Black Wii For Australia?

Last time I checked, a couple of months ago, straight from high up in Nintendo Australia there were no plans for a local release of the black Wii.

Which, if anybody knows how Nintendo works, means they could be in stores tomorrow. ;)

Cheers!

Flumpf.

You could always buy a regular white Wii and get a replacement case for it. Only downside is you will void your warranty.

Not that it really matters since the other option is the UK Wii and you probably wouldn't get a warranty here because it's an import.

Wii's rarely die anyway, so buy one locally and mod away! :lol:

just import one mate if black is important to you:

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/best-ever-sale...ntendo-wii.list

or just case-mod a normal one, some of them look pretty damn cool

I don't want to mod one or I'd have done that ages ago

And zavvi won't ship this OS

Important Note! We can only ship this product to United Kingdom addresses. We apologise for any inconvenience. All prices include UK VAT and delivery.

I thought the RRP was down to $349 here. Still too expensive what what is essentially an upgraded Gamecube.

There has been no official drop but rare one off prices of $300 have been spotted in the wild. $388 at bigw yesterday (launch wii sports bundle). Other then that there are useless shovel-ware bundles that sellers clean up on due to the average wii buyers ignorance.

• 4 weeks later...

You could always buy a regular white Wii and get a replacement case for it. Only downside is you will void your warranty.

Not that it really matters since the other option is the UK Wii and you probably wouldn't get a warranty here because it's an import.

Wii's rarely die anyway, so buy one locally and mod away! :lol:

I'm on my second faulty Wii, so I would say they are as prone to failure as any other console.

• 4 weeks later...