Sign in to follow this  
OzyDave

Mystar Hd - Issues And Comments

Could you enlarge on this please? Does the interface work the same way as old Mystar? For example, how many key presses to does it take to play back a recorded item? Also, is the remote the same as for the old Mystar? I am hoping not, since my MX500 learning remote could not learn the commands from the old Mystar remote.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

It is exactly the same as the mystar except it is faster, has a new look and hd functions including hdmi.

And sorry but the mystar hd remote is the same as before.

Edited by aaaaplay

It is exactly the same as the mystar except it is faster

Does that mean we have to work up a sweat chasing it around the room trying to press the reset button?

It is exactly the same as the mystar except it is faster, has a new look and hd functions including hdmi.

And sorry but the mystar hd remote is the same as before.

This sounds like an odd question for a HD box but will it put out downscaled HD content on the composite output or none at all? As said previous, I use the composite output to copy a signal into several other rooms. For this purpose a downscaled output is tolerable. Our old eyes cant tell the difference unless we put the specs on.

At what quality is the HD content on the HDMI, 1080p, 1080i, 720p ..........?

Edited by BobD

This sounds like an odd question for a HD box but will it put out downscaled HD content on the composite output or none at all? As said previous, I use the composite output to copy a signal into several other rooms. For this purpose a downscaled output is tolerable. Our old eyes cant tell the difference unless we put the specs on.

At what quality is the HD content on the HDMI, 1080p, 1080i, 720p ..........?

Sorry its simple if you use anything other than hdmi or component no HD channels the box blocks them.

all the new SD channels will work though.

The hd quality is 1080i I think mabey 1080p in the future.

Edited by aaaaplay

Well that's pretty crappy. Why is the mystar HD different to every other STB on the market (including I believe the IQ2) in this respect?

aaaaplay how did you get it so early? is the UI still the same and are the HD channels the same quality as FTA HD channels or better or worse

aaaaplay how did you get it so early? is the UI still the same and are the HD channels the same quality as FTA HD channels or better or worse

Fathers an installer he ordered three.

Yes the ui is the same and its pretty crappy as its not made for HDMI quality picture so its pretty ugly.

None of the channels are avalible yet because the box cant be activated yet all you get is the channel names.

But I know the picture quality is 1080i because my television is telling me that it is in the info.

awesome im quite excited about it i have ordered and it said it will be delivered by the 15th which i think is quite soon as i have seen other people on here writing it will be delivered after the 25th but anyway its got to be better then the Mystar and if they are mailing me my Mystar HD what do i do with the old box do i send it back or what?

Has there been any mention if the Mystar HD will upscale the SD channels using the HDMI output or will the current SD channels still be broadcast in 576i using the HD box???

Or is that just wishful thinking? :unsure:

awesome im quite excited about it i have ordered and it said it will be delivered by the 15th which i think is quite soon as i have seen other people on here writing it will be delivered after the 25th but anyway its got to be better then the Mystar and if they are mailing me my Mystar HD what do i do with the old box do i send it back or what?

Yes they'll recycle them for use with other customers.

Has there been any mention if the Mystar HD will upscale the SD channels using the HDMI output or will the current SD channels still be broadcast in 576i using the HD box???

Or is that just wishful thinking? :unsure:

I think its wishful thinking first they need to get all the channels widescreen

I must be in the minority, I do prefer to watch things in the original size. So Keep old TV1 shows 4:3 etc and I'll be fine. Having said that, stop SCI FI and Comedy channel cropping movies......

With the amount of 16:9 shows that now appear on TV1 I'm a bit surprised that TV1 didn't switch to 16:9 with the introduction of D3.

Yes they'll recycle them for use with other customers.

There's a pot hole in the road in front of our house. I'd like to put the MyStar in there.

I must be in the minority, I do prefer to watch things in the original size. So Keep old TV1 shows 4:3 etc and I'll be fine. Having said that, stop SCI FI and Comedy channel cropping movies......

You might prefer 4:3 for old shows, but don't run away with the idea they were made in 4:3, the only reason you got them in 4:3 was because that was the shape of your old TV, the TV companies broadcast them that way to suit your old telly. Now Austar et al are saving resources by continuing to broadcast the smaller view.

Edited by ozbrit