Sign in to follow this  
OzyDave

Mystar Hd - Issues And Comments

One of mine decided to delete everything I had recorded. Never has that happen before.

Any one else finding that the mute button wont work unless the box is rebooted.Happened yesterday and again today.When I rang their response was to blame the remote even though I told them that it worked after being rebooted.

Firstly, typical Austar! They've got a terrible Telstra attitude that I wish they'd shake.

And yes, I am having the same mute issue with my HD box. Have rebooted to fix, but problem returns. My OSD has been unresponsive and slow lately also. These issues normally correct themselves eventually, but it's been a good couple of weeks now and I'm very close to calling them myself.

Anyone else experiencing these issues or have fix?

I have some Panasonic components in the house, all networked. They all have DLNA. I also have two MystarHDs. Unfortunately, while they have network ports, they don't work.

I don't know how hard it is to re-program these things but if they could add DLNA functionality, even if it was restricted to viewing other Mystar recorded content, that'd make our day. Add in that and two way interactivity via the internet and fix the continuing and persistant bugs, then this machine would then be worth its rental costs.

I have had "normal" Mystar HD problems from the day I received it, but two weeks ago it failed every recording and would constantly reboot. Monday a technician brought a new receiver. Today it packed up. I get a D0-032 hard drive failure message. The best they would do is offer to send me a new receiver in 3-5 business days. I am not happy with Austar.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to receive a much better IQ and Austar can stop pumping out their notorious hardware.

considering the mystar boxes I heard costs $500 lol i think Austar did a rush job to get them out didn't test em properly lol i bet foxtel didn't do a rush jobn and made sure they all worked prior to released them lol least the remotes identical with the acception of Av button and the foxtel button.

Going by the above posts, is the Austar/Foxtel "merger" going to happen? And if so, are we really going to be able to get IQ boxes?

The MSHD has two tuners for satellite. Now, does it use any specific one for normal viewing? I think that one of the cables may be damaged as I had a new roof put on the house last week, and since then the problem surfaced.

While it was recording a show on one channel (which looked fine) all other channels that I switched to were badly breaking up or getting the usual loss of signal, clouds/storms message.

I have to go back into the roof to find the fault (maybe a broken tile fell on it or something). Just wondering how the Mystar works in regards to which tuner it selects for normal watching.

I see the old trick of removing the smartcard and doing a rescan to get the upcoming channels no longer works. All olympics channels are now viewable on a non provider box