Whats New For Selectv In 2010?

Might aswell start this thread of the very SMALL changes in selectv we can expect to see this year.

Well we know the 3 new channels

-Starpics 1

-Starpics 2

-FMC (Family Movie Channel)

are going to be added to the channel line up, sometime this year

although that will probably be a major change and we can expect nothing else now for a while,

what else would you like to see? and what other channels would they be allowed to add?

Also something else, when they say those 3 channels are going to be free for "Premium Subscribers"

what do you think they mean buy that? you must have all the channels including the extra discovery channels?

or just the main $37.95 pack?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Premium as in the $37.95 "Premium" pack, as opposed to people who are still on on $29.95 "Great TV" pack.

Would like to see them pick up the HD movie channels as well, although I don't think there are any free Ku transponders on IS8. IS19 is being launched as replacement next year.

Premium as in the $37.95 "Premium" pack, as opposed to people who are still on on $29.95 "Great TV" pack.

Would like to see them pick up the HD movie channels as well, although I don't think there are any free Ku transponders on IS8. IS19 is being launched as replacement next year.

You wont be getting anything on Select, WIN are running it into the ground, its a dead horse

MTV Networks are rebranding VH1 as MTV Classics in May

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=86459

nothing special there.... it will most likley play the same things, just with a different name and logo. since MTV usually advertises a lot of stuff on VH1 anyway i doubt it will be anything new :\

still hopefully looking forward though to the 3 new movie channels :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
honestly I`m suprised select are still in business. I dont see alot of future left in them. I was once a select costomer but moved to austar.

Havent regretted it since

Yehh i would move to Austar as there basic package has everything i need in it and is only a little more expensive. However it doesnt seem to be available ANYWARE in Western Australia (when i do the post code availablity check)..... which really sucks.

Yehh i would move to Austar as there basic package has everything i need in it and is only a little more expensive. However it doesnt seem to be available ANYWARE in Western Australia (when i do the post code availablity check)..... which really sucks.

Yep, that's coz Foxtel provides services to all of good old WA.

Yep, that's coz Foxtel provides services to all of good old WA.

yehh i personally find that annoying cause Austar has a batter basic package than foxtel and at the moment there is free installation on austar and no lock-in contracts.

• 3 weeks later...
honestly I`m suprised select are still in business. I dont see alot of future left in them. I was once a select costomer but moved to austar.

Havent regretted it since

I was once an Austar customer and went to SelecTV's english stuff, then I added TV Chile, to view their Prussian trained army.

• 2 weeks later...
’MTV Classic’ will go live on Saturday 1 May 2010 and will replace VH1 on channel 810 in the Music & Radio section of the Electronic Program Guide.

that was a quote taken from

http://www.mtv.com.au/news/50994862-mtv-ne...es-mtv-classic/

does that mean selectv customers are going to get it?!!

EDIT

Just sent them an email

Hi selectv,

was just watching one of your channels MTV the other day and they were saying that they are releasing a new channel called MTV Classics, i looked it up on the official MTV website and they said its going to be replacing VH1 another channel that you as a company provide, was just wondering if we premium subscribers will also be receiving this channel or if its only for other pay tv companies.

Thanks,

Jamie.

Now we wait for the reply! :)

Edited by Jamiez

• 3 weeks later...

i now have another question. It says FMC and Starpics 1, does that mean we dont get Starpics 2?

Never mind, i can answer my own question. Just done a rescan of my selectv box and FMC and Starpix One are showing on the list

and there is no sign of Starpix 2 so obviously its just Starpix One. It it says Service not Running when i try to view them, but fair enough

they said June 1st.

Thanks,

Jamie :)

$2 increase for these new channels so total price $39.95 per month

Also Italian Package is no longer available been removed

Wasn't the Italian package package just Fashion TV and Euronews anyway after Leonardo World went broke?

Edited by reubot