Jtr Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jason !

All this JTR talk has got me curious,

Perhaps you may wanna bring them over and we can try them out at mine, if their good , ill buy 5 triple 12's

Here I am just about to buy a set of paradigm signature 8's for a steal when this comes along

Tell me more

Edited by crumpet

Hey Jason !

Perhaps you may wanna bring them over and we can try them out at mine, if their good , ill buy 5 triple 12's

Here I am just about to buy a set of paradigm signature 8's for a steal when this comes along

Tell me more

5 Trip 12's sounds like a goer :) Are you intending to use them all on the front stage and get some slanted 8's for the sides and rears?

Hey Jason !

Tell me more

Hey mate. Do your self a favor and have a read of the AVS forum threads on the JTR range. You will be sold for sure! We have both heard the Sig 8's and while they are a VERY nice speaker they will perform VERY different to the Trip 12's. If HT is more of a priority than music what ever you do, hold off for 3 weeks. I won't be able to fire them up for a few months yet so I would be more than happy to try them out at your store or your place. One condition though.... You have to arrange getting them there. The 3 trip 12's come in at about 200kgs and won't fit in my little civic. :P

Edited by Jason V

Hey mate. Do your self a favor and have a read of the AVS forum threads on the JTR range. You will be sold for sure! We have both heard the Sig 8's and while they are a VERY nice speaker they will perform VERY different to the Trip 12's. If HT is more of a priority than music what ever you do, hold off for 3 weeks. I won't be able to fire them up for a few months yet so I would be more than happy to try them out at your store or your place. One condition though.... You have to arrange getting them there. The 3 trip 12's come in at about 200kgs and won't fit in my little civic. :P

LOL :)

I think it would however be easier for potential auditioners to drag their AVR's down to your place if you didn't mind :). They'd need one with a good amp section (THX Ultra or better specs) though to drive the 4 ohm load.

LOL :)

I think it would however be easier for potential auditioners to drag their AVR's down to your place if you didn't mind :). They'd need one with a good amp section (THX Ultra or better specs) though to drive the 4 ohm load.

Once the room is finished i won't have a problem with almost anyone bringing their amp over. At the moment though it's just not possible. My room, in it's current state is just a big empty wooden box filled with about 20 other boxes and about an inch of saw dust. lol

Once the room is finished i won't have a problem with almost anyone bringing their amp over. At the moment though it's just not possible. My room, in it's current state is just a big empty wooden box filled with about 20 other boxes and about an inch of saw dust. lol

That's no excuse :)

What you should do is charge people for auditions of your speakers. I reckon a charge of 1hr of cleanup for 1hr of auditioning is fair :) That way it's a win win for both lol. You get to speed up your room construction and they get to audition speakers they otherwise wouldn't be able to eh?

Guest Jeff Permanian

JTR is not responseable for the hearing loss and the house's structural integrity of you or your neighbors or your neighbors : )

Edited by Jeff Permanian

JTR is not responseable for the hearing loss and the house's structural integrity of you or your neighbors or your neighbors : )

Hope you have a good lawyer friend Jeff to get that disclaimer drafted up for you :)

too easy I have the company van , ill come and pick you up and them, youve been meaning to come over anyway

let me know when you get them

Edited by crumpet

too easy I have the company van , ill come and pick you up and them, youve been meaning to come over anyway

let me know when you get them

Oh you are gonna be in for a big grin comparing them against the B&W 6 series :)

Between this and blades Seaton thread I have become really interested in hearing some high efficiency, high power handling speakers (particularly these two brands). The seatons appeal to me more due to them being active (makes the system simple to setup, clean, uncluttered etc.) but these JTR's seem to be at a very competitive price point. I could see a 11.4 HT system in my distant distant future and these would be high on the audition list :)

Between this and blades Seaton thread I have become really interested in hearing some high efficiency, high power handling speakers (particularly these two brands). The seatons appeal to me more due to them being active (makes the system simple to setup, clean, uncluttered etc.) but these JTR's seem to be at a very competitive price point. I could see a 11.4 HT system in my distant distant future and these would be high on the audition list :)

If the Catalysts / Sparks ever turn up so I can write a review you might have something to compare it to ;)

I will be having a couple of GTG's for punters to evaluate the Seatons. Subjective reviews are one thing, listening to something yourself is entirely another as you know :)

My annual leave is over so it's back to work for me <_<

Blade

If the Catalysts / Sparks ever turn up so I can write a review you might have something to compare it to ;)

I will be having a couple of GTG's for punters to evaluate the Seatons. Subjective reviews are one thing, listening to something yourself is entirely another as you know :)

My annual leave is over so it's back to work for me <_<

Blade

hehe, yours will arrive very soon, just hold on there mate :)

Can't wait for the reviews and hopefully a look see and a listen at some stage :)

No doubting that the JTR's are at a great pricepoint.

However as you are aware first hand, there are differences between active and passive speaker systems. Having an active one now and getting used to that sort of sound, you may prefer the Catalysts over the Trip 12's. But without listening to both, you never know :)

hehe, yours will arrive very soon, just hold on there mate :)

Can't wait for the reviews and hopefully a look see and a listen at some stage :)

The way it's going it looks like gonna be a photo finish between the Seatons and the JTR's. Sorry Blade.....jokes, jokes ;)

Edited by Jason V

The way it's going it looks like gonna be a photo finish between the Seatons and the JTR's. Sorry Blade.....jokes, jokes ;)

Mate I'm all for options and the JTR's & Seatons both have their place in the world (Of course). I doubt I'd be disappointed with either brand of speaker but mainly went with the Catalysts as they were built with HT in mind first and foremost (Along with their power).

Blade

Mate I'm all for options and the JTR's & Seatons both have their place in the world (Of course). I doubt I'd be disappointed with either brand of speaker but mainly went with the Catalysts as they were built with HT in mind first and foremost (Along with their power).

Blade

I meant neck and neck in delivery time NOT performance. As far as performance goes it's a one horse race with the Seatons in the the front. :) 6000w has got to account for something lol.

Edited by Jason V

I meant neck and neck in delivery time NOT performance. As far as performance goes it's a one horse race with the Seatons in the the front. :) 6000w has got to account for something lol.

That's not even a contest mate. You'll have your JTR's long before I have my Catalysts at this rate.

And with dual Subwoofers it's 8000watts :lol:

Blade

Drizt,

I have a feeling that the big push on the midbass is room related. It's a summative effect of all those 8 inch drivers I reckon. My room has an odd half dodecagon front (bay window setup) that focuses midbass into the listening position I think. Jeff says he has voiced the speakers flat in midair and should know what he's talking about (I hope anyway lol). If my ankle were better (and I had my laptop back) I'd take them outside to check but right now, I think I'll just assume it's from the room and see what Audyssey can do with it. No harm having free midbass imo :) Amp power can be allocated to other less power hungry areas instead :)