Sign in to follow this  
OzyDave

Mystar Hd - Issues And Comments

Just got a Mystar HD a week ago. Where is the reset button? I tried holding down the power button but all it did was just put it on standby and did not reset the machine.

We have been unplugging or switching the think off at the wall when needing a reset.

Did Austar think that this magic machine would mean no more resets, seems strange to me.

Just got a Mystar HD a week ago. Where is the reset button? I tried holding down the power button but all it did was just put it on standby and did not reset the machine.

We have been unplugging or switching the think off at the wall when needing a reset.

Did Austar think that this magic machine would mean no more resets, seems strange to me.

Keep your finger on the power button for a while and then just take it off. Works for me.

You need to hold the power button in for about 10-15 seconds.If it does not resert by that time then you need to switch of at the mains or unplug the power lead from the box (which ever is easiest)and wait about 15 seconds then reconnect.

Its a right royal pain that you need to do these things.Imagine if a major manufacturer produced such unreliable rubbish as these.

These Mystar boxes have been around for a while now. I wonder if Austar has later revisions of either the SD or HD models.

Certainly the SD model was, to put it succintly, a piece of crap. The HD is an improvement, but it's still not a product that Panasonic or Sony would put their names to.

Has anyone been contacted with a fix for the thin line on the right side of info bar after it gone as my new Mystar HD install has this as well at the top if you push the yellow button

I have contacted them and was told it a new problem that they have not herded of before???.

But it look like it been about for a while.

Edited by DJB66

We got the free mystar hd for 6 months with a harvey norman promotion, was installed a few days ago. Everything going ok so far, however, how long should the picture take to appear on the screen after taking the box off standby? I have not had any luck in getting the box to work after being on standby, only way to solve the problem is to disconnect the power, then it's all good again (until next time).

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Are you using HDMI? I've experienced precisely the same problem with a friends mystar HD and TV connected via HDMI. The only solution found when using HDMI was your's - power cycle the mystar. If you can, try using the component outputs. That's the arrangement I left my friend with and to date its been OK (mystar's numerous other problems remain, of course).

Its best just to leave it turned on all the time as they turn on during the night when updates come through, and then you wont have all the drama of resetting the box.

If its a HDMI signal problem, make sure the front display on the Mystar is green, then hold down the back button on the remote for about 15-20 seconds.

As with the fine line on tv after info bar there tech are working on it. It only affects larger tv have ask for a standed box back till problem is solved so i don,t get burn in to my new tv. A lot easier when you get someone that know what you mean on the other end of the line as well.

Anyone seeing a black line on the right hand side of their screen. Seems to appar after the info bar comes up. If you press info twice to get info on the show the line stays on the screen and its the size of the info bar when opened. Goes away after you turn TV off and austar off then it appears back when the info bar comes up.

Anyone else?? have a close look as you may not see if from a distance.

Hi Zoiberg, I am also having this problem. Tried using component connection and another tv entirely. Still there.

Who else has this problem?

Hi Zoiberg, I am also having this problem. Tried using component connection and another TV entirely. Still there.

Who else has this problem?

Ring Austar ask to talk to a higher tech don,t talk to the first one.

They know about the problem and are working on it ??? only affect larger TV

I ask for a standed box back. At this time it the only thing you can do.

Told them i was not going to take the risk of burning in of the line into a new TV.

The best thing everyone who has this problem is also contact Austar and strongly complain.

I'm fascinated to know how it only affects a larger TV when connected via component. I've heard some crap come out of Austar over the years, but this takes the cake.

I'm fascinated to know how it only affects a larger TV when connected via component. I've heard some crap come out of Austar over the years, but this takes the cake.

If I plug a smaller tv in I still see the line. I don't think size matters.