Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Well I went to JB, Myer and HN today and man - staff are really uninformed and know very little about their products or what's coming.

Myer and JB both said the "The biggest Samsung TV is 55". I pointed out that there is a plasma version at 63" can they please quote me on that. After checking their system they obviosuly found out they were wrong. The cheapest price I could get on the spot was $3450 from JB but until they get a "true" price as in have stock they couldn't go lower just yet. He did say though that once stock arrives it should be doable for $3300 at least.

Myer indicated the cost price was around $3200 and they couldn't go lower then that. They wouldn't tell me the exact figure except when I pointed out it was $3399 from Gameon and could they match it they said they wont do online retailers but they will match a quote from JB or someplace. He did say that even if JB came back with $3300 they could better it slightly as it is just above cost.

I really wish I just would have gotten it from Digitalcentre though for $3499 with the 5 year warranty. All other places quote around $400 for an additional 4 years warranty :(

Well if you didn't buy it outright today you may as well add another $800 to the price as the promo offer of the Sammy 6900 3d br player plus x2 pair of 3d glasses ends today.

So Yeah explains why their will be a small price drop soon. http://samsung-customer-rewards.com.au/3DTV/

I queried it with their CC office and he told me that April 30 was the cut-off. I was confused as I read it differently meaning eligible sets purchased (paid in full by Samsungs definition) before May1 will be valid and that the offer commenced May1. Not so according to him. :o

Edited by CC Rider

Guest johnjones

Lol wtf??? I seriously think (and hope) that the dude you were talking to has made a mistake, what is the point of having a promotion that no one has heard about (if they don't go online) for products that aren't even in stock at most of the retailers? Why say "if you have purchased prior to 1st May .... you are still valid to claim this bonus" instead of just "this offer actually ends on the 1st May, SUCKERS"

EDIT: Oh wait, you're just joking .....

Edited by johnjones

Well if you didn't buy it outright today you may as well add another $800 to the price as the promo offer of the Sammy 6900 3d br player plus x2 pair of 3d glasses ends today.

So Yeah explains why their will be a small price drop soon. http://samsung-customer-rewards.com.au/3DTV/

I queried it with their CC office and he told me that April 30 was the cut-off. I was confused as I read it differently meaning eligible sets purchased (paid in full by Samsungs definition) before May1 will be valid and that the offer commenced May1. Not so according to him. :o

If you're not joking then I'd say that the guy you spoke to was mistaken.

A number of the eligible models aren't even released until June, so the promo will have to be running at least until then.

If you're not joking then I'd say that the guy you spoke to was mistaken.

A number of the eligible models aren't even released until June, so the promo will have to be running at least until then.

I pointed this out but obviously lost in translation. This would have been translated from Korean to English so I guess it is possible he was right.

PS I don't like to joke about things like this.

I pointed this out but obviously lost in translation. This would have been translated from Korean to English so I guess it is possible he was right.

PS I don't like to joke about things like this.

I didn't think you were joking but I thought I might have missed something as johnjones thought you were.

If it does end today, Samsung will reconsider if they have any sense as it is a pointless promo otherwise.

Also they need to give people everything they need to watch 3D as to expect people to buy a new TV and then shell out for a 3D BD player when there is next to no content is asking a but much.

Plus if they're going for market share against Panasonic and the others they need to have a decent promo as well as good prices.

I'd be very surprised if they did end it today.

Here's to hoping I don't get surprised! :)

I didn't think you were joking but I thought I might have missed something as johnjones thought you were.

If it does end today, Samsung will reconsider if they have any sense as it is a pointless promo otherwise.

Also they need to give people everything they need to watch 3D as to expect people to buy a new TV and then shell out for a 3D BD player when there is next to no content is asking a but much.

Plus if they're going for market share against Panasonic and the others they need to have a decent promo as well as good prices.

I'd be very surprised if they did end it today.

Here's to hoping I don't get surprised! :)

Please let me know the PsXX C-7000 Use All share function need~~~Samsung LinkStick Wireless USB LAN Adapter - WIS09ABGNX~~~or not????

Thanks

$3200 + $499 - ~$80 = ~$3620

And that's assuming zero discounting on their extended warranty.

Myer do discount their extended warranties so this could become even lower.

Ah yes, my calculator i broken :o , but isnt it $20 for every $1000 spent, so -$60 bringing it to $3640?

Ah yes, my calculator i broken :o , but isnt it $20 for every $1000 spent, so -$60 bringing it to $3640?

I approximated that if you're spending $3700 on the TV that you could spend another $300 at Myer during the year and get the additional $20.

Either way, the discount off the extended warranty would be more than $20 here or there so it could easily be less than $3600

These will be under $3k in no time. that's great value for a top line 63" plasma screen...My upgraditis is starting to itch! :)
May I humbly suggest some 63" balm for that itch sir

You better both be careful as it is highly contagious, even more so with the cold winter months fast approaching. :P

BTW, a vaccine is not due until 2050 :ninja:

May I humbly suggest some 63" balm for that itch sir

Panasonic's 65" balm may provide similar relief, though 6 months to wait is a loooooong time.

Or am I confusing my balm for a little blue pill :ninja:

Edited by diesel

Panasonic's 65" balm may provide similar relief, though 6 months to wait is a loooooong time.

Or am I confusing my balm for a little blue pill :ninja:

Definitely, but I doubt whether the 2010 Panasonic 65" will be as cheap as the 2010 63" Samsung.

That said, Samsung have moved first so Panasonic could easily take the game to them and drop their prices before release of their 2010 plasma range.

Either way, a battle for market share is good for us customers.

Little blue pill or large screen TV eh? .... I suppose both will keep you up all night :P

Samsung registration website is up and running!!! All aboard...the 3d train !!

No thanks I'll pass, wake me when Samsung release something worthwhile.

Edited by Owen

The T&C of the Samsung offer confirm that online purchases aren't eligible for the free blu-ray player and glasses. If JB are already willing to offer prices close to what online is offering, I think I will wait for retail stores to get stock and then buy in person. Even if they are slightly higher, that will be outweighed by the bonus.

The T&C of the Samsung offer confirm that online purchases aren't eligible for the free blu-ray player and glasses. If JB are already willing to offer prices close to what online is offering, I think I will wait for retail stores to get stock and then buy in person. Even if they are slightly higher, that will be outweighed by the bonus.

I will be waiting until I can view the TVs (both LCD and plasma) before deciding, and will also get it from a offline retail store. I think the normal stores will be pretty competitive once they start getting stock.

I can't see online being $900 (the value of the promo is mean to be $900) cheaper than normal retail.

No thanks I'll pass, wake me when Samsung release something worthwhile.

wtf is the point of your posts here (this thread)? Yes everyone who reads these forums knows you dont like 3D or Samsung. Please stop posting useless posts that merely server to get your post count up as for the purpose of this thread it is completely unhelpful and you are just repeating yourself.

I will be waiting until I can view the TVs (both LCD and plasma) before deciding, and will also get it from a offline retail store. I think the normal stores will be pretty competitive once they start getting stock.

I can't see online being $900 (the value of the promo is mean to be $900) cheaper than normal retail.

Hi ~~purpleninja,And ~~Gester

If I would like to buy ~~63C7000~on Middle of may..How much is reasonable pricewithPS63C7000 with 1yr Warranty

~~~1pcs Samsung BDP-3600 HD Blu-ray player

~~~ 3D Bonus Pack

(PS... no the cheapest)

Thanks

Edited by Mick Lam

If I would like to buy ~~63C7000~on Middle of may..How much is reasonable price

PS63C7000 with 1yr Warranty

~~~ 3D Bonus Pack

(PS... no the cheapest)

Thanks

Edited by Mick Lam

If I would like to buy ~~63C7000~on Middle of may..How much is reasonable pricewithPS63C7000 with 1yr Warranty

~~~ 3D Bonus Pack

(PS... no the cheapest)

Thanks

If you want to qualify for the BD player promo you cannot purchase from an online retailer according to the T&Cs of the Samsung promo.

So your best bet is to wait 2 weeks and see what the prices are from Myer, David Jones, JB, Bing Lee, etc.

Then you can try to get them to price match the best price you've seen online.

There will be some flexibility so they will bring their prices down.

I think less than $3500 is possible

If you want to qualify for the BD player promo you cannot purchase from an online retailer according to the T&Cs of the Samsung promo.

So your best bet is to wait 2 weeks and see what the prices are from Myer, David Jones, JB, Bing Lee, etc.

Then you can try to get them to price match the best price you've seen online.

There will be some flexibility so they will bring their prices down.

I think less than $3500 is possible

OK...Follow You!!

Thanks!!