Sign in to follow this  
OzyDave

Mystar Hd - Issues And Comments

Most PVRs do this, PVRs have evolved from VCRs. If youve been watching half a movie from the start, and you press record half way through the movie, you will have the whole movie recorded right from the start. This is good for example, for that you come accross a really a good movie, (and half way through the movie you decide to you love the movie) and for archival purposes you want to keep the entire copy of the movie.

All good PVRs do this, including Foxtel IQ.

However most good PVRS also let you rewind and fastforward with ease to get to the part your up to.

Another way around it would be to select across (left on the remote) before you play, and select "Play from Last Viewed". It will start from where you last stopped the video playback.

Manually forced an enhancement update last week - took about 10 minutes to go through and reboot...haven't noticed anything different so far!

The thin black line issue after the EPG graphic disappears remains.... :blink:

Anyone found any difference/improvements?

D.

Manually forced an enhancement update last week - took about 10 minutes to go through and reboot...haven't noticed anything different so far!

D.

After many months of quite acceptable performance, our MyStar HD has turned to crap over the last few weeks. I am guessing it might be caused by a recent new revision downloading. Extremely slow response to remote control, series linked programs are being missed with no errors shown, occasional self reboots. It is a pain in the @#$%.

Also very annoyed by the following behaviour:

I see a program that has been on for 10 minutes or so which I am interested in so I press record. That night or the next day, I go to the planner and select the program and find I have a recording of only the last couple of minutes and most of the next program.

D.

L57 - The only change I can see is the HDMI signal is now off at standby.

Still buggy and unreliable as ever, but it wouldn't be Austar if it was a reliable PVR without any problems.

I only found out about the update today by reading these posts.Why does the update not automatically work ,how many people even realize there is an update

not that I have noticed any improvements.

I only found out about the update today by reading these posts.Why does the update not automatically work ,how many people even realize there is an update

not that I have noticed any improvements.

Same.

If I hadn't read it here then I wonder when it would have updated if it's been there since last week.

Mine hadnt updated either. Hopefully there is something new?

Either way it still good if it actually turns the screen off now with HDMI, its a pity my new tv doesnt have an autoshut off like my old tv did once it hits a blank screen in HDMI, I guess they dont need it these days with HDMI CEC. Its a pity they dont built it into pay tv boxes.

Oh well now my tv wont accidently be left on for hours every now and then when the universal remote misses the power button on the tv,because now my tv says "No Signal" when the box is in standby.

Edited by killer1500

Any one else finding that the mute button wont work unless the box is rebooted.Happened yesterday and again today.When I rang their response

was to blame the remote even though I told them that it worked after being rebooted.

Is there any way to reboot mysyar HD without turning it off at the power? Some sort of botton combo ?

Also is it normal to get image distortion from time to time. I noticed it yesterday when watching some soccer and a movie I would get small squarres aka image distortion for a sec then it goes normal

Is there any way to reboot mysyar HD without turning it off at the power? Some sort of botton combo ?

Also is it normal to get image distortion from time to time. I noticed it yesterday when watching some soccer and a movie I would get small squarres aka image distortion for a sec then it goes normal

Keep your finger on the power button on the front of the Mystar HD for a while then release it. That makes it reboot.

Thanks for that

Now anyone know this - Is it normal to get image distortion from time to time. I noticed it yesterday when watching some soccer and a movie I would get small squarres aka image distortion for a sec then it goes normal

This is probably a little off topic....but I have noticed an issue regarding the Movie channels.

When I scroll through Showtime HD, sometime on Sunday (1/1) the listings change from the expected film-type programmes to info-mercials (Ab Circle Pro, Your Baby Can Read etc.)

At first I thought it was my box, but after a hard reset and the same issue appearing, I checked the 2nd box in the Loungeroom and it too has the same issue.

Is anyone else noticing this?

After much head-scratching, the only theory I have is that as of the New Year (Sunday 1/1/12) the channel numbers are changing??

Any info or advice on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated :-)

This might sound stupid, but is your online EPG doing it too?

My listings are all fine, they are updated daily though so it might of been fixed by now. Could of just been the case of someone at Austar messing up.

Edited by killer1500

This is probably a little off topic....but I have noticed an issue regarding the Movie channels.

When I scroll through Showtime HD, sometime on Sunday (1/1) the listings change from the expected film-type programmes to info-mercials (Ab Circle Pro, Your Baby Can Read etc.)

At first I thought it was my box, but after a hard reset and the same issue appearing, I checked the 2nd box in the Loungeroom and it too has the same issue.

Is anyone else noticing this?

After much head-scratching, the only theory I have is that as of the New Year (Sunday 1/1/12) the channel numbers are changing??

Any info or advice on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated :-)

I'm having the same issue been having to set recordings on my iPhone app.