Samsung 2010 Pricing For Oz

The C8000 specs haven't been posted on the AU site yet.

You are looking at the specs for last year's B8000 model on the AU site.

The AU C8000 should be the same as the US C8000 when it comes here.

Apparently they are appearing in stores now so you might be able to view one

RRP for the C8000 46" is $4299

Available for ~$3800 online and probably instore also

when did you hear that they are appearing in store? they haven't even launched it on their web site yet

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when did you hear that they are appearing in store? they haven't even launched it on their web site yet

People have posted on the plasma thread that they have seen the C8000 instore in the last few days.

A couple of posts here: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...045&st=1040

Edited by purpleninja

Has anyone who has viewed a C8000 (or even read reviews) noticed if this "precision dimming" thing actually fixes the poor back light uniformity/flash lighting that is apparent in the other Samsung edge lit LED's? I am on my second B8000 that suffers this issue and it is really giving me the shits...

Yep, saw the C8000 LED at GG Artarmon Sydney store.

Looked quite nice with the metallic looking bezel but I can see some people hating it because it does stand out. Had a quick look at the PQ for the "Precision Dimming" feature but couldn't really tell if the black levels and screen uniformity were better than the C7000 LED. I also tried to look for the different coloured zones that the local dimming feature creates but on my quick glance I could not see it...will look for it again more carefully next time.

Regarding the above comment uniformity/flash lighting...one of the reasons I chose the Samsung Plasma was because of the poor screen uniformity issues of the Edge Lit LED sets.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2...0-55in-3D-TV/p1

Edited by kronosx

Ah ok excellent appreciate the advice. I misread the code. Still significantly cheaper in the states which is frustrating>>

That's true for most technology though.

Samsung's 2010 3D plasmas are quite comparable to US prices, but that may not be what you're after

Cheapest 8 series 46" LED I have seen so far is from Xeltek $3700 http://www.exeltek.com.au/samsung-series-f...yer-p-2271.html

Starting to look like a bargain! Anyone seen any better prices instore?

Also curious this LED is 240hz yeah...exact same specs as the US one as everyone advertising it indicates only 200 ><

Edited by RonSyd

a little off topic but...

bumped into the gadget guy from sunrise, and had the chance to mention i was after the samsung plasma 50 c7000

he said go for its worth the money but also mentioned that the pana's were better thats why a premium

i also asked is it worth waiting for the 3d tv's that dont need the glasses, he said he saw them in action at ces and they were at least 5 yrs away, 'they looked like crap' were his words

also i asked is 3d a fad/ marketing gimmick which he said definitely not, this is the future.

got a deposit on the plasma and atm a delivery is due in this week and another in 10 days, or so i am told

i can let you guys know that Hardly Normal now have 55c8000 on display...i have just returned from HN Nunawading and put it through it's paces for an hour...no stock yet , just displays, but they are the only ones in the country to have the first shipment which is due in store end of next week...rrp 5488 according to them but i recon it will go under 5 easily...nice unit..my mind is made up...

i can let you guys know that Hardly Normal now have 55c8000 on display...i have just returned from HN Nunawading and put it through it's paces for an hour...no stock yet , just displays, but they are the only ones in the country to have the first shipment which is due in store end of next week...rrp 5488 according to them but i recon it will go under 5 easily...nice unit..my mind is made up...

How would you say it compares to the C7000?

Edited by purpleninja

How would you say it compares to the C7000?

flash lighting non existent....clouding big improver...crisp 2d and 3d pq...same sexy remote as the 7000...blacks pretty good though hard to really judge in a show room....geeez the silver bezzle looks gorgeous... i thought the silver stand on the 7000 didn't really suit but the with the silver surround you don't even notice what colour the stand is...hubba hubba

flash lighting non existent....clouding big improver...crisp 2d and 3d pq...same sexy remote as the 7000...blacks pretty good though hard to really judge in a show room....geeez the silver bezzle looks gorgeous... i thought the silver stand on the 7000 didn't really suit but the with the silver surround you don't even notice what colour the stand is...hubba hubba

Interesting - so if the C8000 has better PQ than the C7000 that means that it will also be better than the C9000 as that's the same technology as the C7000 with no precision dimming. A bit much considering how much the C9000 costs!

Interesting - so if the C8000 has better PQ than the C7000 that means that it will also be better than the C9000 as that's the same technology as the C7000 with no precision dimming. A bit much considering how much the C9000 costs!

there has been many discussions about this already...and i think then end results were pretty similar...the c9000 is an all looks beast and the big selling point is it's thinness...a must have for those that want people to see how good it looks on a wall rather than how good the pq is..(my assumption here only...after all i haven't actually seen it as many here haven't either)....IMHO i think there is merit in what you are saying but i couldn't justify the extra spondoolas just for that...there has also been many discussions OS about the c7000 pq vs the c8000 pq with the 8000 winning hands down..i am yet to put them side by side but i can tell you first up that i noticed a remarkable improvement from the 7000 just watching the m vs a 3d movie...so translate that into a 95% fta viewing comparison and it's got me...

there has been many discussions about this already...and i think then end results were pretty similar...the c9000 is an all looks beast and the big selling point is it's thinness...a must have for those that want people to see how good it looks on a wall rather than how good the pq is..(my assumption here only...after all i haven't actually seen it as many here haven't either)....IMHO i think there is merit in what you are saying but i couldn't justify the extra spondoolas just for that...there has also been many discussions OS about the c7000 pq vs the c8000 pq with the 8000 winning hands down..i am yet to put them side by side but i can tell you first up that i noticed a remarkable improvement from the 7000 just watching the m vs a 3d movie...so translate that into a 95% fta viewing comparison and it's got me...

Competely agree that the C9000 is truly a form over function "piece of art" - and based on the photos I've seen it is pretty impressive looking.

I will be interested to see what the 65" C8000 looks like - I've never seen such a large LCD before.

If you could not judge the blacks because of the environment how could you judge screen uniformity?

As far as I am aware Samsung have not significantly improved screen uniformity in 2010 model LED LCD's, it remains the problem it was in 2009.

Put a deposit down on the 46c8000 - got BringLee to price match an online store at 3700. Queried the 55c8000 and they said around 4799 brookvale region. Just couldn't afford the extra 1k+ unfortunately to upsize ><

went to HN today in melbourne CBD...saw the 55c8000 again sitting right next to a 55c7000....no comparison as far as i was concerned....he quoted me $4800....guys in adelaide have been quoted $4100....i bet as soon as GG and JB get their hands on them (which they can't as HN have exclusivity at the moment) these prices will be beating hands down...not that HN can back up a purchase with any stock at the moment anyway...

went to HN today in melbourne CBD...saw the 55c8000 again sitting right next to a 55c7000....no comparison as far as i was concerned....he quoted me $4800....guys in adelaide have been quoted $4100....i bet as soon as GG and JB get their hands on them (which they can't as HN have exclusivity at the moment) these prices will be beating hands down...not that HN can back up a purchase with any stock at the moment anyway...

I wonder if Samsung will extend the 3D promo as if people only start ordering from now onwards, that's only 3 weeks of orders (and even those will have to be fully paid) that will qualify for the promo.

I wonder if Samsung will extend the 3D promo as if people only start ordering from now onwards, that's only 3 weeks of orders (and even those will have to be fully paid) that will qualify for the promo.

they better....as soon as JB launch their pricing i am in

What makes you think its not coming?

i believed the written documentation i got from samsung au saying rrp was $5299....now i have it confirmed at hardly normal it is $5499...so call me a skeptic things just aren't adding up...maybe it is the "fly it in at all cost to meet demand" comments from the ceo earlier coming true that it will add to the bottom line for us....either way seeing is believing and i am not believing just yet...'tis painful being this patient

i believed the written documentation i got from samsung au saying rrp was $5299....now i have it confirmed at hardly normal it is $5499...so call me a skeptic things just aren't adding up...maybe it is the "fly it in at all cost to meet demand" comments from the ceo earlier coming true that it will add to the bottom line for us....either way seeing is believing and i am not believing just yet...'tis painful being this patient

I thought the RRP of the 65" was $7499?

DC have it on pre-order for $6786. Pricey - but that's to be expected as Samsung obviously don't discount the LED/LCDs anywhere near as much as the plasmas.