Hisense 100hz Lcd T69 42inch

Guest troymox

Guest troymox

Hi Guys,

I've been looking at buying this 100Hz LCD Hisense. It's currently advertised for $1590 at most good stores but I can get it for $1300. Is it worth it? Does anyone out there own one and if so is it worth buying? Any ideas/thoughts on this would be helpfull.

The main use of the TV is just play pay tv/dvd's and Wii. My budget is around the $1300 mark.

Cheers :D

Edited by troymox

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I've been looking at buying this 100Hz LCD Hisense. It's currently advertised for $1590 at most good stores but I can get it for $1300. Is it worth it? Does anyone out there own one and if so is it worth buying? Any ideas/thoughts on this would be helpfull.

The main use of the TV is just play pay tv/dvd's and Wii. My budget is around the $1300 mark.

Cheers :D

Nah, Hisense nosense...

You can find alot more for $1300 than that panel can offer you. Spend another $200 and you'll get a lovely panel. The cheap brands now are just that, cheap... they get technology second gen from companies like Samsung, Panasonic and Sony.

JSmith :ninja:

Guest troymox

I haven't bought the Wii yet. The only reason I'm going with LCD is because I've been told it's better tech. I know panasonic is selling a plasma 's' full HD 1080 46' with a Wii for around $1780 I haven't tried chipping down the price with them because I was only looking at LCD's. Should I be looking at a LCD or would a plasma do the same job?

50" Pana G10 is ticketed at $1941 in JB. You could get the 50" S10 for $1616 using receipts posted earlier AND get a free Wii.

Alternately, Sony's 40" V5500 Bravia is ticketed at $1288 in several stores. The Hisense suddenly doesn't make sense !

I haven't bought the Wii yet. The only reason I'm going with LCD is because I've been told it's better tech. I know panasonic is selling a plasma 's' full HD 1080 46' with a Wii for around $1780 I haven't tried chipping down the price with them because I was only looking at LCD's. Should I be looking at a LCD or would a plasma do the same job?

Plasma will do the same job, but it depends on whether the room has alot of ambient light as plasma's are more reflective. They tend to run hotter and some complain of buzzing at certain altitudes. Burn in can be an issue with some older model plasma's but not so much in newer models. I would buy on LCD though for gaming (some may disagree).

Here are some prices for series 5 & 6 Samsung LCD's anyway, but you should look around at all this alot yourself and read some reviews etc.

Series 6 40"

Series 5 40"

Series 5 46"

Cheap Series 5/6 40"

The series 7 is better though if you can go higher.

Of course there is Sony, Sharp, LG etc., Sharp have a nice 40" LED backlit LCD (no local dimming however) but it is more than you probably want to spend... think it comes with a free XBOX though ;)

Good luck.

Of course there is Sony, Sharp, LG etc., Sharp have a nice 40" LED backlit LCD (no local dimming however) but it is more than you probably want to spend... think it comes with a free XBOX though ;)

The Sharp CCFL-backlit LCD also comes with the XBox. It's available for under $1490 from Bing Lee stores in NSW.

Guest troymox
Plasma will do the same job, but it depends on whether the room has alot of ambient light as plasma's are more reflective. They tend to run hotter and some complain of buzzing at certain altitudes. Burn in can be an issue with some older model plasma's but not so much in newer models. I would buy on LCD though for gaming (some may disagree).

Here are some prices for series 5 & 6 Samsung LCD's anyway, but you should look around at all this alot yourself and read some reviews etc.

Series 6 40"

Series 5 40"

Series 5 46"

Cheap Series 5/6 40"

The series 7 is better though if you can go higher.

Good luck.

I took your advice....now the only problem is I've fallen for the series 6 40. The features on it are fantastic and the picture quality next to the sony or any other brand of the same price showed it as a real leader. Trying to get one in my budget is going to be the major issue. The cheapest I could get anyone to was just under $1700. I didn't want to go much above $1300/1400......Oh well I will have to keep trying to haggle. I don't think I could be happy with a 50hz model after seeing them perform side by side either.

This 100Hz nonsense is really confusing the customers and allowing everyone to make a fortune. I overheard this conversation in a computer store today -

Customer (wanting to buy a media player box) : Are you sure this will work with my TV ?

Salesman : Yes, I think it should.

Customer : Well, I have a TV with 100Hz, so this may not work.

Salesman : 100Hz has nothing to do with a media player box.

Customer : My laptop doesn't display an image on my TV because the TV has 100Hz.

Salesman : Sir, a laptop's display does not get affected by 100Hz.

Customer (walking away) : I think I'll avoid buying it because the TV has 100Hz.

I stepped outside and was laughing non-stop for 10 minutes on George St ! :lol::lol:

Edited by kulfi

• 2 weeks later...
The Sharp CCFL-backlit LCD also comes with the XBox. It's available for under $1490 from Bing Lee stores in NSW.

Is this the same one that's advertised for $1991 in their December catalogue?

Oh, Good Guys have advertised a Hisense 42" LCD for $797 (save $500):

1080p LCT TV

4000:1 native contrast ratio

500cd/m2 brightness,

6.5ms response time

3 x HDMI inputs

at their Boxing Day slae.

Is this any good?

Edited by ray888

don't bight my head off, this is just my opinion :)

tvs that are not the major brand do have their place in the market :)

there are the people who are hard pressed to even afford one of them :(

or the people that think, hey, it's probably got to be upgraded in a couple of years anyway so why spend up big? <_<

or they do make it reasonable to set one up in a kids area for games and movies :)

don't bight my head off, this is just my opinion :)

tvs that are not the major brand do have their place in the market :)

there are the people who are hard pressed to even afford one of them :(

or the people that think, hey, it's probably got to be upgraded in a couple of years anyway so why spend up big? <_<

or they do make it reasonable to set one up in a kids area for games and movies :)

I agree and that's why I said "you get what you pay for".

If someone wants to get a no-name brand TV for an application where it's going to be tossed out in 2-3 years because of misuse or excessive use, then these cheap TVs are lighter on the wallet. If someone wants a quality product to keep in the lounge room for at least 7 years, then the branded TVs are a better buy.

• 1 month later...

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT buy a Hisense TV. I am going through the most horrendous issues trying to get either a replacement (this'll be the third) or my money back.

I have no issue with the PQ. What I do have an issue with is the run a round I'm getting when speaking to their support staff. Never have I had to talk with such a bunch of unprofessional clowns. Every occasion I have phoned and they have said that yep they'll be sending out TV number 3 I get asked the same questions. What's your phone and what's your address. I have no faith in this company at all when I don't believe that they have any intention in sending out a replacement TV.

Poor form. Shouldn't gone Samsung like I intended.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT buy a Hisense TV. I am going through the most horrendous issues trying to get either a replacement (this'll be the third) or my money back.

I have no issue with the PQ. What I do have an issue with is the run a round I'm getting when speaking to their support staff. Never have I had to talk with such a bunch of unprofessional clowns. Every occasion I have phoned and they have said that yep they'll be sending out TV number 3 I get asked the same questions. What's your phone and what's your address. I have no faith in this company at all when I don't believe that they have any intention in sending out a replacement TV.

I bought the 55 inch for $1750 and i thought it was a bargain until i got it home , the screen was faulty i repacked the tv and took it back the next day and exchanged it for a panasonic .The question i would like to ask are the units in the shop the same as the ones you buy .

if you are not happy repack it and return it to where you bought it from

I have no issue with the PQ.

It wouldn't be possible to have any issues with PQ after you've bought the product anyway.

What's this "issue" that's forcing you to replace the TV thrice ? Is it a panel that keeps on breaking down ? If so, you could try to invoke a "lemon" policy and get a refund or store credit.

What's this "issue" that's forcing you to replace the TV thrice ? Is it a panel that keeps on breaking down ? If so, you could try to invoke a "lemon" policy and get a refund or store credit.

The HDMI ports on the first one died. Anything plugged in via HDMI would shudder and flicker. The second one has this weird issue (and it would appear not just an issue with my unit) that when switching from one resolution to another instead of returning to a screen with an image it just stays black. The only way to get around this annoying problem is to turn it off then back on again. Now I've replaced HDMI cables, I've even had one sent to me by Hisense and it still does it. I've had it with both a PS3 and a TiVo.

Now I've since been promised as a "lets keep this guy happy" a 47" model as a replacement. Wow I says, what a gratious offer I says. Well yes it would be if I actually had this splendid offer in my house displaying a magnificent image for all and sundry to ogle.

I've heard of this lemon thing. I must investigate further.

Sorry to hear that mate, I hope they replace your set asap otherwise a call to the DFT may be in order...

No issue with PQ? Why, its/they're rubbish IMO. No need to defend the PQ of a company that can't even give you basic service.

I'd demand a refund and become quite noisy, remember the squeeky wheel gets the most attention. Best of luck.

If so, you could try to invoke a "lemon" policy and get a refund or store credit.

Well I must say what a brilliant piece of advice. I just rang the store and explained what had happened and low and behold I am getting issued a store credit. Dang I love it when some good advice pays off.

Edited by windeath

Now I've since been promised as a "lets keep this guy happy" a 47" model as a replacement. Wow I says, what a gratious offer I says.

Picking up a 47" Hisense is "opening the door to another round of pain", I says.

Looks to me like these guys haven't figured out how to build a decent circuit for HDMI switching. There might be other circuits that may not be working properly either - but it's just that you haven't tried out those parts of the TV yet. When you get to those, more issues may appear.

In other words, Hisense seems to be performing like Great Wall Motors. It motors along nicely until it hits a great wall - then you realise it was made of thin metal sheets and held together with superglue. Looks alll right but isn't any good.

Well I must say what a brilliant piece of advice. I just rang the store and explained what had happened and low and behold I am getting issued a store credit. Dang I love it when some good advice pays off.

I missed that before my previous post.

Getting the store credit is a good outcome and you can get something better. For the price of a 42" Hisense, I would suggest something like a 46" Samsung B550 (they're going really cheap these days).