tv. At least it has appeared to fix the buzzing as well.

Life stories aside... Along with vague hypothetical situations about a product being offered by a company that appeals to me or you... And situations that occur 4 and a half years down the track where environmental issues can take over...

If all the brands had an "appealing" product, with identical specs, at an identical price - I'm sure I wouldn't be buying the Samsung.

While it's true that if only Samsung offered that product I may still consider it, it wouldn't be an easy choice. In my case, the purple haze issue with bright images has now been reported by enough people for me to realise there are bigger problems in their design department than the odd bad unit. Will that stop me from buying another Samsung? Absolutely it will. There are plenty of different options for companies to take my money for "said" appealing products. To not do so will lead to complacency and worse [cough] support in the future. And I now fully expect to be calling in my 4 years extended warranty, probably when normal viewing has a purple tint to it!

And I wouldn't accuse another forum member of being impossible to satisfy, having gone through "the process". That would be rude.

Very well put mate. I agree with everything you have written. The old saying "once bitten twice shy" has a lot of meaning here.

Hi All I have a samsung series 7 and was wondering if you could disable the "preview" function on the guide.

From memory you can't.

Mine has vertical lines appearing of fixed colour, first there was one line and now there are 7. The first one appeared when the set was 13 months old. For the first time in my life I bought an extended warranty but now I can't find the receipt. Myers won't do anything without the receipt. *%%#^#^

I found the receipt, it took more than a month to find it, miracles do happen. And now there are close to 20 lines on the screen. The service guy came and took it away, it needs a new panel. Rang back a week later, according to the service guy, the warranty people have said that the television is a "swap out", i.e. replace it with a new one as it would cost too much to replace the panel. I asked him what they were going to replace it with, he said they would just send a new TV to him and he would deliver it.

But they don't make this model anymore, so I am trying to contact the warrantly people to see what they intend to replace it with?

I found the receipt, it took more than a month to find it, miracles do happen. And now there are close to 20 lines on the screen. The service guy came and took it away, it needs a new panel. Rang back a week later, according to the service guy, the warranty people have said that the television is a "swap out", i.e. replace it with a new one as it would cost too much to replace the panel. I asked him what they were going to replace it with, he said they would just send a new TV to him and he would deliver it.

But they don't make this model anymore, so I am trying to contact the warrantly people to see what they intend to replace it with?

They have offered me a PS64D550. They are sending it tomorrow and I only found out because I rang the company.They were going to send it without any discussion. I told them to wait on sending it because I wanted to check out the TV they were offering, they said to ring back tonight because of the shipment tomorrow and that she would be there for another hour. I rang back 10 minutes later, and the after hours voicemail had been activated.

My feeling is the PS64D550 is an inferior TV to the PS63C7000. There is no black filter on the D550 where there is on the C7000. Not sure about the other specs because some of the D550 specs aren't mentioned on the C7000.

I bought the C7000 because it was their best plasma and I would like the D8000 as a replacement. Maybe I need to pony up the difference, but the D550 is $2999 retail and the D8000 is $4,299 and there's no way I'm paying $1300.

Would you accept a PS64D550 as a replacement for a PS63C7000.

Doesn't sound fair to me.

You paid good money for the C7000, top of the range and your replacement is going to be a 3 level down unit.

I'd complain.

The 550 is hardly this years equivalent to last years C7000, as you already know, the D8000 is.

Edited by miagi

The D8000 is equivalent to the C7000, they are virtually the same. No way the D550 is even in the same league as the 550 lacks the screen filter and AR coating.

thanks for the comments.

Their position is that the D550 and C7000 have equivalent specs.

Would prefer the TV repaired but apparently the C7000 panels are no longer available as a spare part.

time for some tough love with the warranty people.

I wouldn't take that D550 for a swap with a C7000.

No Anti-glare filter

No Real black filter

No Audio Return channel via HDMI

No Motion judder control

As stated, the D8000 is the closet thing to a C7000. I would not take anything less if my 50C7000 was being replaced.

milo,

I would never accept a D550 as a replacement for my C7000. I would be contacting the ACCC and Myer if they tried it.

The only replacement is the D8000.

This makes me angry because I also bought my C7000 from Myer and paid for the expensive extended warranty which was claimed by the Myer salesman to be the best out of all the extended warranties.

I wouldn't take that D550 for a swap with a C7000.

No Anti-glare filter

No Real black filter

No Audio Return channel via HDMI

No Motion judder control

As stated, the D8000 is the closet thing to a C7000. I would not take anything less if my 50C7000 was being replaced.

the Myer warranty people insist that the D550 is an upgrade on the C7000 and won't budge. I offered to pay a contribution towards the difference but they said they don't work that way.

I want the TV fixed, but they can't and will only replace it with a much cheaper and inferior TV.

I will now have to go through consumer affairs. Which means an extended time without a TV.

As Homer Simpson famously said, "extended warranty, how can I lose" as a indicator of his level of stupidity.

Given that the TV is only 16 months old and they no longer have panels, it makes Myer extended warranties very ordinary if by the time you need to use the extended warranty, the parts have run out, and they replace the TV with a low spec model.

This makes me angry because I also bought my C7000 from Myer and paid for the expensive extended warranty which was claimed by the Myer salesman to be the best out of all the extended warranties.

Myer salepeople :rolleyes: will tell you anything to get the sale.

Best warranty out there is actually JB hifi's. They state will replace with equivalent so if it is c 7000 series replaced with d8000. Friends 7000 had purple haze and replaced by JB with D8000 of similar screen size. No stress. Think lumley's is the insurance company.

Edited by Crist

Best warranty out there is actually JB hifi's. They state will replace with equivalent so if it is c 7000 series replaced with d8000. Friends 7000 had purple haze and replaced by JB with D8000 of similar screen size. No stress. Think lumley's is the insurance company.

As soon as I get home I'll be checking the fine print of our warranty and if it reads bad then I'll be phoning Myer management and tell them that their EW is garbage.

Our family has bought 3 TVs from Myer in the last year or so and all with Myer's 5yr EW.

Edited by Geforce

Hey Milo

I'd try and simplify this. Perhaps a phone call to Samsung, ask them to confirm that the D8000 is this years equivalent of last years C7000. Since that actually is the case, I'd imagine Samsung would concur. Even better, see if you can extract an email from them stating same. The email may be a bit of stretch, but I can't see getting verbal confirmation from Samsung to be a problem. Perhaps you can pose the question to Samsung in the guise of wanting to purchase either TV's from a retailer, i.e., "I'm in the market for a new TV, a retailer has a C7000 in stock and has stated it is the equivalent of this years D8000, is that the case?".

If you receive confirmation from Samsung, you'll bypass going through regulatory bodies which could be a prolonged process. Worst case, you could also try bluffing your way to a D8000 by stating Samsung has confirmed that is the case. I'm not advocating the bluff, I'm just saying Myer/insurance company is clearly trying to pull the wool over your eyes, so a taste of their own medicine may be just what is needed.

Good luck, and tell us how you get on.

As soon as I get home I'll be checking the fine print of our warranty and if it reads bad then I'll be phoning Myer management and tell them that their EW is garbage.

I managed to find the brochure for the EW. The United Electrical site doesn't give you much info. How surprising.

>>Replacement parts or products are "like for like" based on the same or similar features and specifications as the original to OUR opinion.

>>They may be new, reconditioned or non-original manufacturer's parts of similar kind and quality and may cost less than the original product.

>>In any claim where the product is replaced, the remainder of the Extended Warranty is terminated.

Where they say "OUR opinion" could be a contentious issue and does this mean the product could be replaced with a reconditioned one?

The only good feature of this EW is the Lemon Clause.

>>Where the product has had 3 separate repairs, on the fourth occasion the product will be replaced on a "like for like" basis.

Milo, your best defence is that the EW does say "same or similar features". As Mr.h264 pointed out, the D550 is lacking in some key specifications compared to the C7000.

Only the D8000 would be satisfactory.

Also, United Electrical could be testing you out to see if you accept the D550. Like a first offer.

Edited by Geforce

The warranty is a bit of an eye opener. Especially the part about terminating the warranty if they replace the TV. So if you are 3 months into a 4 year extended warranty, they replace the tv and the replacement fails, what then?

As you say GeForce, the warranty specifies like for like, which is presumably deliberately vague. Good suggestion overly taxed to go to Samsung.

Consumer affairs have recommended writing to United warranties with a cc to Myer and Samsung, setting out the claim and how the D8000 is the appropriate replacement as what they are offering is not equivalent. In that we expect XYZ features. And we give them 7 days. I think the suggestions from H.264 may be the key in terms of specifications. I wonder if there are any other differences.

The other aspect is that if you buy a warranty over the phone, you can't read the product disclosure before purchase so how can you agree to the terms. Your agreement i guess is implicit in the purchase. Maybe it's best to purchase an extended warranty through an independent reseller, not through Myer

One last thing, my discussion with the service manager at United was quite terse. He insisted that the D550 was a superior TV to the C7000, because the 550 had 3D where the C7000 didn't. It demonstrates how little he understood about the 2 TVs. His mind was made up independent of the specs.

Samsung's 12 month warranty means they will replace your set if deemed faulty beyond repair however many times within the 12 month warranty period. They may replace your tv 11 months into your Samsung warranty but doesn't mean you will get another 12 month's from the date they gave you another one, you get 12 months from the original date of purchase.

Once the extended warranty kicks in, it is then taken over and dealt with by a third party and in most contracts it usually states that when your tv is replaced your extended warranty is terminated. Bit of hard luck and considering there have been so many problems with Samsung's new range of plasma, the extended warranty will be good for one replacement and that's it. You'll have to take out another extended warranty. Sucks.

Your best outcome would be to get your money back within Samsung's warranty period and go and buy yourself a D8000. I managed to get my PS63C7000 fully refunded 5 months into my warranty but not without a **** fight with Samsung support. They have to be the worst bunch of idoit to deal with ever. Their service alone is another reason why I will never get a Samsung TV again.

In saying that, my brother bought a Samsung LED TV and has never had a problem with it.

Stay away from Samsung's plasma range.

Luck of the draw.