Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Yeah, normally id agree - in this instance Visa (or Chub Insurance) asked me to get all the quotes and everything and they re-imburse me the costs.

I rang the insurance company today and they agreed to cover the different - i did effectively negotiate instead of the insurance company having to pay for a $2300 repair to get samsung do an upgrade, but since i was covered under extended warrranty AND statutory warranty - dont see why i should be out of pocket at all. Seems they agreed..

That's good then, yeah, you shouldn't really be out of pocket in this situation.

I'm really loving my E8000, much more so than the C7000 mainly because the old TV buzzed louder, had horrible IR, and the aforementioned 50 Hz/CS MLL bug (although, given all that, it still had a great picture, well until the pink blotches started showing up anyway).

Yupp the forums have gone very quiet...

As per my prior posts have my c7000 fixed un jbhifi extended warranty.

Watching the other night and a white image came up on foxtel and lo and behold there's a flash of pink just like before they fixed.

Since then I've tried a heap of different tests and haven't been able to replicate problem.

blairy

Blairy, i would call them up and say you have experienced the same problems and would like a replacement. Cause it will progressively get worse and then you will be fighting a losing battle. Try putting something on white white background, movie with ice or snow in it.

Blairy, i would call them up and say you have experienced the same problems and would like a replacement. Cause it will progressively get worse and then you will be fighting a losing battle. Try putting something on white white background, movie with ice or snow in it.

Thanks aussiebalboa and I know you're right.

When it happened the first time I was easily able to replicate the problem using the guide and menus in foxtel as well as a couple of the tests on the Spears and Munsil calibration disc. Tried all that and can't get it to do it again.

Will watch it like a hawk and keep on testing regularly too. As you say it's only going to get worse.

Thanks

blairy

Is the 3D better on the new E8000 series over the C7000 or is it hard to tell a difference? Im assuming my 3D glasses that worked on the C7000 will work on the E8000?

I don't think the glasses will work, Samsung switched to universal glasses for the E series I think. Not a big fan of 3D, so can't really offer much of a comparison, but by all reports, the E8000's 3D capabilities are pretty solid. The included pair of glasses (the new SSG-4100GB) though, are pretty average/flimsy, but then you'd expect them to be considering they only retail for about $30 each.

I don't think the glasses will work, Samsung switched to universal glasses for the E series I think. Not a big fan of 3D, so can't really offer much of a comparison, but by all reports, the E8000's 3D capabilities are pretty solid. The included pair of glasses (the new SSG-4100GB) though, are pretty average/flimsy, but then you'd expect them to be considering they only retail for about $30 each.

This is one reason why I hope nothing happens to our 2010 63C7000 even though I paid for an extra 4 yr warranty. I've been very happy with it so far. It's as quiet as a mouse, I can't see any fault with the 3D picture and all up we have eight sets of 3D glasses thanks to Myer and Samsung give-aways. In one sitting we have used six sets of 3D glasses to watch a movie.

I have even bought a pair of spare remote controls after our original one was too close to a heater. This guy here sells original "Made in Korea" C7000 remotes for $13 each incl delivery.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130614220995?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I don't want to go through the hassle of the TV warranty repair/replacement pain so I'm hoping for another few years of trouble free television before upgrading.

Edited by Geforce

Update: Paid Samsung the Exchange fee of $293 and got confirmation from Visa (extended warranty under visa) today that they will reimburse me (including money order cost) to my account tomorrow. So getting rid of the old C7000 and getting the New E8000 64" Plasma. No cost to me :) Took a few weeks, lots of emails and follow ups - but worth it in the end. Let you guys know when i take delivery.

Guys, moved into the new house....and Samsung delivered the new tv. 1inch bigger and feels about 1kg lighter than the ps7000c ...picture is amazing and the interface is sensational. Love the remotes, havent set up voice controls yet, but will get around to it this week. Amazing how much technology changes between 2010 and 2012. Samsung Smart TV A+++

• 1 month later...

Hey all, a green line just appeared on my 63c7000. It's still under warranty through jb hifi . Just wanted to know if anyone has been through the warranty process with jb.

well Jb Hifi service is coming to pick it up next week. Just in time for my scheduled 2 weeks holiday :( Does anyone know of a place where I can rent a tv for a couple of weeks?

• 1 month later...

even though the forums gone dead (and I thinik I'm talking to myself) just thought i'd let you guys know the conclusion. Good warranty experiance (even though it took a while) they will be replacing the tv with the PS64E8000. So no complaints here. They said it should arrive sometime next week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

post-22643-0-40510300-1353794044_thumb.j

I bought this Samsung WIS12abgnx wireless adapter for our plasma and am very happy with the performance.

TinTin (2012) 1080P stream -no problems

Avengers (2012) 1080P stream -no problems

Prometheus (2012) 1080P stream -no problems

No more getting nagged about the hdmi cable and ethernet cable running across the lounge floor from the computer to the TV.

Wireless streaming 1080P video and wireless Internet works great.

I think the new Samsung Smart TVs have wifi built in, not sure though.

Btw, My Billion 7800N modem/router is using Wireless-N protocol on the 2.4ghz channel. I thought I was going to need a 5ghz router to stream 1080P but I was wrong.

Edited by Geforce

• 3 weeks later...

Is a cracked screen repairable/replaceable on this model? Ours was bumped and it fell forward and cracked the screen in a few places.

I just checked our home/contents insurance policy and it doesn't cover accidental damage.

The TV's power light works and the start up and power down chimes both sound but no picture of course.

Update:

Got a price over the phone. Approx total is $2500, which is for screen, shipping, labour. A lot more than I expected.

Edited by Phantoma

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pink band - second time around. Luckily is still covered by extended warranty. Hopefully they wont replace panel again!

Extended warranty people wanted to replace TV (PS58C7000) with low end LG Plasma, I pushed back and tried to get then to replace with Samsung E8000, but they wouldn't. In the end they said they would repair or cash settle - I took the cash as I have no confidence issue will be repaired in the long term.

Thanks to Matt at The Cable Connection I got a very good price on the new PS60E8000 so am only about $350 out of pocket. Purchased on credit card that doubles warranty, and with new consumer warranty laws I didn't bother with extended warranty - absolute PITA dealing with them anyway.

• 2 months later...