Content Reference Identifier (crid) Information Appearing

I haven't looked at it closely yet but it appears Seven Melbourne has started sending TV-Anytime style data for those interested.

EDIT: Only noticed type 1 CRID's so it is probably useless if they don't also send type 2 CRID's (Series).

Edited by cttc

• 3 weeks later...
I wish broadcasters would just insert the content type like ABC do all the time and SBS some of the time. My tv then has a selection menu to choose from the type I want to see e.g. Children's, SPort, News etc.

It's unclear from the FreeTV Operational Practices guides (39, 44 & 58 are the relevant guides) whether the stations should be sending valid content_descriptor data (it certainly allows them to). If they do send it, OP 39 says what it means.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

just a question on this CRID system can implement this into my current PVR ?? if so how?? so annoying missing the end of my shows sometimes

also is this CRID information free for anybody to use?

btw im using a Topfield 7100plus PVR

thanks guys/girls

just a question on this CRID system can implement this into my current PVR ?? if so how?? so annoying missing the end of my shows sometimesalso is this CRID information free for anybody to use?

Its meant to be only available to Freeeview PVRs and only future models.

However as you note, it is being broadcast openly, so theoretically a non Freeview PVR could have its firmware updated to handle CRIDs.

We'll all have to just wait and see what PVR makers of all flavours do. Till then, just keep adding 15 minutes of post padding to your timers.

Regards

Peter Gillespie