Boxing Day Sales?!?

Sony centre Sydney

40we5 $1498 with 3 yr wty and blu Ray player.

What sony centre was that?

Next to town hall station or world square?

Cause i went to town hall station and i don't remember seeing that :S

Whats diff between we5 and w5500.. are they the same.. is we5 the eco series one? is it 100 hz? =\

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a Hisense and forget about a Panasonic. Practice what you preach.

Why does every no-name spruiker end up buying a Samsung or Panasonic TV ?

your a knob, if you read the other thread i said go and look. By the way we have a hisense and its a great tv for the price we paid for it. Had a very very minor issue with the sound (wouldnt pass through sound from our foxtel box on the connection i wanted it on) they replaced my tv with a newer model the next day, no questions asked. this is with the tv being 2yrs old. where are your going to get service like that from sony/samsung/panasonic???

im looking to upgrade our 42" samsung for the lounge, hense asking about the panasonic... go preach your crap somewhere else.

your a knob, if you read the other thread i said go and look. By the way we have a hisense and its a great tv for the price we paid for it. Had a very very minor issue with the sound (wouldnt pass through sound from our foxtel box on the connection i wanted it on) they replaced my tv with a newer model the next day, no questions asked. this is with the tv being 2yrs old. where are your going to get service like that from sony/samsung/panasonic???

im looking to upgrade our 42" samsung for the lounge, hense asking about the panasonic... go preach your crap somewhere else.

You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?

Come on boys - its Christmas....the time for Songsungs AND Goodsense!

Jb hifi in Doncaster were selling the panasonic v10 50inch for $2400

Yeah,i think that must be JB's new price-point for the V,i was in Sydney for a couple Weeks pre Xmas and JB Chatswood gave us that price straight off but wouldn't go lower or offer any free warranty etc. Next best price after that was around $2700-2800 but no seemed to want to do a deal,too busy trying to push the G model which after a while becomes annoying.I'm looking for one for a relative but in no hurry so will try Gold-Coast Brisbane next Week so if anyone sees a good price for the V in SE Qld,please post.

Picked one up for $1050 today from Harvey Norman.

Hi,I want to purchase a Pana 50 14x tomorrow.I am told JB have them for 1188 but if you could tell me where you got yours or better post a receipt I will have something to bargain with.Cheers

Abuse, abuse, abuse. It's all that people like you with your double standards are capable of. If the Hisense is THAT damn good and your personal experience with the Hi-Shing is THAT great, why don't you get another one for your lounge ? Why do you want to buy a Panasonic or a Samsung ? Because the Hi-Shing sh*t itself and the big brands didn't !

Post ONE good deal, ONE good offer, ONE honest piece of advice first before going and shooting your mouth off.

QUOTE (scotty01 @ Dec 26 2009, 03:35 PM)

Just an edit on above, maybe the sammy wasnt full HD at that price, even though thats what the salesman said. He tried to push me towards it, but I told him it was just to big for my room

I believe that was the HD (1366X768) B450. The salesman wasn't telling the truth.

Just saw the ad on tele and it clearly states FULL HD which is interesting

Edited by Ryan

What sony centre was that?

Next to town hall station or world square?

Cause i went to town hall station and i don't remember seeing that :S

Whats diff between we5 and w5500.. are they the same.. is we5 the eco series one? is it 100 hz? =\

The Sony shop - the one of George street - not town hall. The WE5 has the ECO power saving thing and is supposedly cheaper to run, otherwise the same tv

Just for the record bought today

A sony KDL46W5500 $1750

2yr Extended $70 (take the warranty to 5yrs)

This tele also still has the blue ray offer

JB hifi Kotara

th sony shop on geroge street in Sydney has the WE5 which is the step up model at $1698. same TV but has the power eco feature

Abuse, abuse, abuse. It's all that people like you with your double standards are capable of. If the Hisense is THAT damn good and your personal experience with the Hi-Shing is THAT great, why don't you get another one for your lounge ? Why do you want to buy a Panasonic or a Samsung ? Because the Hi-Shing sh*t itself and the big brands didn't !

Post ONE good deal, ONE good offer, ONE honest piece of advice first before going and shooting your mouth off.

And its all gone quiet over here........ There have been a few that have stood the moral high ground on the Yum Cha TV's in here, only to be caught out buying the recognised ones at a later date. Many of these talk the talk, but rarely walk the walk............

Many of these talk the talk, but rarely walk the walk............

None of them has actually walked the walk. You know what they say - "the bigger they are, the harder they fall".

I can think of a suggestion for our mate "aequitas" though - if you want a 50" HD plasma with a 3 year warranty, how about walking into your friendly Clive Peeters store and getting a Pangoo ?

It ticks all the boxes -

1) no-name brand

2) made by a huge Chinese conglomerate

3) price similar to that of established brands

4) pushed by people on this forum

5) has locked threads

6) never purchased by the people who push it

Another example I just had, but with a DVD player instead of a tv.

I spent $49 on boxing day sale at GG for a yum-cha DVD player with USB feature, only to find out it cannot read my 16GB flash memory. I tested it with a 2GB stick and it worked fine. I don't know what the limit is since the manual is yum-cha quality and didn't even mention anything about USB.

So I took it back and got a Sony. No problem whatsoever with reading 16GB. You really get what you pay for!

Guest scotty01
Just an edit on above, maybe the sammy wasnt full HD at that price, even though thats what the salesman said. He tried to push me towards it, but I told him it was just to big for my room

I saw the retra ad last night too, looks like its legit!

Looks like the saleman was correct Kulfi

Could be a good buy for some

I saw the retra ad last night too, looks like its legit!

Looks like the saleman was correct Kulfi

Could be a good buy for some

I agree. If that's the 50" B550 then it comes with a free 22" LCD so it's a monster of a deal ! Or junior monster of a deal after the Pana 54" S10 for $1999 from West Coast Hi-Ft.

Another example I just had, but with a DVD player instead of a tv.

I spent $49 on boxing day sale at GG for a yum-cha DVD player with USB feature, only to find out it cannot read my 16GB flash memory. I tested it with a 2GB stick and it worked fine. I don't know what the limit is since the manual is yum-cha quality and didn't even mention anything about USB.

So I took it back and got a Sony. No problem whatsoever with reading 16GB. You really get what you pay for!

I have a $39 yum-cha DVD player with a USB port. The stupid thing completely locks up when I connect USB drives formatted on NTFS (accepts FAT32 only).

However, it's connected to the bedroom TV and is used very rarely so I couldn't be bothered getting another one.