Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Got mine on order through digital centre. Managed to place my order the first day they posted. Getting it for $3498 with 5 year warranty. They have told me and two others at my work that the delivery date is the first couple of weeks of May. I cancelled my order of the pana 58"v to switch to this plasma. Looking forward to the free pair of glasses/MvA and I've already entered my email address for the free 3d bluray plyr/2 pairs of glasses. I don't think a better deal can be found. Panasonic will really have to impress with quality and giveways when their 58's and 65's finally ship towards the end of the year.

purpleninja...........

You have not recommend this two online store to me....may be have some reason??

I haven't heard much about gameon.net so I didn't put them down.

I recommend doing a search on whirlpool for any online retailer you are considering purchasing a large item from. If people have good or bad experiences with them you will find info on there.

I recommend doing a search on whirlpool for any online retailer you are considering purchasing a large item from. If people have good or bad experiences with them you will find info on there.

Digitalcentre is hit and miss. Quite alot of people dont have any problem - yet some have extremely bad issues. Personally it should be used to match with other retailers :)

Pity about the price going back up to $3749 though :(

Got mine on order through digital centre. Managed to place my order the first day they posted. Getting it for $3498 with 5 year warranty. They have told me and two others at my work that the delivery date is the first couple of weeks of May. I cancelled my order of the pana 58"v to switch to this plasma. Looking forward to the free pair of glasses/MvA and I've already entered my email address for the free 3d bluray plyr/2 pairs of glasses. I don't think a better deal can be found. Panasonic will really have to impress with quality and giveways when their 58's and 65's finally ship towards the end of the year.

hope it goes well for you.

Have you asked them who their extended warranty is through.

I would check the credentials of that free warranty.

I have had this sitting in a checkout basket at gameon for the last few days. At $3500 delivered, its a great price, but my hand has been stayed because i) I have never heard of these guys and can't find much feedback about them anywhere and ii) buying a TV sight unseen is rarely a good idea IMO.

Still, I keep lingering over the "checkout" button :lol:

Guest johnjones

The only differences between the series 7 and 8 3D plasmas in the US are the "Real Black Filter" and "Brushed Titanium/Black Finish". Since the Series 7 in Australia has that filter, I'm guessing we're not getting a series 8 this year.

I'm just surprised they're so cheap compared to Panasonic's 2010 lineup.

hope it goes well for you.

Have you asked them who their extended warranty is through.

I would check the credentials of that free warranty.

I've done my investigations re: the warranty suppliers, and I found that it's the same mob Myer uses. Although, it's not really a warranty, it's more like an insurance policy.

Here's a link I found on Digital Centres website:

first Digital Centres Page:

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/851305/3...-plasma-tv.html

and at the bottum, you'll find the link:

http://www.unitedelectrical.com.au/products.htm

Here's a link to "United Electrical's" Myer warranty form:

http://www.unitedelectrical.com.au/myer/fr...giStration.aspx

And I have asked and they've assured me it's an extension(meaning the same rules apply) of the manufacturers warranty.

Although, I did find in some text "power surges, power spikes" will not be covered, so I'll have to get a surge protector. But if that kills the TV, then home insurance should cover it.

The only differences between the series 7 and 8 3D plasmas in the US are the "Real Black Filter" and "Brushed Titanium/Black Finish". Since the Series 7 in Australia has that filter, I'm guessing we're not getting a series 8 this year.

I'm just surprised they're so cheap compared to Panasonic's 2010 lineup.

They're trying to capture market share from their main competitor in the plasma market - Panasonic.

They saw how competitive Panasonic's 65" was in 2009 so they've preemptively undercut them and also beatem them to market with a 3D plasma offering.

They're trying to capture market share from their main competitor in the plasma market - Panasonic.

They saw how competitive Panasonic's 65" was in 2009 so they've preemptively undercut them and also beatem them to market with a 3D plasma offering.

here here, i totally agree. It will be interesting to see what Panasonic do. with their larger teles.

Well I went to JB, Myer and HN today and man - staff are really uninformed and know very little about their products or what's coming.

Myer and JB both said the "The biggest Samsung TV is 55". I pointed out that there is a plasma version at 63" can they please quote me on that. After checking their system they obviosuly found out they were wrong. The cheapest price I could get on the spot was $3450 from JB but until they get a "true" price as in have stock they couldn't go lower just yet. He did say though that once stock arrives it should be doable for $3300 at least.

Myer indicated the cost price was around $3200 and they couldn't go lower then that. They wouldn't tell me the exact figure except when I pointed out it was $3399 from Gameon and could they match it they said they wont do online retailers but they will match a quote from JB or someplace. He did say that even if JB came back with $3300 they could better it slightly as it is just above cost.

I really wish I just would have gotten it from Digitalcentre though for $3499 with the 5 year warranty. All other places quote around $400 for an additional 4 years warranty :(

Digitalcentre is hit and miss. Quite alot of people dont have any problem - yet some have extremely bad issues. Personally it should be used to match with other retailers :)

Pity about the price going back up to $3749 though :(

Gester....Thanks,

Total agree~~~~~ Quite alot of people dont have any problem ~~~

I will compare again and again....

Thanks

purpleninja........I will search it...

Thanks

I really wish I just would have gotten it from Digitalcentre though for $3499 with the 5 year warranty. All other places quote around $400 for an additional 4 years warranty :(

Be patient dude :P

We are only 8-9 weeks away from the EOFY, prices will be sharp.

Well I went to JB, Myer and HN today and man - staff are really uninformed and know very little about their products or what's coming.

Myer and JB both said the "The biggest Samsung TV is 55". I pointed out that there is a plasma version at 63" can they please quote me on that. After checking their system they obviosuly found out they were wrong. The cheapest price I could get on the spot was $3450 from JB but until they get a "true" price as in have stock they couldn't go lower just yet. He did say though that once stock arrives it should be doable for $3300 at least.

Myer indicated the cost price was around $3200 and they couldn't go lower then that. They wouldn't tell me the exact figure except when I pointed out it was $3399 from Gameon and could they match it they said they wont do online retailers but they will match a quote from JB or someplace. He did say that even if JB came back with $3300 they could better it slightly as it is just above cost.

I ordered mine from Digital Centre for the $3498(inc the extra 4yr warranty) then checked the website each day for approx the next week. the price jumped up twice, once to $3550(i think) then to the price it is now. Still, they're the cheapest around(when you take into account the warranty). Even if you're able to get it for $3200 from Myer, my dealings with them shows they don't really budge on the warranty price.(of $499).

Good luck, i'll be very interested to see what you're able to get it for.

I ordered mine from Digital Centre for the $3498(inc the extra 4yr warranty) then checked the website each day for approx the next week. the price jumped up twice, once to $3550(i think) then to the price it is now. Still, they're the cheapest around(when you take into account the warranty). Even if you're able to get it for $3200 from Myer, my dealings with them shows they don't really budge on the warranty price.(of $499).

Good luck, i'll be very interested to see what you're able to get it for.

If purchasing from Myer bear in mind that you can get $20 back for every $1000 you spend if you get their free Myer One card.