Samsung 2010 Pricing For Oz

just got off the phone to Samsung and have the pricing and release date brochure coming through to my inbox shortly...in summary AUD RRP pricing and release dates in AU are as follows:

55c6900 - $3999 - May

55c7000 - $4799 - Mid April

55c8000 - $5299 - June

55c9000 - $8299 - June

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got off the phone to Samsung and have the pricing and release date brochure coming through to my inbox shortly...in summary AUD RRP pricing and release dates in AU are as follows:

55c6900 - $3999 - May

55c8000 - $5299 - June

55c9000 - $8299 - June

Anthony,

Do you know if the C6900 has the back light dimming feature?..Does the brochure you obtained have specs?..

Cheers, Alex

55c6900 - $3999 - May

55c8000 - $5299 - June

55c9000 - $8299 - June

Thanx for that info :)

Any chance you know the pricing for the 40c6900 or for the 46c6900?

Cheers

the site above certainly mentions there is no local dimming in the 6x00 model but according to this site it does (assuming C6800 is the C6900 for AU)

http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/624521.html

"Unsurpassed Picture Quality with Precision Dimming

Samsung's LED C8000 and C6800 include Samsung's Precision Dimming technology that merges the advantages of LED edge-lighting with the control of local dimming technology in directly back-lit LED televisions. Precision Dimming uses an array of special LEDs that create diamond-shaped areas of light to illuminate objects on the panel. These areas can vary in size and shape according to the light required, and an algorithm calculates where the light should be targeted to intensify contrast. The result: higher contrast ratios, deeper blacks, vibrant colors and enhanced energy efficiency."

55c6900 - $3999 - May

55c8000 - $5299 - June

55c9000 - $8299 - June

Thanks for the info :-)

Looks liks they're releasing the C7000 first to showcase the 3D.

$500 RRP price differential between the C7000 and C8000, will be less in reality - so the "local dimming" will probably be the deal maker/breaker between these 2 models, unless supply makes the C7000 the only option in the near future.

C8000 and C9000 out just in time for the World Cup

Edited by purpleninja

Since the first and second generation Samsung local dimming sets (back lit) used many times more lighting zones and even that was still not enough to do the job properly, these so called “local dimming” models are nothing more than a bad joke.

Since Samsung where forced to withdraw their last true local dimming model due to infringing Sharps patents it may well be we will not see another true local dimming back lit model from them. If that’s the case Samsung is out of the game in the high quality end of the market, edge lighting does not cut it.

Seems as if they are going for "form over function" in their flagship C9000 - Ultra thin with a flashy remote as opposed to improving the image quality over the C8000 and C7000.

$3500 for ultra-thin and touch remote over the C7000 seems very steep!

Even if the "local dimming" on the C8000 isn't as good as on earlier generations, if it is better than non locally dimmed 2010 models, this means that the C8000 will actually have better image quality than the C9000 which given the $3000 price difference is nuts!!

First Post so here goes.....

Was in JB HiFi @ DFO Canberra where a very unhelpful Salesperson tried conning me into purchasing a 55" Series 6 LED for $3990 inc. Ext. Warranty and the fact HE said it was for the floor model made me cringe even more so.....

I told him I am was holding out until the World Cup begins to purchase a Series 7 LED then he starts with Price Increases, "was talking to Samsung's Area manager today" crap, I said as if when the world's biggest sporting event Samsung will not be doing BONUS offers like XMAS time say a 26" LCD he said NO the time to buy is NOW with Aussie Dollar beginning to fall against the USD blah blah blah.

Lastly, he said he never heard of the Topfield Trf-2460 Masterpiece Hd Plus, YES I know only HN & Domain only sell these he said to me deadpan " There's no such thing as a 1TB Topfield I am always communicating with the Rep"

What to do? Hold out for now or Shop elsewhere????

If you can wait there will probably be deals around the World Cup time, especially as they will be plugging the new models then.

The down-side is possible lack of supply so you could be waiting for a while to get the actual TV.

If you buy now a lot of places are doing run out deals on 2009 models as they know that the 2010 models are just around the corner. The longer you wait the better the bargains will be on these remaining 2009 models, but the flip side is the longer you wait the smaller your choice is going to be due to a limited and ever shrinking pool of 2009 models being sold.

domstrama...i can tell you when i went out looking at the beginning of this year for my sammy i went to 3 different JB stores until i found a sales rep that i liked combined with the price...shop around.....you have to be comfortable with the person you are about to give your hard earned to......and as our ninja friend above says the new models will be out in the next couple of weeks so you should get a great deal on an '09 model...ring the JB HIFI Macquarie/North Ryde store in NSW and get this store to match their price......but, in saying that, should you run into any trouble with the older model, as they are no longer in production, replacing parts could be a challenge....pro's and con's...the new ones will have 3D (not that that is a huge selling point yet but will be over time)

Samsung have also said that there will be new panel manufacturing plants coming online in the middle of the year which could lead to oversupply and a downturn in the market.

This would mean a drop in prices of 2010 models in the latter part of this year.

Just about all recent LCD’s from Samsung have a dynamic back light (dimming) including the ccfl models but that’s not local dimming.

Only the 8000 has “local dimming” but the lighting zones are so few and so large that it likely to cause more problems than it solves. It’s not safe to assume this crappy “local dimming” system will result in overall better performance than the normal edge lit models, it depends on how distracting the side effects are.

There is also no guarantee the new models will be better than the 2009 models either.

If you can wait there will probably be deals around the World Cup time, especially as they will be plugging the new models then.

The down-side is possible lack of supply so you could be waiting for a while to get the actual TV.

If you buy now a lot of places are doing run out deals on 2009 models as they know that the 2010 models are just around the corner. The longer you wait the better the bargains will be on these remaining 2009 models, but the flip side is the longer you wait the smaller your choice is going to be due to a limited and ever shrinking pool of 2009 models being sold.

JB-HIFI North Ryde have 3 UA55B6000 LED's in stock that I was told I could pickup one for less than $3300

Only the 8000 has “local dimming” but the lighting zones are so few and so large that it likely to cause more problems than it solves. It’s not safe to assume this crappy “local dimming” system will result in overall better performance than the normal edge lit models, it depends on how distracting the side effects are.

True, but if you turn off the "local dimming" on the C8000 (it has "smart LED" on/off which is what turned it on/off on the B8500) then the image should be at least as good as the C9000, which again makes the $3000 price difference for a thinner display and touch-screen remote seem very pricey and form over function.

haven't actually got the brochure yet....he did say it was a huge file...he might have been feeding me BS too....but the below link shows specs on each

http://www.flatpanels.dk/billeder/samsung2010led-1l.jpg

Bear in mind that not all this functionality is set in stone - e.g. the C8000 does not have built in wifi according to owners in the US

Bear in mind that not all this functionality is set in stone - e.g. the C8000 does not have built in wifi according to owners in the US

true....sounds like samsung are more than happy to start spreading pricing details so i guess some specs will be issued shortly...i did ask if they will have integrated wifi and he said no...the current wireless dongles will/can be used...as for the PQ, we have already seen what the '09 models can do (or as some like to point cannot do) so a comparison won't be hard to review....

true....sounds like samsung are more than happy to start spreading pricing details so i guess some specs will be issued shortly...i did ask if they will have integrated wifi and he said no...the current wireless dongles will/can be used...as for the PQ, we have already seen what the '09 models can do (or as some like to point cannot do) so a comparison won't be hard to review....

I haven't seen any professional reviews yet (apparently Samsung aren't sending out release spec models to reviewers until later in the year) but the consumer reviews seem to say the C8000 is better than the C7000, and some are saying better than the B8500.

We'll know more in the next week or so when more people get the C8000 and start to post their experiences.