roachy

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark

Mark, as per my PM I'm in too.

Rob

Well just to add to things here I have to say after the GTG finally ready to cross over to the dark side....... :lol:

and would love to join you guys in the MKIV buy but ironically can not be financially ready until November, so guess the crossing will have to wait.......... B)

Wow coming from you mate that means a lot. After seeing a proper scope setup ay blade's I knew it was definately what I wanted and knew from reports here that the mk4 is every bit as good as blade's lens I knew it would fit the bill nicely. Seeing it in the flesh at the GTG confirmed that the lens is fantastic.

Only a little bit disappointed as I had you lined up to sell you my 120" 16:9 OZTS screen!

Edited by roachy

Well just to add to things here I have to say after the GTG finally ready to cross over to the dark side....... :lol:

and would love to join you guys in the MKIV buy but ironically can not be financially ready until November, so guess the crossing will have to wait.......... B)

Wow coming from you mate that means a lot. After seeing a proper scope setup ay blade's I knew it was definately what I wanted and knew from reports here that the mk4 is every bit as good as blade's lens I knew it would fit the bill nicely. Seeing it in the flesh at the GTG confirmed that the lens is fantastic.

Only a little bit disappointed as I had you lined up to sell you my 120" 16:9 OZTS screen!

Thank you guys for the positive feedback. Yes the MK4 is pretty amazing when it is dialed in properly.

Latest update

CAVX Corrector

Jutta

craigandkim

juddy

Jason V

SDL

Prior

souljar adam

LuckyDog

Tubstar

catonic

yamapro (pending)

MK4

roachy

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark

Probably still an opportunity mate as I will not be in on the current lens buys, let me know when you're ready......

I'm ready as soon as the mk4 is on the way. Or at the very least when it's definately going to production.

Latest update

CAVX Corrector'

Jutta

craigandkim

Jason V

SDL

Prior

souljar adam

LuckyDog

Tubstar

catonic

yamapro (pending)

dhammika

MK4

roachy

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark

juddy

Edited by MarkTecher

Latest update

CAVX Corrector'

Jutta

craigandkim

Jason V

SDL

Prior

souljar adam

LuckyDog

Tubstar

catonic

yamapro (pending)

dhammika

bretski

MK4

roachy

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark

juddy

I'm still VERY interested in the corrector Mark (assuming you were able to design a mount that would work with the recessed lens on the Benq w5000).. I sent you an e-mail during the first round of EOI.. do we realistically think we'll get 50 for this given we are only at 12 now .. Is there an option for making the lens slightly more expensive but requiring less orders .. I don't want to sound like a pessimist but given its been around six months since the first EOI the numbers aren;t pouring in so perhaps we need to look at an alternative to fulfill the orders of those that are interested now.. strike while the irons hot as they say. Experience tells us that these EOI's have a habit of becomming forgotten about on forums like this as the initial interest diminishes and they get bumped down the list.

I'm still VERY interested in the corrector Mark (assuming you were able to design a mount that would work with the recessed lens on the Benq w5000).. I sent you an e-mail during the first round of EOI.. do we realistically think we'll get 50 for this given we are only at 12 now .. Is there an option for making the lens slightly more expensive but requiring less orders .. I don't want to sound like a pessimist but given its been around six months since the first EOI the numbers aren;t pouring in so perhaps we need to look at an alternative to fulfill the orders of those that are interested now.. strike while the irons hot as they say. Experience tells us that these EOI's have a habit of becomming forgotten about on forums like this as the initial interest diminishes and they get bumped down the list.

Yes the CAVX Corrector is the glass lens + a plastic holder that will allow the CAVX Corrector to fit in the back of the MK3. And Yes I am designing it to work with the BenQ's recessed lens.

Latest update

CAVX Corrector'

Jutta

craigandkim

Jason V

SDL

Prior

souljar adam

LuckyDog

Tubstar

catonic

yamapro (pending)

dhammika

bretski

MK4

roachy

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark

juddy

Hi Mark,

could you ping me a price on the IV please?

Maybe not the right thread - what are the options for something to auto place the lens for anam/non anam screening. I will have a ceiling mounted JVC 950 (probably) about 3m off the deck.

Hi Mark,

Maybe not the right thread - what are the options for something to auto place the lens for anam/non anam screening. I will have a ceiling mounted JVC 950 (probably) about 3m off the deck.

I ended up purchasing a pair of CineSlides to use with the MK4's - Mark has designed the MK4 lense U bracket to be directly compatible with the CineSlide mounting base so was an easy mounting proposition.

See http://www.techht.com for further details of the CineSlide - I have been very impressed by the quality of the units - and the precision slide action. Depending on how you mount the projector will determine which of the CineSlide mounting brackets you need to use.

Hi Mark,

PM sent

Latest update

CAVX Corrector

Jutta

craigandkim

Jason V

SDL

Prior

souljar adam

LuckyDog

Tubstar

catonic

yamapro (pending)

dhammika

bretski

MK4

roachy

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark

juddy

Guest Gherkin99

Another Price on the IV please. Looking at it for a JVC 950

I'm six weeks away from being able to commit to anything. House Reno's first and then HT.

Cheers

Alex

Another Price on the IV please. Looking at it for a JVC 950

I'm six weeks away from being able to commit to anything. House Reno's first and then HT.

Cheers

Alex

Alex - Reply to Marks post and add your name into the list buddy. Added a couple of suggestions to your other thread too mate.

Latest update

CAVX Corrector

Jutta

craigandkim

Jason V

SDL

Prior

souljar adam

LuckyDog

Tubstar

catonic

yamapro (pending)

dhammika

bretski

Is anyone else coming on board here?

MK4

roachy

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark

juddy

Gherkin99 (pending)

Edited by MarkTecher

looks strong here with the amount of interest Mark, great to see.....

The next batch of MK4s will be going ahead sooner than most expected. It would be nice if there was more interest in the CAVX Corrector though as there is not enough to make this viable at this stage.

Latest update

CAVX Corrector

Jutta

craigandkim

Jason V

SDL

Prior

souljar adam

LuckyDog

Tubstar

catonic

yamapro (pending)

dhammika

bretski

I need more interest before I can place an order for the glass.

MK4

roachy

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark

juddy

Gherkin99 (pending)

Aiming for shipping from July 16, 2010.

I've paid my deposit for my mk4 serial no 000012. Can't wait!

Latest update

CAVX Corrector

Jutta

craigandkim

Jason V

SDL

Prior

souljar adam

LuckyDog

Tubstar

catonic

yamapro (pending)

dhammika

bretski

MK4

roachy [deposit paid]

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark

juddy

Gherkin99 (pending)

Aiming for shipping by July 16, 2010.

Mark, it seems unlikely on the current numbers that you will be able to order the MK3 corrector so I shall try and help by making the following suggestion.

I know from following the AVS Forum (USA) and AVForums (UK) that you have sold MK3's to people who post there, so how about some way of letting those people know about this thread and the need to get 50 pre-orders?

We all know how touchy the AVS Forum people are about sales talk (except their own of course :P ) so maybe someone else will have to help out in this regard.

Anyway, that might be one possible way of getting more MK3 corrector orders and keeping us all happy. :P

Cheers.

Edited by catonic

Mark, it seems unlikely on the current numbers that you will be able to order the MK3 corrector so I shall try and help by making the following suggestion.

I know from following the AVS Forum (USA) and AVForums (UK) that you have sold MK3's to people who post there, so how about some way of letting those people know about this thread and the need to get 50 pre-orders?

We all know how touchy the AVS Forum people are about sales talk (except their own of course :P ) so maybe someone else will have to help out in this regard.

Anyway, that might be one possible way of getting more MK3 corrector orders and keeping us all happy. :P

Cheers.

Already done :) Most of the MK3 lenses were actually sold in Australia, not OS. The number sold OS can almost be counted on both hands which is odd given most of the MK2 ended up in the US.

Latest update

CAVX Corrector

Jutta

craigandkim

Jason V

SDL

Prior

souljar adam

LuckyDog

Tubstar

catonic

yamapro (pending)

dhammika

bretski

MK4

roachy [deposit paid]

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark [deposit paid]

juddy

Gherkin99 (pending)

Just wondering ....

Those who are interested in MK4, Do you already have MKIIIs?

If so what are your plans for the old lens when the new one arrive?

+2 on this question.

Would seriously be interested in a hand-me-down MkIII

+2 on this question.

Would seriously be interested in a hand-me-down MkIII

I am sure one or two will come up in the near future.

Latest update

CAVX Corrector

Jutta

craigandkim

Jason V

SDL

Prior

souljar adam

LuckyDog

Tubstar

catonic

yamapro (pending)

dhammika

bretski

MK4

roachy [deposit paid]

JapanDave

ArthurK

Ian13

MichaelC

Quark [deposit paid]

juddy

Gherkin99 (pending)