Samsung 2010 Pricing For Oz

Aaah but were the promises written down or just verbal ;)

i have the brochure here from them showing the c8000 delivery for june (plus confirmed this verbally)...plus their website states the promotion is available for this model and I am sure you have seen...so it's both a verbal and written flat out lie.... i wonder if we as consumers could sue them for breach of promise or failing to deliver on their marketing propaganda.... :P

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the brochure here from them showing the c8000 delivery for june (plus confirmed this verbally)...plus their website states the promotion is available for this model and I am sure you have seen...so it's both a verbal and written flat out lie.... i wonder if we as consumers could sue them for breach of promise or failing to deliver on their marketing propaganda.... :P

Unfortunatetely all the manufacturers are serial offenders when it comes to this behaviour.

apparently there has also been a huge demand for the c9000 already so don't be surprised if you go to buy one in August (new delivery date for c9000) you won't get your hands on one before the end of the footy season...and we are only in round 8 now...

I find that surprising as the C9000 is ludicrously expensive.

That said if these orders are from places that want to show off a TV (swanky hotels, stores, etc.) then it could be possible.

I just can't see there being a huge demand from normal consumers for the C9000.

Edited by purpleninja

Unfortunatetely all the manufacturers are serial offenders when it comes to this behaviour.

I find that surprising as the C9000 is ludicrously expensive.

That said if these orders are from places that want to show off a TV (swanky hotels, stores, etc.) then it could be possible.

I just can't see there being a huge demand from normal consumers for the C9000.

agreed....funny enough though she did say that there hasn't been much demand or enquiries about the c8000....all the more stock for me (assuming i wait around for it....(( probably will :( )))

agreed....funny enough though she did say that there hasn't been much demand or enquiries about the c8000....all the more stock for me (assuming i wait around for it....(( probably will :( )))

If what she said is correct, then aesthetics are motivating consumers more than technical features/image quality.

The C9000 is an exercise in form over function, and if you aren't interested in the precision dimming or contrast ratio of the C8000 then you might as well get the C7000.

If what she said is correct, then aesthetics are motivating consumers more than technical features/image quality.

The C9000 is an exercise in form over function, and if you aren't interested in the precision dimming or contrast ratio of the C8000 then you might as well get the C7000.

yeah maybe the bulk of us Aussies are more fickle when it comes to aesthetics and there are more PQ enthusiasts OS...certainly the ratio on this forum suggests this too...eg. i appreciate the candid comments from those in this forum who are very particular about PQ and true blacks but as a whole they don't seem to be the majority...and for someone like me who doesn't have the expertise to give advise it certainly helps to read about it...avs has been a great source of info on these models as they have already hit the market but at the end of the day we can only judge on what we see....and i think we are going to wait a long time to see it...until then the marketing hype and aesthetics are all we can go on....

yeah maybe the bulk of us Aussies are more fickle when it comes to aesthetics and there are more PQ enthusiasts OS...certainly the ratio on this forum suggests this too...eg. i appreciate the candid comments from those in this forum who are very particular about PQ and true blacks but as a whole they don't seem to be the majority...and for someone like me who doesn't have the expertise to give advise it certainly helps to read about it...avs has been a great source of info on these models as they have already hit the market but at the end of the day we can only judge on what we see....and i think we are going to wait a long time to see it...until then the marketing hype and aesthetics are all we can go on....

I agree - It's good to have the comments of the PQ enthusiasts, as this is a good way of balancing out the hype/PR from the manufacturers/retailers.

That said, it's all just info for the consumer to weigh up in their minds before deciding on the best TV for them - i.e. with the best balance of cost, performance, etc.

I just want to see a 2010 plasma before I place an order so even if the stores don't get them until mid-June that's ok as that's still within the promo timeframe.

Sooner would be better though :)

Article on SmartHouse on 3D TV shortages

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/TVs_And_Large.../3D_TV/E6N2G2M9

some vendors, like Samsung, who have been heavily promoting 3D TVs, may be forced to airfreight stock just to keep up with demand.
Mark Leathan, Head of Marketing, for Consumer Electronics, at Samsung admits that demand has been greater than the company anticipated. He said "Consumer demand for this game-changing technology has been greater than anticipated. We are continually improving our stock situation and are confident we'll be equipped to meet the demand expected across May and June".
Steve Rust the Managing Director of Panasonic Australia said that he had no plans to airfreight stock to meet demand. "For us to get stock and get into stores to meet the demand we would have had to put in orders to the factory 6 months ago. Other vendors are going to be in the same position. We intend to launch the last week of June".
Edited by purpleninja

Guest tobtoh

I just got an update on a 55" Samsung C650 LCD that I ordered .... August 2010. Think i might cancel and get the Sony EX500 instead or one of the Pana plasmas (2009) instead.

Guest tobtoh
Ahhh..good ol' JB's at South Wharf...did you cop the "are you serious about buying a tv today?" question before they would help you?

haha I keep hearing that they got a bad rep, but I have to say I didn't have that problem. Mind you, I knew exactly what I was after and pretty much refused their 'help' until I was ready to buy so I wasn't the 'typical' buyer either.

I rang JB today to find out the status of my order(UA55C6900) that I placed back in April...I was told JB HeadOffice have blasted Samsung over their delays and as they are a huge retailer Samsung have promised to fulfill their entire backorder list by mid June...I'll believe it when I see it!!...

I rang JB today to find out the status of my order(UA55C6900) that I placed back in April...I was told JB HeadOffice have blasted Samsung over their delays and as they are a huge retailer Samsung have promised to fulfill their entire backorder list by mid June...I'll believe it when I see it!!...

Sounds like salesman BS

1dt post...

Unfortunately Samsung have managed to put themselves in a position where no-one will be seeing TVs for a while. The 55C650 as tobtoh has said will be arriving in August! And that alot of their current 3DTVs wont be restocked/released till possibly end of June at best. I just had to explain to someone today that their 63C7000 wont be due for at least another 4 weeks. Called the account manager for Samsung Australia and he confirmed a minimum date of 4 weeks, before hitting docks. So i'm extremely cynical at stock being ready for events like the world up.

However, as per the topic, Samsungs new pricing is aggressive especially in their big plasmas, thus the shortage. If they retained the typical ~5k for a 63 or 65 I reckon stock availability would be more consistent.

YeeHaa...Was notified today that my UA55C6900 will clearing customs next Wednesday and I should have it next Friday!!...Can't wait...I hope this means those who have TV's on backorder also get theirs!

Nice - hope this pans out

btw we're expecting photos and reviews!! :)

Hi folks

First post here and looking for some advice on the numerous models of Samsung's out there. I am primarily looking at LED's as have been put off a bit by the electricity bills the plasmas tend to generate (possibly the older ones) and with energy looking to escalate I am willing to fork out a little more for a LED. After seeing the 3D’ versions my curiosity is starting to get the better of me as they look visibly attractive also!

I have been looking at the 46inch LED versions and are really puzzled between the differences of both versions on the US and Aus sites http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-vide...il&tab=spec and http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audi...type=prd_detail respectively.

Two questions:

1. The US one at US $2799 (approx Au $3200) and the Aus one at AU $4299. On top of this the specs on the US one UN46C8000 seem alot better than the Aus one UA46C8000 eg higher contrast, greater 240 mhz etc etc. Please someone point out what I am missing ><

2. What is the equivalent in Australia of that US model, is it out here already and any idea on approximate prices.

ps All prices I stated were from the Samsung site.Cheers

Hi folks

First post here and looking for some advice on the numerous models of Samsung's out there. I am primarily looking at LED's as have been put off a bit by the electricity bills the plasmas tend to generate (possibly the older ones) and with energy looking to escalate I am willing to fork out a little more for a LED. After seeing the 3D’ versions my curiosity is starting to get the better of me as they look visibly attractive also!

I have been looking at the 46inch LED versions and are really puzzled between the differences of both versions on the US and Aus sites http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-vide...il&tab=spec and http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audi...type=prd_detail respectively.

Two questions:

1. The US one at US $2799 (approx Au $3200) and the Aus one at AU $4299. On top of this the specs on the US one UN46C8000 seem alot better than the Aus one UA46C8000 eg higher contrast, greater 240 mhz etc etc. Please someone point out what I am missing ><

2. What is the equivalent in Australia of that US model, is it out here already and any idea on approximate prices.

ps All prices I stated were from the Samsung site.Cheers

The C8000 specs haven't been posted on the AU site yet.

You are looking at the specs for last year's B8000 model on the AU site.

The AU C8000 should be the same as the US C8000 when it comes here.

Apparently they are appearing in stores now so you might be able to view one

RRP for the C8000 46" is $4299

Available for ~$3800 online and probably instore also

Edited by purpleninja

The C8000 specs haven't been posted on the AU site yet.

You are looking at the specs for last year's B8000 model on the AU site.

The AU C8000 should be the same as the US C8000 when it comes here.

Apparently they are appearing in stores now so you might be able to view one

RRP for the C8000 46" is $4299

Available for ~$3800 online and probably instore also

Ah ok excellent appreciate the advice. I misread the code. Still significantly cheaper in the states which is frustrating>>