Pioneer 508xda Price

Can someone advise me if this is still a good deal. Have I missed something.

I am able to get a ex "demo" 50" 508 XDA for $1000.00 interest free..

It has never been used as a TV and hasn't been tuned yet.

It has been only used as a demo for a wall mounted Bose sound system. Only comes on when the Bose dvd is demo"d.

It went on the wall as soon as it went into the store.. hasn't been placed on the floor. Not shop soiled in any way.

Comes with a Pioneer wall bracket.

Still has a 5 year warranty when purchased.

The Bose sound system has only worked intermittently...probably in the 18 months it has only worked 6 months continously.. and we have had the bose tech guy out 3 times to get it going. So the tv has really had little use at all.

All this info I know because I work in the area where the tv is demonstrated.

I'm greedy because I already have a 508 but thinks that for a 1000 bucks I'd be silly not to get another. There is no other 50" out there as good as this tv for $1000.

Thoughts please.....

How would it come with 5 year manufacturers warranty when it has been used for displays????

Probably because it has never been sold by the retailer, but if in doubt ring Pioneer CC up, they are excellent. I bought a 3 year old BW S1 from JB that had been used but i still get 12 months warranty.

It's only a 768p screen, but pretty good value at that price.

Yes only 768 but happily accepts 1080p. Also when this set was around i spent hours comparing it to the 1080p sets from Panasonic (700 series?) at the time and the contrast on this were considerably better.

$1,000 is a bargain imo.

How would it come with 5 year manufacturers warranty when it has been used for displays????

Will just go off the purchase date on the receipt if I need to have work done on it.

Thanks for the feedback........just can't get my head around the deal when I see what else is available in that price bracket. I don't even have a place for it to go at the moment. Will keep it in storage.

Have just purchased a table mount for $100 from ebay UK... now have both options of mounting.