Sign in to follow this  
OzyDave

Mystar Hd - Issues And Comments

So no one else getting this black thin line???

Is it on the right hand side on your screen ?

So me and own-goal have this problem

There are a lot of members who have mystar, who else is getting this black thin line???

Yep, I have the same issue. Not so noticible from a distance, but noticible none the less. Thought initially it was a problem with my plasma, but came to the conclusion its probably dodgy firmware. This is Austar after all!

I've also noticed that since the latest "upgrade" my MyStar is sometimes REALLY slow at responding to the remote...kind of like it pauses to think and then every button push is processed really quickly :blink:

You'd think they'd have ironed out the bugs with this stuff by now wouldn't you? Not good enough for what you shell out for the privilege really ($90+ for me).

Dave.

Yer thats Austar for ya

Hope they fix this Little Black Line thing soon but then again, I remember when Showtime etc had choppy sound and that took them 4 or so months to fix :(

Stuttering sound slow to react to buttons pressed FF and then it shows about 15 secs of previous programme, went from a recorded programme

to programme guide and it reset it self.These are getting more buggy by the update.

Yeah ring up and get it reset is one answer but what else in your house needs this kind of attention!!!,especially as you have to pay to use it and

there is no other option.

Edited by nutmeg1

Ours sometimes instantly rewinds to the start of the cache (an hour back) when pausing live tv! It seems to be happening a lot more frequently since this latest update. Anyone else experiencing this glitch or is it just our box?

Ours sometimes instantly rewinds to the start of the cache (an hour back) when pausing live tv! It seems to be happening a lot more frequently since this latest update. Anyone else experiencing this glitch or is it just our box?

Yes, I've experienced this. Also the annoyance of trying to rewind say thirty seconds but the box repeatedly re-queues at a different spot like 20 seconds. The only way to get to see what I wanted is to go way back, perhaps a minute, and then play forward.

Lol they renamed On Demand to Featured. This week it also showed a preview of Foxtel New On Demand. They must of had a few customers ring up asking for it, and decided to rename it.

Rang Austar and complained about the little black line left behind after the info bar comes up on Mystar HD. The tech said this is the first they have heard of it which sounds strange to me.

So everyone thats getthing this problem, ring Austar and tell them about it so they get off their ass's and fix it!!

Rang Austar and complained about the little black line left behind after the info bar comes up on Mystar HD. The tech said this is the first they have heard of it which sounds strange to me.

So everyone thats getthing this problem, ring Austar and tell them about it so they get off their ass's and fix it!!

I get it too but its so thin and my eyes are not 20/20 so its not a problem for me until someone brings it up. lol

Guest qwawtuhs

I just got off the phone to Austar and was able to have every problem I ever had resolved... I cancelled it. Happy now :)

Guest EZYHD

My Mystar box will record live but not via timer. All ch are available to view.

I've checked cables, reset, no luck, so did factory reset still wont timer record any ideas?.

Austar have added a new search string feature via the program guide page (yellow button to access) which is actually quite useful.

It's still not without its issues, but my box seems to be much more responsive to remote commands since the latest upgrade. Interested to hear thoughts from others here.

Dave.

Bug with MyStar HD. I create a folder to store my recorded programmes, and I give it a folder name of consisting of 8 characters (the maximum). If I subsequently try to edit / change that folder name, I am unable to as when you select the edit option, you are told the folder name is already at the maximum of 8 characters. You are unable to delete any characters.

Zoidy, Friends of mine have the same trouble. They have a new 55" LG LCD tv. What have you got ? Thought it could be tv trouble initially but could be wrong.