Just Installed New Tv Card - Dntv Dual Hybrid (7164) Pcie

I just installed my new twin tuner tv card - DNTV Dual Hybrid (7164) PCIe

http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/Dual7164.html

I used a tiny twin usb tv tuner on my old pc (vista) but it stopped working after about 2 years.....

I got this new card for my win7 (64bit) pc, just installed it last night and it works great

it picks up all the digital channels, analog channels and digital radio

i am using it with windows media center and it seems pretty stable, and does everything i want so far.

it was a bit fiddly to install it into my antec fusion remote max case, as it was a tight fit with the 5770 graphics card next to it.

but it was a lot easier than installing the hdd's (this case is good, but installing hdd's in the front section is a tight fit

http://metku.net/index.html?path=reviews/a...e-max/index_eng

I just have to delete the channels i dont want from the wmc guide listing

I like the new win7 media center , it is nice and fast with an i7 and ssd

Edited by larry

it was a bit fiddly to install it into my antec fusion remote max case, as it was a tight fit with the 5770 graphics card next to it.

but it was a lot easier than installing the hdd's (this case is good, but installing hdd's in the front section is a tight fit

Have you tried and see if you can power on the machine with the remote?

http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/Dual7164.html

I used a tiny twin usb tv tuner on my old pc (vista) but it stopped working after about 2 years.....

I got this new card for my win7 (64bit) pc, just installed it last night and it works great

i am using it with windows media center and it seems pretty stable, and does everything i want so far.

I just have to delete the channels i dont want from the wmc guide listing

I like the new win7 media center , it is nice and fast with an i7 and ssd

Hi Larry.

Good to hear all is well.

I believe this card is the best dual hybrid solution there is in the market at the moment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Renura

Is this correct digital radio? don't you mean radio being broadcast by TV stations as distinct from digital radio (DAB).

Edited by ht1

Is this correct digital radio? don't you mean radio being broadcast by TV stations as distinct from digital radio (DAB).

He means DVB radio not DAB+, we only have one USB device that supports DAB+, As far as I know there are no PCI or PCI-express cards that also support DAB+

hehe , sorry, you are right it does pick up DVB digital music from the tv stations, not DAB+

I now have two remotes to play with (the antec one that came with the pc, and the dntv one that came with the card).

I installed the antec fusion remote max software-'imon'- controls the vfd on the front of the pc, and 'imedian' which is a media center software.

At present i have imon running, and i can select a range of software it can control-I have chosen windows media center (rather than imedian) for the time being. I can turn the pc off, and various programs off and on with it. (I haven't tried turning on the pc using the remote yet)

I am using the antec 'imon' software + included remote to control the Dntv Dual Hybrid (7164) card run via windows media center. It changes channels quite fast, and picks up all the channels quite well.

the antec remote turns my pc on after it has been put in sleep mode

Edited by larry

No need to try, the remote does not support powering on your PC.

I meant the Antec remote.. :D

At present i have imon running, and i can select a range of software it can control-I have chosen windows media center (rather than imedian) for the time being. I can turn the pc off, and various programs off and on with it. (I haven't tried turning on the pc using the remote yet)

the antec remote turns my pc on after it has been put in sleep mode

If it can power on from cold that means your case is better than mine... :P

• 5 months later...

I have this card but was wondering how to get the FM radio to work. Mediaportal doesn't seem to find hardly any channels and when I nstalled DTNV Scheduler Pro2 it doesn't recognise the card as having an FM tuner at al.

Sorry to seal this post but i wasn't allowed post a new topic?

Cheers

PS I running windows 7 and intalled the drivers from the Digintal now site.

Yes it is possible, but won't save much money :)
Edited by Biddy

I have this card but was wondering how to get the FM radio to work. Mediaportal doesn't seem to find hardly any channels and when I nstalled DTNV Scheduler Pro2 it doesn't recognise the card as having an FM tuner at al.

Sorry to seal this post but i wasn't allowed post a new topic?

Cheers

PS I running windows 7 and intalled the drivers from the Digintal now site.

I don't know about Media Portal, but with Media center you simply select Music/Radio to access FM.

With DNTV Live!, if you have purchased a Licence to use it, you need to enter the user name serial number provided in order to fully use the card. if you have done that and still have issues, then email support and we will go from there.

I don't know about Media Portal, but with Media center you simply select Music/Radio to access FM.

With DNTV Live!, if you have purchased a Licence to use it, you need to enter the user name serial number provided in order to fully use the card. if you have done that and still have issues, then email support and we will go from there.

Hi

Thanks for replying and sorry there has been a few days before I responded I know how annoying that can be. Unfortuanately WMC on does not recognise the card as having an FM tuner. It says "To play FM Radio, you must first install a radio tuner". Is there anything I can run to help diagnose the problem further.

Cheers

Edited by Biddy

Hi

Thanks for replying and sorry there has been a few days before I responded I know how annoying that can be. Unfortuanately WMC on does not recognise the card as having an FM tuner. It says "To play FM Radio, you must first install a radio tuner". Is there anything I can run to help diagnose the problem further.

Cheers

Make sure that you have selected the analog tuner in your Media Center TV Signal Setup before you select Music/Radio

Make sure that you have selected the analog tuner in your Media Center TV Signal Setup before you select Music/Radio

OK I did that and managed to tune all the local FM stations in Sydney. That would ll be sweet if i used WMC but i have everything else setup nicely in Mediaportal and woul dlike to use that istead. However when I tried tuning the stations in MP i get very disappointing results where no signal is detected and somtimes it erroneously detects sgnals in spots where threr are no stations.

I realise you dont support MP but would you have any thoughts on how to diagnose the problem or anybody else for that mater.

Cheers

OK I did that and managed to tune all the local FM stations in Sydney. That would ll be sweet if i used WMC but i have everything else setup nicely in Mediaportal and woul dlike to use that istead. However when I tried tuning the stations in MP i get very disappointing results where no signal is detected and somtimes it erroneously detects sgnals in spots where threr are no stations.

I realise you dont support MP but would you have any thoughts on how to diagnose the problem or anybody else for that mater.

Cheers

I suggest you you contact the Mediaportal team, they are in a better position to tell you what might be the issue.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would append to this thread as a sort of MINI review (Its not yet fully complete).

Ordered on Wednesday (I Think it was), arrived Yesterday (Thursday via Express post), ACT to Melbourne..

In the box was IR Receiver, Antenna (Dont know how thats going to work in my TV room, Metal frame...)Remote, Card itself, CD and stuff (Like Batteries).

Card came affixed to Mini backplate, I have a Midi Tower, Removed screws attaching backplate, and attempted to replace the backplate, and had HELL issues with the screws not wanting to screw in. This might have been my fault as it was 2am (After work), I didnt want to fuss, I just stole screws from a PCI NIC backplate that were the same size, just a tad longer, SUCCESS ! :) Went to sleep.

Woke up and went back to play with new toy.

Put card in and fire up PC. There is a LED on the card that stays illuminated while powered down, it must use the same voltage rail that allows me to charge my Mobile phone on USB with the PC power off, This is no biggie.

I could not use a PCI-e 1x slot, Gigabyte in their wisdom put huge heatsinc's on the Motherboard chipset (Heatpipe or something) and i suspect would hinder the card from using the PCI-E, my Graphics card covers another 1x, as its a Dual slot 4870, leaving one 1x slot, but that too is awfully close to the 4870. I opted to use the secondary 16x slot, its free from obstruction and Digitalnow website says it can be run in 1x, 4x or 16x slot... (Cool).

Power up Computer (E6400 Core2Duo, 2GB ram, Windows 7).

Windows 7 detects card, complains about no drivers, thats okay, been there before.

Load up CD, Select Install drivers. Asks for a Reboot.

Windows 7 loads, Check Device Manager, Still Yellow Exclamation mark... :(

Well thats weird, anyway, browse CD, and I find the Driver executable for Windows 7 (x64), run it, install again..., Reboot. SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check Device Manager, There it is... But wait, one entry for the Device ???, Check DigitalNow website, but.... Aha !!!!, there is a section to make sure its all installed properly, Yes, one device entry for *ALL* tuners on the card, Sweeeeeeeet, Saves having like 5 entries for all the options on the card.. (Audio, Video, Crossbar and all that crap).

Well thats as far as I have got now..., its work time again (Got to pay for my toy now) :)

So far so Good, thanks for the informative Website (DigitalNow).., was a GREAT help :)

Small Update: I am using BeyondTV, Tuners detected, I have now added Digital Tuner 1, Digital Tuner 2, and Analog Tuner 1 (Composite). Back to work.

Edited by whiteb

Okay, cant edit my last post...........

Anyway.

Got my new Digital Antenna installed today.

BeyondTV is not adding TV channels during a scan, either its borked or its just not scanning for some reason. I dont know why.

So anyway, Windows Media Center detects all Digital/HD channels just fine, so I might just leave Windows Media for the Digital stuff, and BeyondTV for Analog capture (VCR etc).

Anyway, the card is performing flawlessly (So far) :D, unless I can get Snapstream to tell me why their Software will not detect channels, when Windows Media DOES.