2010 Panasonic Tv Lineup

2010 Is Here.

Panasonic's 2010 VIERA® lineup is something to be excited about. From Plasma to LCD & LED and a new selection of screen sizes - not to mention Full HD 3D - this year's VIERA® HDTVs feature the latest technology and innovation to make your viewing experience superior - no matter what you're watching.

From the CES 2010 Press kit, below is a listing of the Panasonic 2010 TV range. Many plasmas, some LCDs and also some LEDs. 3D seems to be the big buzz item for this year with Panasonic also releasing 3D HD camcorders, video editing suite and 3D Bluray players/recorders.

Also of note is a 152" quadruple HD (4K x 2K resolution) 3d screen

Plasma

V25 Series Full HD 3D HDTVs:

Feel like you're there with Full HD 3D delivering unprecedented realism to sports, concerts and movies.

THX® Certified Display ensures that movie images are played back as movie creators intended them.

Infinite Black Pro increases contrast levels offering deep black and minimizes reflection for a bright, vivid image and heightened viewing pleasure with great color replication.

With VIERA CAST™, enjoy web entertainment right on your HDTV. It provides a USB terminal for a keyboard and Wireless LAN Adaptor. No PC required!

V20 Series Full HD 3D HDTVs:

Feel like you're there with Full HD 3D delivering unprecedented realism to sports, concerts and movies.

THX® Certified Display ensures that movie images are played back as movie creators intended them.

Infinite Black Pro increases contrast levels offering deep black and minimizes reflection for a bright, vivid image and heightened viewing pleasure with great color replication.

With VIERA CAST™, enjoy web entertainment right on your HDTV. It provides a USB terminal for a keyboard and Wireless LAN Adaptor. No PC required!

G25 Series 1080p Plasma HDTVs:

Infinite Black Panel increases contrast levels offering deep black and minimizes reflection for a bright, vivid image and heightened viewing pleasure.

With VIERA Image Viewer, the built-in SD card reader makes it easy to play back digital photos and home videos recorded on your AVCHD camcorder.

G20 Series 1080p Plasma HDTVs:

Infinite Black Panel increases contrast levels offering deep black and minimizes reflection for a bright, vivid image and heightened viewing pleasure.

With VIERA Image Viewer, the built-in SD card reader makes it easy to play back digital photos and home videos recorded on your AVCHD camcorder.

S2 Series 1080p Plasma HDTVs:

Full-time 1080p Moving Picture Resolution produces crisp images by maintaining full TV lines of resolution even in fast moving scenes.

With VIERA Image Viewer, the built-in SD card reader provides a great way to share your digital photos with friends and family.

Clean Touch bezel on VIERA HDTV's finish helps maintain a clean surface.

U2 Series 1080p Plasma HDTVs:

600Hz Sub-field Drive provides sharp, focused picture quality for sports, action and all other fast-moving scenes.

With VIERA Image Viewer, the built-in SD card reader provides a great way to share your digital photos with friends and family.

VIERA Link™ lets you control all compatible audio and video devices via a single remote and helpful on-screen menus.

C2 Series 720p Plasma HDTVs:

600Hz Sub-field Drive provides sharp, focused picture quality for sports, action and all other fast-moving scenes.

VIERA Link™ lets you control all compatible audio and video devices via a single remote and helpful on-screen menus.

S24 Series 1080p Plasma HDTVs:

Anti-reflective filter reduces reflection to optimize image quality.

X24 Series 720p Plasma HDTVs:

Anti-reflective filter reduces reflection to optimize image quality.

LED

D2 Series 1080p LED HDTVs:

The IPS LED television provides a 178° viewing range to deliver bright, sharp picture quality from almost anywhere in the room.

120Hz Motion Picture Pro 4 technology produces crisp, focused images for sports, dramatic action, and all other fast-moving scenes without unnecessary color trailing.

The iPod® Entertainment Kit lets you control and play back your iPod® music and videos directly from your iPhone and iPod® on your VIERA® HDTV.

D24 Series 1080p LED HDTVs:

The IPS display Panel delivers a 178° wide viewing angle with bright, clear images when viewed from almost any location in the room.

LCD

U25 Series 1080p LCD HDTVs:

The IPS display Panel delivers a 178° wide viewing angle with bright, clear images when viewed from almost any location in the room.

120Hz Motion Picture Pro 4 technology produces crisp, focused images for sports, dramatic action, and all other fast-moving scenes without unnecessary color trailing.

U22 Series 1080p LCD HDTVs:

X2 Series 720p LCD HDTVs:

The iPod® Entertainment Kit lets you control and play back your iPod® music and videos directly from your iPhone and iPod® on your VIERA® HDTV.

Clean Touch bezel on VIERA HDTV's finish helps maintain a clean surface.

C22 Series 720p LCD HDTVs:

S24 Series 1080p LCD HDTVs:

X24 Series 720p LCD HDTVs:

Edited by diesel

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read last Year panny were phasing out 720p Plasmas,obviously not, but you would think they have buckleys chance of competing sucessfully against LCD now the 40" FHD models have broken the $1000 barrier. OLED technology has gone quiet,interesting their pushing 3D with LCD & Plasma instead.

Are we fast approach (gone past) the point where new models can only offer gimmicks rather than any substantial PQ improvement? (Not that this point isn't a bad place to be in the development cycle)

A bit like when B&W printers when to some huge dots per inch value that no one could actually differentiate the output from older models?

It seems to me that unless you are a serious AV enthusiast (Large BluRay collection, dedicated TV room, >50"" TV, high quality surround sound system, then these TVs have very little to offer over last years model?

Be interesting to see how early adopters think of the 3D picture quality. Will people find it noticibly degrades the 2D experience and introduces old/new artifacts?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

I read last Year panny were phasing out 720p Plasmas,obviously not, but you would think they have buckleys chance of competing sucessfully against LCD now the 40" FHD models have broken the $1000 barrier. OLED technology has gone quiet,interesting their pushing 3D with LCD & Plasma instead.

Many would still buy a 768p 50"plasma for ~$1000 than 40" FHD LCD. Screen inches mean a lot still.

Are we fast approach (gone past) the point where new models can only offer gimmicks rather than any substantial PQ improvement? (Not that this point isn't a bad place to be in the development cycle)
To be honest Peter, I can't imagine sitting down in front of the TV with a pair of glasses on to watch TV....what about the rest of the family?

Maybe wifi with media playing capabilities and the Skype functionality is more the sort of features I'd use, but 3D just seems too fiddly to be bothered with.

They haven't made any noise about reduced power consumptions - just all the Full HD 3D baloo - but the specs say 4 Star energy rating which I think is much better than current models which IIRC are 2 or 2.5 star?

WRT to filters, they say they have a new filter technology on their NeoPDPs, but we'll have to wait and see if it's just marketing guff or whether it does do a better job than their current filters. Hopefully the ex-Pio engineers are having some input.

Another Panasonic 2010 TV range site here with more details and a comparison between the models here - comparison chart

I quite like the finish on the bezel of the S series

PLASMA

V series - 50", 54", 58", 65"

G Series - 42", 46", 50", 54"

S Series - 42", 46", 50", 54" 58" 65"

U Series - 42", 50"

C Series - 42", 46", 50"

LCD

D Series - 37", 42"

U Series - 32", 37", 42"x2 (U22 and U25)

X Series - 22", 32", 37"

C Series - 32", 37"

Edited by diesel

If it's imperative to use specialized glasses to watch 3D on these new panels why not as an alternative design a head-up display that is capable of the same thing.

Surely that would be cheaper to manufacture in mass production than a significantly larger and more costly panel than most households would want to accommodate or afford.

Doing this would allow those interested in perpetual 3D immersion to throw up during video games,while watching Alien 3D and anything else that might make you wet the bed at night.

'In-Your-Face' 3D is the only way to go .... especially after a night at the pub.

Why not produce a CinemaScope panel first, of the height of a 50" 16:9 panel to accommodate movie lovers now ? ...Rather than impose a whole new set of gimmickry in electronics on a fickle market. In the end making the whole razzamatazz too expensive for the average consumer to enjoy will simply kill it in its tracks.

C.M

Edited by Tweet

If I was due for a new set, i'd probably be looking at the larger sized V series again, on THX settings alone. Don't think i'd care about the 3D side of things as there won't be enough decent movies for a long while to make it worth using. but as a bonus, the V is the most future-proof (if this is possible, just in case this 3D thing takes off sooner rather than later).

So are you saying wait for the new V series or buy the current model now?

Sorry, Diesel. I meant that if I was in the market for a new plasma by the time these 2010 models are released, I'd go the V-series.

But since I purchased the current V-series, I won't be buying for a few years at least.

:)

Seems like the main difference between the 2009 & 2010 V-series is the 3D, power consumption & maybe black levels (newer filter). But I'd expect the 2010 to be worth a bit more thanks to the 3D.

Probably too early to say which to go for as the 2009 model should go for a bargain when the new model hits the shelves.

+ we don't know what Samsung have up their sleeve yet.

;)

Edited by Ralfi

Personally I wouldn't bother with 3d TV. This is a failure waiting to happen.

As a novelty I have enjoyed 3d at the cinema but at home on a smaller screen would be a waste of time.

I would wait until the price of 3d projectors fall in price. This is probably the best way to appreciate the technology however I am not holding my breath.

Furthermore paying excessively for a 3d BR player and TV plus media as an adopter is something I refuse to do.

Edited by CC Rider

Personally I wouldn't bother with 3d TV. This is a failure waiting to happen.

+1. After watching a few movies in 3D in the theatres, a lot of my family members who wear glasses, complained of headaches. IMHO and experience, sustained viewing of 3D images is straining on my eyes. I can't watch all regular shows in 3D in the living room as it would be tiring :ninja:

what movies have you guys seen in 3d that aren't that good? i'm just trying to gauge peoples opinions on this. as i've had friends that have seen, avatar, up, cloudy chance of meatballs, u2 concert and shrek 4d

i tend to agree, from what i've seen i'm not overly impressed from the cinemas, but in sayign that i'm never impressed with cinemas in comparison to HD bluray type stuff at home, and that may be where this technology has advantages, at home.

I remember seeing shrek 4d ages ago and that seemed ok, but i wasn't really into home theatre as much.

i saw avatar 3d the other day and i want to see it on bluray in 2d. 3d was still not that great to me, yet others think its good, i found my eyes focusing all over the show and lots of the effects seemed flat 3d, as in a tree stands out but its flat, not how a tree should look.

i worked at a GIS company that did proper 3d rendering in stereo at 120hz and that was much more impressive, even on a small 24" screen. this was what i was hoping to see with avatar as it used polarised lens and reald explaination seemed similar to what i remember the stereographers telling me. but it was definitely not as i'd hoped.

was reading also that james cameron wanted to film avatar at a minimum of 60fps for 3d as he understands how important frame rate is for 3d, instead fox or whoever wanted him to film it in 24fps, perhaps easier to implement 3d at 24p to existing cinemas than 60p, not sure. i think if he was able to release avatar 3d at 60fps on bluray for the 3d editon and 24p for the 2d edition and we had proper 3d capable devices at home we may find the experience different.

also as sony is one of the big players in bluray and the 3d they are most likely going to implement it in games where they can control the resolution and framerates. the avatar game in 3d that i read about after seeing a post about it on dtvforum, people were impressed by it at an official showing. where of course good glasses, good 3d capable devices etc. they said the involvement of the game was amazing, crouching the character behind something and having arrows bullets etc firing over head, pop up to shoot, see arrows and stuff comign at you, duck down.

i can see it taking off, but it may be games that really push it and the movie executives will have to relax on the traditional 24fps that has been the standard for 2d movies, but is definitely not sufficient for 3d.