Denon Dbp-4010-ud Universal Player

ponders..... <_<

Works well but unlike Oppo it reverts back to default region at power-off for both DVD and Blu-ray

Possibly a bonus as I guess it depends on what one prefers.

Only been half a week but worthwhile to avoid the firmware update debacle.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works well but unlike Oppo it reverts back to default region at power-off for both DVD and Blu-ray

Possibly a bonus as I guess it depends on what one prefers.

Only been half a week but worthwhile to avoid the firmware update debacle.

Thanks for the info though just so that I have my head around it....

If the unit is unlocked and you then apply a firmware update it may make your machine default as US for an example like a couple of us have allready done previously. You then have to do some sort of magic with the remote to enable the region free to play AU discs etc?

Edited by Azz123

Thanks for the info though just so that I have my head around it....

If the unit is unlocked and you then apply a firmware update it may make your machine default as US for an example like a couple of us have allready done previously. You then have to do some sort of magic with the remote to enable the region free to play AU discs etc?

I see what you mean. Yes if you do a firmware update it will reset DVD region to region 2 ( UK region) and it will therefore default to region 2 for DVD's each time it is powered off. To play an Aus DVD you need to set it to region 4. Code is [red button] 4 [enter]. To play a reg 1 DVD it would be [red button] 1 [enter].

• 4 months later...

Not sure if anyone has Reg A or modded player but as a heads up the US title Source Code won't play on the 4010.

Trailer plays of course but the 4010 locks up when trying to display the Top Menu.

Cannot find a bypass and have reported to Denon. :(

Disc plays fine on my Soniq of course :rolleyes:

Not sure if anyone has Reg A or modded player but as a heads up the US title Source Code won't play on the 4010.

Trailer plays of course but the 4010 locks up when trying to display the Top Menu.

Cannot find a bypass and have reported to Denon. :(

Disc plays fine on my Soniq of course :rolleyes:

:) You can't deny the functionality of such a cheap machine B) Mine's still going strong too (touch wood) :lol:

:) You can't deny the functionality of such a cheap machine B) Mine's still going strong too (touch wood) :lol:

Have to agree, it is a good performer!

Have installed it in HT room to watch Source Code tonight then back to TV room .

Have to agree, it is a good performer!

Have installed it in HT room to watch Source Code tonight then back to TV room .

I know its overkill and a little expensive but when I got my OPPO 95 I intended to put my free Panasonic BD player in the other room to play BD there. Bought RF kit and installed on my OPPO. Now have left the Panasonic BDT300 in the system and now never a need to adjust anything. Was halfway thru watching a BD in the oppo the other night and have just left it in there and last night wanted to watch "The way back" on DVD.

So just thru it in the BDT300.

So easy to do and avoids all the annoying button pushes for Region on BD.