Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

So it delivers a good gaming experience? Get any IR playing games?

It's pretty sweet for gaming. Bigger certainly is better! No problems with IR. I've only ever noticed the very, very faintest of IR. You've got to be looking pretty hard to even see it, & then it's gone in a matter of seconds. My panel is still quite young though.

Andys.

Think I have made up my mind finally hahaha

And my next TV will be......

Samsung PS63C7000

Now time to get the best price and deal. If only the promotion was still on.

Anyone seen this TV with the starter pack and 3D bluray player from the store not samsung?

Best price?

Think I have made up my mind finally hahaha

And my next TV will be......

Samsung PS63C7000

Now time to get the best price and deal. If only the promotion was still on.

Anyone seen this TV with the starter pack and 3D bluray player from the store not samsung?

Best price?

Mate I tried to tell you to get this TV remember. Should of pulled the trigger when the promo was on.

I think I will Get the (Panasonic)3D demo file (arround 18G)on next week...and share to us,,

I hope it can play in our samsung!! :D

Anyone knows panasonic 3D demo can play on samsung Tv or not??

Thanks

I know that the samsung 3D demo clip wont work on the Panasonic tv so it will be interesting to see if it does work.

Mate I tried to tell you to get this TV remember. Should of pulled the trigger when the promo was on.

I know I know but it is still a lot if $$$ so I don't want to make a mistake.

Just timed the solid static logo on fix sports when watching super Saturday nrl and it says on the screen with out a break for approx 1 hour then the break happens and then it's back on again. This should be safe hey?

I know I know but it is still a lot if $$$ so I don't want to make a mistake.

Just timed the solid static logo on fix sports when watching super Saturday nrl and it says on the screen with out a break for approx 1 hour then the break happens and then it's back on again. This should be safe hey?

no mistake there. i watch super saturday. no dramas

hmm guys, I purchased a Astone AP-110d and for some reason when I plug it into the TV or the Reciever via HDMI my anynet feature switches off. Any body know why? I dont think i can live without the anynet feature...

slickstar mate, mine's doing exactly the same thing. Anynet was working perfectly with the blu-ray player until I plugged in the AP-110d. I've tried 3 different HDMI cables (2 x 1.3b, 1 x 1.4) with the same result. My PVR doesn't affect it at all.

I can actually unplug the AP-110d from power but as soon as the HDMI is plugged into it the Anynet scan looses the blu-ray player.

I'll be contacting Samsung about this one - I just hope it isn't some flaw with the AP-110d HDMI coz I can't live without Anynet either to the point where I might unplug the AP-110d HDMI until I need to use it.

I know that the samsung 3D demo clip wont work on the Panasonic tv so it will be interesting to see if it does work.

I will got Pana Demo file later...let me test first ...If it is work in our Samsung TV...I will share the file to ours!! :rolleyes:

But have you paid in full before/on the 30th June? If not, you can kiss your free 3d BR and Glasses goodbye.

:) The devil is in the detail. I'm guessing he didn't read the T&C's. As much as I didn't want to, I went and paid the balance of mine on the 30th for this very reason.

Matt

On friday i received my replacement 58 inch PS58 Plasma for Buzzing Issues. Replacement is pretty much the same.

The old one had a buzz on the back of the tv along with the front directional buzzing. This one hardly has any buzz on the back left but the directional buzz is still there which can be heard from a few feet away.

Pretty disappointed as its pretty annoying, especially when listening on low level volume. Lied my head on the floor and pretty much hear nothing. But the way i normally watch tv its definitely there along with gaming. It definitely varies depending on the picture displayed.

Bing Lee who replaced it were pretty good as they delivered the replacement at no extra charge. I had to speak with Samsung who said there should be no buzzing from the front of the screen and its most likely a manufacturing defect and to replace with the store.

I'm gonna give samsung another call, maybe get a tech out see if its a simple fix, if not gonna have to take it back to the store and consider another brand of TV. Shame as this one has one hell of a fine display.

Anyone else with buzzing issues get it sorted with samsung/replacement tv?

Yep getting both , I still registered but noted I haven't received the TV yet on line.

It may pay you to ring them and try and sort it out if you are still expecting the bonuses.

As others have said, the terms and conditions state that you must pay in full before the 30th June.

Here are the relevant bits:

"3.The promotion commences on 1 May 2010 and closes at 5:00 pm AEST on 30 June 2010 (“Offer Period”).

4.To be eligible to claim, eligible claimants must purchase a selected Samsung television (models detailed below) (“Participating Product”) from any participating Australian retail store during the Offer Period. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, “purchase” means payment in full of the Participating Product."

But have you paid in full before/on the 30th June? If not, you can kiss your free 3d BR and Glasses goodbye.

I still registered and there is a link on the web site that you click to say the TV hasn't arrived. This was also verified by Samsung as well that full payment wasn't necessary as there was no ETA. There is no point in paying the whole amount as it asks for a serial number to finalise the deal. How are you going to give them a serial number without the tv ?

Even if that was the case there is no way in hell I would be paying for something in full with no ETA, no matter how good the give away is.

It may pay you to ring them and try and sort it out if you are still expecting the bonuses.

As others have said, the terms and conditions state that you must pay in full before the 30th June.

Here are the relevant bits:

"3.The promotion commences on 1 May 2010 and closes at 5:00 pm AEST on 30 June 2010 (“Offer Period”).

4.To be eligible to claim, eligible claimants must purchase a selected Samsung television (models detailed below) (“Participating Product”) from any participating Australian retail store during the Offer Period. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, “purchase” means payment in full of the Participating Product."

They will not verify it unless you have paid in full. A deposit is not a purchase.

A word of warning the person you talk to on the phone has NFI. The behind the scenes staff are fully versed in the conditions. However they may still honour the claim depending on how incompentent the Sammy employee/agent is :) bt don't be surprised if they tell you that you account cannot proceed.

Edited by CC Rider

They will not verify it unless you have paid in full. A deposit is not a purchase.

A word of warning the person you talk to on the phone has NFI. The behind the scenes staff are fully versed in the conditions. However they may still honour the claim depending on how incompentent the Sammy employee/agent is :) bt don't be surprised if they tell you that you account cannot proceed.

See the above post :rolleyes:

See the above post :rolleyes:

I saw your post above :rolleyes: . I have experienced Samsungs customer service. If you receive the verification email which instructs you to pay for the delivery of the bonus then you have pulled it off. However that stage involves people who will scrutinise your application including if the receipt indicates the set was paid for in full.

Anyhow I agree with what you are saying as you should not be required to pay for something in full if you haven't received it.

Edited by CC Rider

I agree with what you are saying as you should not be required to pay for something in full if you haven't received it.

i agree as above but i paid in full with credit card just to make sure prior to delivery.

however as the " condition of redemption" is pay in full to claim, then so you should just to be safe.

Edited by oz-dxer

slickstar mate, mine's doing exactly the same thing. Anynet was working perfectly with the blu-ray player until I plugged in the AP-110d. I've tried 3 different HDMI cables (2 x 1.3b, 1 x 1.4) with the same result. My PVR doesn't affect it at all.

I can actually unplug the AP-110d from power but as soon as the HDMI is plugged into it the Anynet scan looses the blu-ray player.

I'll be contacting Samsung about this one - I just hope it isn't some flaw with the AP-110d HDMI coz I can't live without Anynet either to the point where I might unplug the AP-110d HDMI until I need to use it.

Hey, keep us updated with what samsung say.I want this issue fixed too. BTW what receiver do you have? ive got the onkyo 568 or 508. cant recall lol

I still registered and there is a link on the web site that you click to say the TV hasn't arrived. This was also verified by Samsung as well that full payment wasn't necessary as there was no ETA. There is no point in paying the whole amount as it asks for a serial number to finalise the deal. How are you going to give them a serial number without the tv ?

Even if that was the case there is no way in hell I would be paying for something in full with no ETA, no matter how good the give away is.

Did you receive an email from Samsung with a unique claim code? If you didn't, and you don't have the above information in writing, then I don't fancy your chances sorry mate.

I wish you luck with it though!