Sign in to follow this  
beyondtool

Awa Hd Set Top Box With Usb Recording

I was in K-Mart today and noticed a brand new AWA HD Set top box for $99. It features recording to usb devices. Not a bad price for a PVR. Looks quite similar to the AKAI AD181, must just be re-badged. I can't find any info on it online, but I might be the guinea pig and pick one up tomorrow.

Kogan have listed one due at the end of this mth as well - do they look the same? I am tempted as I have a 1TB USB drive sitting at home for my backup...

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/hd-digital-set-top-box-pvr/

I am guessing this Kogan one is a s/w updated version of their current HD STB as they look the same - does anyone have one of these & what do you think?

Cheers,

Simon

I was in K-Mart today and noticed a brand new AWA HD Set top box for $99. It features recording to usb devices. Not a bad price for a PVR. Looks quite similar to the AKAI AD181, must just be re-badged. I can't find any info on it online, but I might be the guinea pig and pick one up tomorrow.

Do you mean this unit; http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal/offer...mp;pageview=two

Yeah it looked like the Kogan one. I ended up getting the AKAI 181, it looks like the market is about to be flooded with usb recording stbs..