Sign in to follow this  
OzyDave

Mystar Hd - Issues And Comments

Anyone having their Mystar HD box turn itself on? I have had mine off and for the past 2 days (Yesterday & Today) when I have got up in the morning the green light is on. Whats going on here, anyone else?

Any idea why?

When you find out, give Austar a call and let them know too. ;)

Any idea why?

Nope. Doesn't really worry me though seeing it's not causing any problems.

Both our HD mystars show a black screen on Prime 006. No problem with Prime 062 (Seven2) or Prime 063 (7Mate) on the same antenna. Tried a reset, no difference. Prime works fine on both tvs which are looped from the mystars antenna out. Signal is from Mt Sugarloaf Newcastle. All other FTA channels are fine. Never had a problem before so did something change with Prime that the mystar cant display pics?

I have noticed a number of times that programs I have series linked disappear from the planner. This is very annoying when I realise I've missed some recordings.

Something I discovered last night, watching the "live" NRL on Fox whilst talking to a relative on the phone who was watching the same match. Relative's broadcast was 5 seconds ahead of mine. I have MyStar HD whilst relative has SD box. I guess everything I watch is delayed by the HD box recording to the cache.

Does anyone know why I don't receive the digital freeview tv channels through my mystar box? I get ABC/2 and SBS/2 but nothing like win, ONE etc. I have friends who live a few blocks away that get the channels. I'd like to use mystar to record shows on these channels

Does anyone know why I don't receive the digital freeview tv channels through my mystar box? I get ABC/2 and SBS/2 but nothing like win, ONE etc. I have friends who live a few blocks away that get the channels. I'd like to use mystar to record shows on these channels

If the aerial is connected as well as the dish then give Austar a ring and tell them. Your region has to be set by Austar so the box searches for the free to air channels in your area.

I have noticed a number of times that programs I have series linked disappear from the planner. This is very annoying when I realise I've missed some recordings.

Something I discovered last night, watching the "live" NRL on Fox whilst talking to a relative on the phone who was watching the same match. Relative's broadcast was 5 seconds ahead of mine. I have MyStar HD whilst relative has SD box. I guess everything I watch is delayed by the HD box recording to the cache.

if you go to your SD chans they will be ahead of your HD chans. Its just the HD chans

if you go to your SD chans they will be ahead of your HD chans. Its just the HD chans

Ok. That makes sense. I was on HD and comparing to an SD broadcast.

If the aerial is connected as well as the dish then give Austar a ring and tell them. Your region has to be set by Austar so the box searches for the free to air channels in your area.

All the FTA PID's are pre-programmed into the MyStar units. If you are getting your FTA reception from a more recently updated ( dig converted) translator then the chances are that Austar has not applied the PID's. This means that, although the commercial FTA DTV channels are pouring out of your antenna cable, the MyStar box is unable to recognise them and will return to show only ABC and SBS which have been available in most areas for years.

I called up Austar some time ago on behalf of a customer, and was told that the FTA side of MyStar is an added feature and Austar will not take responsibility whether it works or not at your home. When I queried this rebuff was told that it takes time for the engineers to reconfigure the FTA PID's. This is for local translators not the main transmission tower. That was a year ago and noticed again more recently that people with MyStar getting FTA from the local translator still can't 'tune' in the commercial channels which means having to switch remotes to watch them thru the TV's tunable tuner.

One question I have is that if the engineers (tough job) at Austar manage to include local PID's then will it automatically update at midnight? and if so how does the customer know the miracle has happened?

Went into the MyStar planner last night and discovered I now had only 8 programs series linked. The day before I had more then 15. Spent 15 minutes going through the EPG relinking the ones that magically disappeared.