Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

+1

The number of positive reviews from AVS and from some European countries was enough to convince me.

I agree as it was the same with me since I trust the AV forum opinions over official reviews. Just surprised none of the official TV reviewing websites have reviewed them yet and would like to know what some of their thoughts were including more official black level measurements on this panel...

Edited by kronosx

Rubbish!

Dont believe

So you refuse to believe that he paid $3630 for the PS63C7000 with 5 years warranty and delivery?

That's up to you, but I for one am just pleased that others are getting decent prices on these sets.

Edited by purpleninja

I agree as it was the same with me since I trust the AV forum opinions over official reviews. Just surprised none of the official TV reviewing websites have reviewed them yet and would like to know what some of their thoughts were including more official black level measurements on this panel...

I read on AVS a few weeks ago that the reason there weren't any pro reviews of the plasmas was because Samsung hadn't gotten around to delivering test sets to the reviewers.

No green speckles on blacks here Evan with contrast test pattern. Settings I use are standard, cell light ten, contrast 85%, edge enhancement 0, color 44, dynamic contrast off, - have not done a formal calibration yet. With regards to power usage I think 2d to 3d conversion burns through wattage - cell light goes to 20 to obviously brighten pic up for the grey lenses on glasses - Evan then I see no green spots in blacks up close. Perhaps a firmware upgrade is needed to get over this problem - my set has latest firmware.

Also wonder if anyone actually ordered through GameOn...or we all just used them to get us better deals :D

haha - yup just for better deals :D

Allowed me to get $3629 inc warranty and delivery from GG after quoting them lol

No green speckles on blacks here Evan with contrast test pattern. Settings I use are standard, cell light ten, contrast 85%, edge enhancement 0, color 44, dynamic contrast off, - have not done a formal calibration yet. With regards to power usage I think 2d to 3d conversion burns through wattage - cell light goes to 20 to obviously brighten pic up for the grey lenses on glasses - Evan then I see no green spots in blacks up close. Perhaps a firmware upgrade is needed to get over this problem - my set has latest firmware.

Good to hear and thanks for the feedback.

I see on the Samsung UK site that they have a new firmware update for their C7000 Plasma's. Wonder if we will get the same one soon for Aus.

Any further comments regarding gaming and input lag on this TV?

I know the Game Mode on the LCD's look terrible once engaged and I would prefer to avoid using this setting on the Plasma's if the lag is not noticeable under normal gaming conditions.

Any further comments regarding gaming and input lag on this TV?

I know the Game Mode on the LCD's look terrible once engaged and I would prefer to avoid using this setting on the Plasma's if the lag is not noticeable under normal gaming conditions.

No gaming lag but only tried red dead redemption and Alan wake. The ultimate test wool be guitar hero. I did not see a game option in set up menu like on my b850 -but was not looking for it as only tried games briefly to check the 2d to 3d conversion.

rumour has it that Samsung were getting Sued by Sharp for the Full Backlit LED patent so Samsung had to drop it for this year...

Sharp have already won their law suit against Samsung for patent infringmnet.

interesting that Sharp themselves do not have Full Backlit and only Edge Lit for all their 2010 models though...

Sharp LED LCD's are full backlit not edge lit, however they don't use local dimming.

http://www.sharp.net.au/product-catalogue/...klight-lcd-tvs/

BAD NEWS: checked out three demo models @ Bing Lee, JB and HN. The green speckle issue that few other members have talked about was clearly visible on all three units, even from 3m. All three units looked shocking!!! I was ready to cancel my order. Sales person at HN tried telling me that the Plasma was no good and i should buy the LED. :lol:

Source at Bing Lee and HN was MvA via Samsung 3D blu-ray player. JB had 3D Demo via USB

GREAT NEWS: After getting my hands on the remote i discovered the green speckle only appears when converting a 3D source back to 2D (useless feature anyway). All three stores had it configured in this manner and it was not doing the TV any justice.

2D (not 3D converted back to 2D) PQ is amazing and best i've seen on any Plasma. Crisp clear image with no speckles, even from less than 1m.

3D, and 2D to 3D looked as good, if not better than LED model.

Very Happy

When I was in DJ Sydney I actually noticed the green speckles on the top right section of the 63". At the time, the tv was displaying the blu ray menu of M v A. This was not something I noticed when the movie was playing.

Sharp have already won their law suit against Samsung for patent infringmnet.

Yes I heard, but most likely not settled in time for them to implement Full Backlit for 2010 models. Perhaps we'll see the return of Full Backlit in Sammy's 2011 lines...

Sharp LED LCD's are full backlit not edge lit, however they don't use local dimming.

http://www.sharp.net.au/product-catalogue/...klight-lcd-tvs/

The Aus Sharp site are still displaying 2009 models. All their new upcoming 2010 Quad Pixel LED LCD's are edge lit.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/article.php?su...p;id=1268055889

No gaming lag but only tried red dead redemption and Alan wake. The ultimate test wool be guitar hero. I did not see a game option in set up menu like on my b850 -but was not looking for it as only tried games briefly to check the 2d to 3d conversion.

Apparently the Game Mode option is hidden amongst the General Settings menu's.

BAD NEWS: checked out three demo models @ Bing Lee, JB and HN. The green speckle issue that few other members have talked about was clearly visible on all three units, even from 3m. All three units looked shocking!!! I was ready to cancel my order. Sales person at HN tried telling me that the Plasma was no good and i should buy the LED. :lol:

Source at Bing Lee and HN was MvA via Samsung 3D blu-ray player. JB had 3D Demo via USB

GREAT NEWS: After getting my hands on the remote i discovered the green speckle only appears when converting a 3D source back to 2D (useless feature anyway). All three stores had it configured in this manner and it was not doing the TV any justice.

2D (not 3D converted back to 2D) PQ is amazing and best i've seen on any Plasma. Crisp clear image with no speckles, even from less than 1m.

Very Happy

Very interesting and thanks for the feedback. Will keep an eye out for this when I check out a display model today. Could current owners confirm this phenomenon?

Wonder if the stores are deliberately setting them up like this to sabotage Plasma sales for LED... :o Oh well...more stock for the rest of us then :D

Bought my 50" from HN Auburn last night. Not a preorder. They had one in stock and one on display. Had to pay $2200 for the tv and $50 for wireless dongle. They know the demand and just don't budge on the price.

After rushing to their warehouse at their closing time we found out It's too big for my CRV's boot. Today I'll take child seats off and fold back seats down and go again.can't wait to set it up. My only concern is buzzing. Hope I will not buzz.

I'm VERY happy to announce that my 63 is being delivered this Friday!!! Could have gotten it tomorrow if I wanted to but unfortunately I won't be home for delivery.

Yippee-kay-ay....WORLD CUP in 63" 3D (for some games) glory!!

I'm in Brisbane by the way.

Kitcho,

Can you tell me where in Bris you got yours from and do they have any on demo. I ordered mine from HN Browns plains and patiently waiting but would love to see one in action before I take delivery of mine.

Edited by lycon79

Very Happy

the strange thing was, both the led and the plasma were converting 3d to 2d, but only the plasma had the green speckles.. I was very disappointed, I'm going back today to have another look and reconsider getting an LED

Bought my 50" from HN Auburn last night. Not a preorder. They had one in stock and one on display. Had to pay $2200 for the tv and $50 for wireless dongle. They know the demand and just don't budge on the price.

Congrats :)

You'll forget about the price once you have it at home, and it's still a very good price for a 50" TV + free 3d BD player and 4 sets of glasses!

My only concern is buzzing. Hope I will not buzz.

I hope you won't buzz, and I also hope your TV doesn't buzz :P

Very Happy

Interesting - thanks for the info. Very good to know. You were starting to get me worried for the first half of your post!

Very interesting and thanks for the feedback. Will keep an eye out for this when I check out a display model today. Could current owners confirm this phenomenon?

Wonder if the stores are deliberately setting them up like this to sabotage Plasma sales for LED... :o Oh well...more stock for the rest of us then :D

More likely is that they just set it up very badly!

Kitcho,

Can you tell me where in Bris you got yours from and do they have any on demo. I ordered mine from HN Browns plains and patiently waiting but would love to see one in action before I take delivery of mine.

Hi Lycon79,

I'm from around Browns plain area. Just wondering how much did you pay for your 63" sammy at HN Browns Plain.

Cheers!

the strange thing was, both the led and the plasma were converting 3d to 2d, but only the plasma had the green speckles.. I was very disappointed, I'm going back today to have another look and reconsider getting an LED

If this really is an issue...it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I have no intention of ever converting 3D to 2D. As long as the 2D to 3D conversion looks great (and from all reports it works beautifully) then I'm happy.

If this really is an issue...it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I have no intention of ever converting 3D to 2D. As long as the 2D to 3D conversion looks great (and from all reports it works beautifully) then I'm happy.

Agreed. The 3D to 2D function is supposed to only be used when you want to watch for eg a broadcasted 3D transmission but do not have any/enough 3D glasses or want to watch it normally in 2D. This scenario will be very rare for most people.

Interesting - thanks for the info. Very good to know. You were starting to get me worried for the first half of your post!

More likely is that they just set it up very badly!

The real test would be to see what happens after you tell the sales guys how to fix this issue and whether they leave it on the 3D-2D setting or not <_<