Yamaha Rx-v3900 & Kef3005se

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting the Yamaha 3900 receiver and the KEF 3005SE speakers. The only concern is that the yamaha output 140W per channel, and the KEFs can only handle 100W.

Will there be a problem if i pair them together? If there is a problem, i can change the amp to something else but i'm dead set on getting those speakers coz i have small room and the big floor standing speakers are not an option.

any suggestion guys?

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting the Yamaha 3900 receiver and the KEF 3005SE speakers. The only concern is that the yamaha output 140W per channel, and the KEFs can only handle 100W.

Will there be a problem if i pair them together? If there is a problem, i can change the amp to something else but i'm dead set on getting those speakers coz i have small room and the big floor standing speakers are not an option.

any suggestion guys?

You should be fine as long as you don't crank the avr up ALL the way!

Hi,

any suggestion guys?

You will be fine, mate. The KEF KHT3005SE 'egg' speakers are very capable and speaker manufacturers' claims are usually conservative, whereas amplifier manufacturers' claims are almost always extremely exaggerated.

I reckon it will be a top set-up, and will sound superb.

Enjoy and don't worry about turning it up loud - but if you start hearing any distortion, then turn it down a little.

Dan.

You will be fine, mate. The KEF KHT3005SE 'egg' speakers are very capable and speaker manufacturers' claims are usually conservative, whereas amplifier manufacturers' claims are almost always extremely exaggerated.

I reckon it will be a top set-up, and will sound superb.

Enjoy and don't worry about turning it up loud - but if you start hearing any distortion, then turn it down a little.

Dan.

Nice choice, you will be very VERY happy with the Kefs....I've had mine about 8 months and still get amazed at both the clarity and volume from the eggs...

Nice choice, you will be very VERY happy with the Kefs....I've had mine about 8 months and still get amazed at both the clarity and volume from the eggs...

The 140 watts from the 3900 is only two channels driven. When 5 channels are driven it's around the 100 Watt mark so no problem.

Steve :)