Sign in to follow this  
roxtan

Panasonic Dmr-ez48v Eject?

HI all.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with any DVD recorder. This unit is 6 months old and each time we switch it on and wait till it is ready and then press the DVD eject button it does not work. If we then turn the unit off and then on again it tends to work second time round. So any ideas or pointers in the right direction.

I am going to try leaving it on standby mode and see if that works, not sure if it is a boot up issue or a physical glitch.

thanks for any pointers.

Kev

Take it back as it's still in the 12 month warranty and get an exchange

Take it back as it's still in the 12 month warranty and get an exchange

Thanks diesel

The shop has already told me to contact panasonic myself and they will advise of local repairer, if it was faulty within 2 weeks of purchase they the shop would have exchanged it. Am I in my right s to ask for as replacement regardless from the shop?

It did it again today. After second time I switched on it was fine and for the rest of the day I have been testing it and so far at intervals of 1 to 4 hours it has worked well. Seems that perhaps after being turned off for 12 hours it needs that restart. That makes me thing firmware issue.

Ok did some digging and called a few places. I seem to need a firmware file called VB-307.zip. BUT I cannot find it anywhere on the net. Does anyone know where on the panasonic site they hide theses things. ;)

Send Panasonic an email via their Support section on their website

Send Panasonic an email via their Support section on their website

I did that and this was the reply

"Dear ,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Panasonic with your enquiry.

The details on this email indicate that the DVD Recorder has developed a fault that will need to be assessed and repaired by an Authorised Service Centre.

Please use the link below to locate your nearest Authorised Service Centre:

http://www.panasonic.com.au/support/service%5Fcentres/

Kind Regards,

Gavin.

Panasonic Customer Care

www.panasonic.com.au"

Like I d did not do that first up.

As it so happens i got hold of the firmware PANA_DVD.FRM a file that was called VB-307.zip (Wed 02 Sep 2009)

but when I burnt it to a disk to insert the unit says unsupport then comes up with this disk not compatible.

Edited by roxtan

Are you sure it's an Australian firmware? You don't want to flash your VCR/DVD with FW designed for another country as this can render the unit inoperable.

How did you burn to disc - left the file in the same container (Zip) or did you unzip and then burn to DVD? Did you finalise the disc? What format is the disc -R/+R/RAM. Does the unit have a SD card slot maybe you can use?

Are you sure it's an Australian firmware? You don't want to flash your VCR/DVD with FW designed for another country as this can render the unit inoperable.

How did you burn to disc - left the file in the same container (Zip) or did you unzip and then burn to DVD? Did you finalise the disc? What format is the disc -R/+R/RAM. Does the unit have a SD card slot maybe you can use?

Yes it is Australia as it is from the repair shop. I unziped and then burn to DVD, I did finalise the disk, format was dvd -r

Does the unit have a SD card slot maybe you can use? NO

ok did the upgrade. It appears the cd or dvd I was using did not like my pc burner or visa versa.

Burnt the file to a different brand cd-rw and stuck it in the machine and it updated on its own. It should have been as easy as that. Now tomorrow morning I will test it out and see if this firmware worked.

well it worked. It has been a week now and the new firmware worked.

File name VB-307.zip, inside is a file called PANA_DVD.FRM and the fix is for

EZ48VGN.txt

Firmware_History

Category: DVD Recorder

For Europe,Oceania & Asia models

MODEL: DMR-EZ48VGN

Firm name: VB-307 (Main 3040VB) (Drive S120) (ST 1.05) (Loader 0.15)

Firm history: 1.Software change for changing DDR2 memory on main PCB.

Hopes this helps anyone else with this issue.

thread can now be closed as it is solved.

well sorry to report that this firmware did work for a while then not. Still after 12 hours or so it will not eject after first boot, second is fine.... OH well back to the drawing board...

Hi, roxtan, or anyone else if they can help.

I'm looking for firmware for my DMR-EZ48V which is asking for a firmware disc. It displays "LD FVD" on the panel and won't do anything else without a firmware disc.

I need the firmware file for the Australian version as listed in the posts above. Even though this thread is over two years old, and I'd prefer a newer version of the firmware, at this point ANY aussie firmware for this model will do.

If you can help, please email the firmware to me at panafirmware@gmail.com if you can. Any help would be appreciated.

I have US and Canadian versions of the firmware which I don't want to try unless I run out of options, since those machines are very different.